General Gaming thread

What's Hot

Comments

• I started playing Bioshock for the first time.
    I think I’m going to enjoy this.
    Bioshock Infinite is the one I enjoyed, Borderlands 3 is worth a go if you’ve never played it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10340
    I started playing Bioshock for the first time.
    Brilliant game.

I am replaying it currently, 10+ years later after my first play through
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7323
    Just won for ths first time with iron clad. I had a relic that randomises the cost of cards which really helped, 0 cost apotheosis and barricade are damn handy. 
    That's the snecko eye. It's biggest strength is the card draw though.

Obviously, if your deck is a zero cost anger deck it's not a good choice! But if you have a lot of expensive cards it's often very strong, and even if not if you have a few cards to get in play for scaling early in long fights it's excellent. 
    I got it early so put tons of filth in my deck and removed a bunch of low cost. Only slightly annoying thing is sometimes you pay 3 for flex...but if you've got a ton of other 0 cost upgraded attack in hand can't comain too much 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7401
    My wife has got a bioshock tattoo. I thought she was going to get a little character or something, came back with a half sleeve. Big daddy, little sister, songbird and some flasks. It was quite the surprise.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4212
    There’s something about the movement in Bioshock that gives me really bad headaches - it’s almost like travel sickness. Annoyingly I’ve never been able to play it properly as a result :(
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7642
    I've never played Bioshock more than say 20-30 mins in, because I heard a massive spoiler about the plot the day after I got it and was miffed. I think I'd still like to play it. 
    Red ones are better. 
  • strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2480
    I started playing Bioshock for the first time.
    Bioshock Infinite is the one I enjoyed, Borderlands 3 is worth a go if you’ve never played it.
    I really enjoyed the Borderlands games when they came out, but they haven't aged terribly well, both in game design terms (they feel pretty grindy and repetitive after a while) and a lot of the humour is "of its time" too
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27492
    I've been playing Paper Mario Origami again this week. Absolutely great writing and decent fun for a couple of hours per night. Highly recommended and I'm definitely going to finish it this time. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • TenebrousTenebrous Frets: 1332
    I don't buy into any sort of drama between the Switch & Deck, & I've seen some truly ridiculous comments online that've made me cringe while looking the latter up, but damn... Video is on point =)

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SeshSesh Frets: 1865
    So, I've pretty much done Ratchet and Clank rift apart. Just a few trophies and weapons to upgrade. It's been a lot of fun, and is visually very impressive. But, over all I'm slightly underwhelmed. I've played most of the R&C games over the years and this one seems glitchier and invisible walls around objects preventing you climbing on some things seems a bit ps1 level coding to me. I miss the skill points, and having othere things to do. The battle arena was limited, there was no hover board racing or similar to add a bit of depth. The mini games were good, but not as good as previous ones. And they would have been better off calling it Ratchet or Clank. 
    Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a guitar a little.
    Tenebrous said:
    I don't buy into any sort of drama between the Switch & Deck, & I've seen some truly ridiculous comments online that've made me cringe while looking the latter up, but damn... Video is on point =)

See, this is genius. I think Steam may well have nailed the next-gen segment if the hardware is as capable as they're suggesting.

I could definitely see myself getting one of these over a PS5, XBox S, or the updated Switch for sure.
    Tenebrous said:

See, this is genius. I think Steam may well have nailed the next-gen segment if the hardware is as capable as they're suggesting.

I could definitely see myself getting one of these over a PS5, XBox S, or the updated Switch for sure.

They're all strong systems in their own ways. The best thing about the Deck is that it doesn't require strong sales to have games developed for it thanks to it just being a PC, which is nice... Nothing worse than paying several hundred quid for something that you'll only ever use for half a dozen games or so at most :anguished: 
    I've just preordered the 256GB Deck, I've already got a decent Steam library and it's been a long time since I've had a PC capable of playing most of them (Mac user here) so this could be a very nice setup alongside my PS4 Pro and my Switch :)
    Nice! I'm still torn on the Switch myself as the price of first party titles is just very high, though I'll undoubtedly borrow one to play Bayonetta 3 when that finally lands.

Definitely not going to be a naughty boy & play Breath of the Wild on the Deck.
  • cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2628
    Been playing Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 on my Series X since yesterday. Blown away by the visuals and depth of the game.

Flying over my house was the first thing I did, as did everybody else I reckon. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • punchesjudypunchesjudy Frets: 1047
    Yep. Currently on route to fly over my house as I type this. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27492
    I don't have an xbox or PC but I looked up my locale on youtube. I live in the lone tower on the right at 6:15 below, but rather hilariously the other 30+ tall buildings in the area aren't modelled :D 

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires

Good watch =)
  • Just won for ths first time with iron clad. I had a relic that randomises the cost of cards which really helped, 0 cost apotheosis and barricade are damn handy. 
    That's the snecko eye. It's biggest strength is the card draw though.

Obviously, if your deck is a zero cost anger deck it's not a good choice! But if you have a lot of expensive cards it's often very strong, and even if not if you have a few cards to get in play for scaling early in long fights it's excellent. 
    I got it early so put tons of filth in my deck and removed a bunch of low cost. Only slightly annoying thing is sometimes you pay 3 for flex...but if you've got a ton of other 0 cost upgraded attack in hand can't comain too much 

I just had a hilariously weird ironclad run. Started off with literally zero scaling - took a random rare for whale bonus, and got a bloody barricade... Not useful until late act 2.

Anyway, wound up making it to the act 2 boss and got a load of strength scaling. Made it to the heart, but never found a feel no pain or corruption so scaling the block was really hard. Came close but lost to the beat of death.

That was ascension 11. Now on a silent run.