General Gaming thread

What's Hot

Comments

• FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2415
    Dammit. I was making good progress this morning in Deathloop, when it suddenly decided to freeze and crash on me!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Horizon 4 is going to be delisted soon. If you want to keep it forever you'll need to get it soon. 

Once it's delisted you can only download if you own it already. 
    Do you mean own it as in buy it, or if you’ve got it downloaded already via Gamepass you can keep it?
    If you've downloaded via gamepass you can keep it. But if you delete it you won't be able to download again.

But if you own the game you'll always be able to download it.

It's due to expiring licenses. All previous Horizon games have gone from the store now the same way. But as I own them all I can still download them. 

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11878
    Horizon 4 is going to be delisted soon. If you want to keep it forever you'll need to get it soon. 

Once it's delisted you can only download if you own it already. 
    Do you mean own it as in buy it, or if you’ve got it downloaded already via Gamepass you can keep it?
    If you've downloaded via gamepass you can keep it. But if you delete it you won't be able to download again.

But if you own the game you'll always be able to download it.

It's due to expiring licenses. All previous Horizon games have gone from the store now the same way. But as I own them all I can still download them. 
    Huh?  You mean PSN?

I thought with Gamepass once it's gone, you won't be able to access the game.  Like I uninstalled Red Dead Online this week! 
    edited September 2021
    Just checked with Gamepass

"Games you install using Xbox Game Pass remain playable once they've left the Game Pass catalogue only when you buy them—and you get a hefty discount when you buy games as an Xbox Game Pass subscriber. When you buy games at a discount, those games are yours to keep."

Only when you buy them.

And Horizon is not on Gamepass as that is a Sony exclusive.  I think you got confused Gamepass with PSN.
  • And Horizon is not on Gamepass as that is a Sony exclusive.  I think you got confused Gamepass with PSN.
    Forza Horizon
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10247
    edited September 2021
    FarleyUK said:
    Dammit. I was making good progress this morning in Deathloop, when it suddenly decided to freeze and crash on me!
    It’s very buggy. Often I can’t change a weapon and I’m stuck with the blade. The enemies are thick as shit too. I like the game but there’s a lot of style over substance. 
    And Horizon is not on Gamepass as that is a Sony exclusive.  I think you got confused Gamepass with PSN.
    Forza Horizon
    I see, but it seems if you got it from Gamepass you won't be able to play it without buying it once it leaves Gamepass.  
  • Just checked with Gamepass

"Games you install using Xbox Game Pass remain playable once they've left the Game Pass catalogue only when you buy them—and you get a hefty discount when you buy games as an Xbox Game Pass subscriber. When you buy games at a discount, those games are yours to keep."

Only when you buy them.

Forza Horizon you numpty.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited September 2021
    Just checked with Gamepass

Only when you buy them.

Forza Horizon you numpty.
    You still can't play games once they leave, you numpty.  

That's completely false.

https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/help/subscriptions-billing/manage-subscriptions/xbox-game-pass-faq

You have to have paid for them.
    FarleyUK said:
    It’s very buggy. Often I can’t change a weapon and I’m stuck with the blade. The enemies are thick as shit too. I like the game but there’s a lot of style over substance. 
    One thing I've discovered in games like this - I'm absolute crap at stealth. I can maybe pick one person off, but then just inevitably get caught, so it turns into clobberin' time.

I know what you mean about the AI though - I just got to the apartment, and all enemies were alerted - but I just stood by the window picking them off.
  • I like that Deathloop doesn’t punish you for “going loud” in the way the Dishonoured games do. You’re absolutely free to blast everyone with a shotgun provided you don’t die more than twice, and you accept that you might miss intel. 

I got myself a sniper rifle and killed a whole bunch of folks this morning in. Much fun was had. I need to get better with promixity mines and bottles next… :D 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    Oh FFS, Deathloop has crashed again, in the exact same place (the Library)!!!!
  • SimonhSimonh Frets: 1360
    Anything good out for the PS5 yet?
    FarleyUK said:
    FarleyUK said:
    One thing I've discovered in games like this - I'm absolute crap at stealth. I can maybe pick one person off, but then just inevitably get caught, so it turns into clobberin' time.

I know what you mean about the AI though - I just got to the apartment, and all enemies were alerted - but I just stood by the window picking them off.
    They can be a bit difficult when there’s a lot of them. I do enjoy it but it is a ball ache when you lose all your Residium or whatever it is. 
  • FarleyUK said:
    FarleyUK said:

They can be a bit difficult when there’s a lot of them. I do enjoy it but it is a ball ache when you lose all your Residium or whatever it is. 
    Run away, backwards, dropping trip mines :D 

I’m a huge fan of relocating the sentry guns… :)
  • I just trekked my way through the arse end of Updam, killed the dude with shift and got a tonne of residuum… and fell of a cliff and died my 3rd death. 

Feck
  • All the talk of Death Loop is making me jealous, but I can't justify paying £50 for it when I know it'll be on gamepass in a few months. Also gives the devs some time to address some of the performance/stuttering issues =)
    Tenebrous said:
    All the talk of Death Loop is making me jealous, but I can't justify paying £50 for it when I know it'll be on gamepass in a few months. Also gives the devs some time to address some of the performance/stuttering issues =)
    12 month exclusive on PS5 - so should be on gamepass next September. 
    Buy new for £50/£60, complete in three-four weeks and sell for £45. 
  • Killed Frank, got 2 fancy new guns, tonnes of trinkets, and 35k of Residuum to ensure I could keep the good stuff. Stood on a mine in my way back to base… ☹️
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom