General Gaming thread

What's Hot

Comments

• TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10276
    Did anyone ever play The Forest? Just discovered it and me and my friends are building a fort while fending off the hordes of hell! It’s a lot of fun!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • So I completed my MGS trilogy of 2, 3 & 4. It was good to connect with the games again after a good 12 years or so. I still enjoyed playing them. Perhaps felt a little let down by MGS2 more than any of them as that used to be my favourite but it felt a bit boring this time around. The others were good and I still enjoyed MGS2 too.

Bit gutted now because I've managed to get Ground Zeroes working on Parallels on my Mac M1, but MGSV won't work! So might need to investigate a cheap gaming PC build so I can play it :-/ Might also try Death Stranding after that.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1389
    mgs2 has some pacing issues, some boss encounters and stuff that go on far too long, particularly in the back end, but it ain't nearly as weirdly put together as mgs4!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1389
    bbill335 said:
    all i could seem to do was wiggle the right stick to look around and click it for reverse-180 view. i like front-bumper view like ridge racer if poss! 
    That’s an option!
    found it, mapped to L1. honestly the menus in this have to be be one of the most user-unfriendly around. no button mapping menu, no practice/time trial that i can find, split screen is bafflingly integrated. strange game. 
  • RedRabbitRedRabbit Frets: 486
    A little late to the party on this but just started Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor.  It's been sat unplayed in my steam library for years.

Hugely satisfying combat - taking on a horde of orcs is just too much fun.  Killed a couple of captains and had a run in with Golum so far.  Can see me sinking a lot of time into this one.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SpringywheelSpringywheel Frets: 942
    edited September 2021
    I’m borrowing a nintendo switch off my sister....mainly for Zelda BOTW. What are some other essential games? 
  • I’m borrowing a nintendo switch off my sister....mainly for Zelda BOTW. What are some other essential games? 
    In no particular order our favourites are the following - worth a look at all of them and pick a couple depending on your tastes. 

Mario Odyssey
    Mario Kart 8 DX
    Smash Bros
    Luigi’s Mansion 3 
    Untitled Goose Game
    Sayonara Wild Hearts
    Okami HD
    Rayman Legends 
    Mario vs Rabbids
    Ori & the Blind Forerst
    Far: Lone Sail
    Inside 
    Limbo

I haven’t played Mario 3D World on Switch but I loved it on Wii U. I’ve also heard great things about Hollow Knight, Transistor, Oxenfree and Hades but haven’t played them
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • Have to hand it to CD Keys. I'm 100% sure all of the game codes on their site are stolen, but in the last few days I purchased a code for Hitman 2 from them. When it didn't work and I requested a refund, not only did they refund my PayPal in full, they also gave me another Hitman 2 code which this time did work. They also threw in a 10% off code for my next order.

So thanks to them, I got the game for free.
    Just so people are aware. I have no idea what any of these words mean.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I’m borrowing a nintendo switch off my sister....mainly for Zelda BOTW. What are some other essential games? 
    In no particular order our favourites are the following - worth a look at all of them and pick a couple depending on your tastes. 

Mario Odyssey
    Mario Kart 8 DX
    Smash Bros
    Luigi’s Mansion 3 
    Untitled Goose Game
    Sayonara Wild Hearts
    Okami HD
    Rayman Legends 
    Mario vs Rabbids
    Ori & the Blind Forerst
    Far: Lone Sail
    Inside 
    Limbo

I haven’t played Mario 3D World on Switch but I loved it on Wii U. I’ve also heard great things about Hollow Knight, Transistor, Oxenfree and Hades but haven’t played them
    Transistor is great but imo Bastion is better. Both hv great soundtracks

ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2417
    bbill335 said:
    mgs2 has some pacing issues, some boss encounters and stuff that go on far too long, particularly in the back end, but it ain't nearly as weirdly put together as mgs4!
    I loved MGS2. The ending, while long, was unbelievably good! Currently on with MGS3 and waiting for things to get going.

Picked up Ikaruga for the GameCube the over the weekend. What a brilliant and beautifully designed game. I highly recommend it and believe it’s available on the Switch.
  • beed84 said:

Picked up Ikaruga for the GameCube the over the weekend. What a brilliant and beautifully designed game. I highly recommend it and believe it’s available on the Switch.
    Hard as fk tho.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bbill335 said:
    bbill335 said:
    all i could seem to do was wiggle the right stick to look around and click it for reverse-180 view. i like front-bumper view like ridge racer if poss! 
    That’s an option!
    found it, mapped to L1. honestly the menus in this have to be be one of the most user-unfriendly around. no button mapping menu, no practice/time trial that i can find, split screen is bafflingly integrated. strange game. 
    It's still the closest thing to Pacific Rift I've found so it will do me.

Until the Motorstorm people find a way to do an update... just after Elvis comes back from the dead.
    beed84 said:

Hard as fk tho.
    Yeah, that too. I’ve not got far at all!
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2246
    Doom Eternal has finally hit a price I'm comfortable with.. wow... It's really something
    Green eyes! Blam! Blam! Aww sheeiit!
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2442
    LuttiS said:
    Doom Eternal has finally hit a price I'm comfortable with.. wow... It's really something
    Unfortunately, it's nowhere near as good as the remake that came before it. Far too much of a focus on platforming and speedrunning IMO.
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2246
    FarleyUK said:
    LuttiS said:
    Unfortunately, it's nowhere near as good as the remake that came before it. Far too much of a focus on platforming and speedrunning IMO.
    Are we talking Doom 3 or Doom 2016? I'd agree on either one to be honest, but it's still a hell (see what I did there!) of a lot of fun. 

Was reading recently that apparently people didn't like Doom 3.. too much horror and having to think or something.. 
    FarleyUK said:
    LuttiS said:
    Agreed. While it’s a great game, there came a point when I just wanted it to end. DOOM 2016 was pretty much perfect.
  • Doom 2016 is fucking great and Mick Gordon is a total legend. Doom eternal was only alright though.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • LuttiS said:
    FarleyUK said:
    LuttiS said:
    Are we talking Doom 3 or Doom 2016? I'd agree on either one to be honest, but it's still a hell (see what I did there!) of a lot of fun. 

Was reading recently that apparently people didn't like Doom 3.. too much horror and having to think or something.. 

Doom 3 is an oddball in some ways - the original release forced you to turn a flashlight on or off, with battery life, and was quite a bit different to what Doom was. It was a pretty fun game in it's own right, though, and the world has finally begun to warm to it.

Not played doom eternal but loved doom 64! There is also a sequel to sigil soon.

Anyone preordered diablo 2 resurrected? 
  • I really enjoyed Doom 3. You just gotta take it as the slow-ish horror game that it is and not a fast-paced explodey-shooter. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires