General Gaming thread

What's Hot

Comments

• TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10385
    Deathloop has been very well reviewed. Have got it coming today. It looks great. Anyone else getting it?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Deathloop has been very well reviewed. Have got it coming today. It looks great. Anyone else getting it?
    Yep on the list for payday.
  • Anyone here played West of Loathing?

It's very funny and actually quite compelling! 
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2450
    Deathloop has been very well reviewed. Have got it coming today. It looks great. Anyone else getting it?
    Yep, I'd pre-ordered and pre-loaded it. Not that I'll get a chance to play it, mind....!
  • wibble said:
    March release date for Gran Turismo...

I say this at risk of ridicule and I fully get that gran turismo is a racing sim...

I much prefer forza, it's just more fun. I loved the first gt (many years ago now) but each iteration just felt like exactly the same thing with better graphics.

Maybe I will be wrong with the next one?
    Forza Motorsport is as much a sim as GT. They're both sim-lite, but both have some very good simulation elements.

I prefer the tyre model in Forza Motorsport though, GTS lacks grip for me. Feels too slippy.

But I do play both.

Forza Horizon dials down the simulation elements - though it is still on the convincing end of arcade racers. 

• JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4668
    edited September 2021
    Really interested in this as I love Arkane's other stuff - but I think my PC will struggle to run it.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• Forza Horizon to me is the perfect blend of arcade and simulation, with enough race types to tick all of the boxes. Rallying is as fun as drifting, drag racing is as fun as road racing, and bashing around mud kickers adventure site is as fun as doing the moonlit street scene races.
    Just so people are aware. I have no idea what any of these words mean.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited September 2021
    FarleyUK said:
    Yep, I'd pre-ordered and pre-loaded it. Not that I'll get a chance to play it, mind....!
    Ah cool. Mine is arriving later.

I’ve actually got you on my PSN friends list. I sent you a message on here the other day to ask you something about your Axe FX but you’re ignoring me for some reason. I hope I didn’t upset you in some way. Send me a message if I did and I’ll put it right. 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27655
    edited September 2021
    I have Deathloop downloading now. Need to do a bit more work before I can get stuck in.  My only pause is that Metro Gamecentral (who I usually agree quite closely with) "only" gave it 7, but I've loved most of Arcane's stuff so happy to give it a go

I also just realised Far Cry 6 is out in about 3 weeks, which looks great, if not spectacular, and is 4k & 60fps on PS% :D Hopefully also a bit more fun than #5 was...
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2450
    FarleyUK said:

I’ve actually got you on my PSN friends list. I sent you a message on here the other day to ask you something about your Axe FX but you’re ignoring me for some reason. I hope I didn’t upset you in some way. Send me a message if I did and I’ll put it right. 
    D'oh! No worries - and thanks for the offer, but nothing to rectify; it's all good! 
    FarleyUK said:
    FarleyUK said:

D'oh! No worries - and thanks for the offer, but nothing to rectify; it's all good! 
    Okay. :)
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7696
    edited September 2021
    I have Deathloop downloading now. Need to do a bit more work before I can get stuck in.  My only pause is that Metro Gamecentral (who I usually agree quite closely with) "only" gave it 7, but I've loved most of Arcane's stuff so happy to give it a go

I also just realised Far Cry 6 is out in about 3 weeks, which looks great, if not spectacular, and is 4k & 60fps on PS% D Hopefully also a bit more fun than #5 was...
    Has FC6 got anything new/different? I found 5 a bit dull even with the sidekick mechanic and ditched it half way through 

loved 3 and 4 
    Red ones are better. 
    I think that Far Cry is one of those games where the main, core dynamics of the game stays exactly the same so after playing 2 or 3 it can get a bit samey. 

This one needs to have more about it and just having Gus Fring won’t do it for me. I hope they’ve changed it up a lot. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I don’t know but I hope so. Completely agree on 5. It’s the first one since #2 I haven’t finished. I like the core gameplay loops but what I really want is more (and more varied) places to stealth-liberate, and less repetition in the other bits. Hopefully no random inescapable kidnappings this time either…

Will wait for reviews
    I don’t know but I hope so. Completely agree on 5. It’s the first one since #2 I haven’t finished. I like the core gameplay loops but what I really want is more (and more varied) places to stealth-liberate, and less repetition in the other bits. Hopefully no random inescapable kidnappings this time either…

Will wait for reviews
    Whoever signed off on that random kidnapping mechanic needs to stay away from any future games - it was infuriating and required more suspension of disbelief than I could summon - “oh you got me back to your hq - here comes the exposition - oh you released me? And again. And again. And again. 
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyO said:
    I don’t know but I hope so. Completely agree on 5. It’s the first one since #2 I haven’t finished. I like the core gameplay loops but what I really want is more (and more varied) places to stealth-liberate, and less repetition in the other bits. Hopefully no random inescapable kidnappings this time either…

Will wait for reviews
    Whoever signed off on that random kidnapping mechanic needs to stay away from any future games - it was infuriating and required more suspension of disbelief than I could summon - “oh you got me back to your hq - here comes the exposition - oh you released me? And again. And again. And again. 
    Yeah…
    First time “oh ok this is neat”. 
    Second time “ok, this must be a major plot thing to do it twice”
    Third and subsequent times “FFS…”
    TimmyO said:

Will wait for reviews
    Yeah…
    First time “oh ok this is neat”. 
    Second time “ok, this must be a major plot thing to do it twice”
    Third and subsequent times “FFS…”
    Particularly if you’ve just trekked across the map to do something 
    Red ones are better. 
    Death Loop is installed and ready to go. Now just need the kid go to bed :lol: 
  • Death Loop is installed and ready to go. Now just need the kid go to bed :lol: 
    I’ve just finished my first day. I am quite confused, but quite enjoying it
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2246

Oo-err