General Gaming thread

What's Hot

Comments

• TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10247
    Death Loop is installed and ready to go. Now just need the kid go to bed :lol: 
    I’ve just finished my first day. I am quite confused, but quite enjoying it
    It looks like it’s a well made game. I thought it seemed similar to Dishonored and then I realised they made that too!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited September 2021
    Silly, silly thing about this game. You are seen, you are chased, you close a door right in front of the enemy and they don’t open it and you lose them. Stuff like that is stupid. 
    Okay. They’re opening doors now :lol: 
  • MolochMoloch Frets: 706
    LuttiS said:

Oo-err

I am mega-hyped for this, but mostly because we finally got a glimpse of Tzeentch's troops.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Deathloop looks like a good game. Not one I'm in a massive rush to play, mind, I'll probably wait for it to go onto Gamepass.

Right now I'm just patiently waiting for Forza Horizon 5, which can't come soon enough. In the mean time I'm bashing out all of the race disciplines in FH4 trying to level up as much as I can to get as many Horizon Rewards Points as possible.
    Just so people are aware. I have no idea what any of these words mean.

Right now I'm just patiently waiting for Forza Horizon 5, which can't come soon enough. In the mean time I'm bashing out all of the race disciplines in FH4 trying to level up as much as I can to get as many Horizon Rewards Points as possible.
    Can you use them in the next game then?
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2415
    One thing that always annoys me with Arkane games - the colour balance in the blacks is well off. It's never graduated like in other games. The shadows are just blobs of black areas.

It's not my TV, as it's been fully calibrated and shadows and dark areas in all other non-Arkane games are spot-on. I've noticed it in Prey, Dishonoured and now Deathloop (also across all platforms).
    edited September 2021
    Hmm I can’t say I’m noticing anything on my version. All looks fairly normal to me! Are you enjoying the game? I just killed the a visionary. It wasn’t very difficult. But from what I understand if I don’t kill them all in one day I have to keep going back and killing them, especially if I want their slabs. And I have to figure out how to keep them between loops so I don’t have to do that every time. 

• Right now I'm just patiently waiting for Forza Horizon 5, which can't come soon enough. In the mean time I'm bashing out all of the race disciplines in FH4 trying to level up as much as I can to get as many Horizon Rewards Points as possible.
    Can you use them in the next game then?
    Yeah, if you have the Forza Hub app on Xbox, it tracks progress. The higher your tier, the more rewards you get at the start of the next game, plus you get some weekly bonuses too.
  • Hmm I can’t say I’m noticing anything on my version. All looks fairly normal to me! Are you enjoying the game? I just killed the a visionary. It wasn’t very difficult. But from what I understand if I don’t kill them all in one day I have to keep going back and killing them, especially if I want their slabs. And I have to figure out how to keep them between loops so I don’t have to do that every time. 
    I just tried to kill Harriet. It didn’t go well. Back to the beginning I go…
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2415
    Hmm I can’t say I’m noticing anything on my version. All looks fairly normal to me! Are you enjoying the game? I just killed the a visionary. It wasn’t very difficult. But from what I understand if I don’t kill them all in one day I have to keep going back and killing them, especially if I want their slabs. And I have to figure out how to keep them between loops so I don’t have to do that every time. 
    Only played it for ten minutes - I’m at the first restart bit

I’ve killed two and I’ve killed Juliana, but it doesn’t matter as you have to work out how to do it in order in the time zones they’re in. All I know is how to kill them, but now I have so figure all the connecting kills out and then redo them in one day. Also need to figure out how to keep all my stuff with the Arsenal leads. 
  • Just so people are aware. I have no idea what any of these words mean.

• Hmm I can’t say I’m noticing anything on my version. All looks fairly normal to me! Are you enjoying the game? I just killed the a visionary. It wasn’t very difficult. But from what I understand if I don’t kill them all in one day I have to keep going back and killing them, especially if I want their slabs. And I have to figure out how to keep them between loops so I don’t have to do that every time. 
    I’ve killed two and I’ve killed Juliana, but it doesn’t matter as you have to work out how to do it in order in the time zones they’re in. All I know is how to kill them, but now I have so figure all the connecting kills out and then redo them in one day. Also need to figure out how to keep all my stuff with the Arsenal leads. 
    I got the ability to retain some weapons last night, though it's not as straightforward as just "keep your stuff when you die" which keeps it interesting.  I'm still somewhat confused but really enjoying it.

My only mild complaints are I wish they'd improve the HDR a little bit (as well as a 60fps RT mode please), and I'd love it if they'd make the aiming controls a little less hair-trigger when moving the right stick just a tiny bit - it's hard to make fine adjustments. Minor complaint though as I'm trying for as much stealth as humanly possible
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I must admit I'm a little tempted by an Xbox to catch up on all the exclusive stuff I've never played. Forza Horizon 4/5 is top of that list... 
  • Horizon 4 is going to be delisted soon. If you want to keep it forever you'll need to get it soon. 

Once it's delisted you can only download if you own it already. 

Horizon 4 is going to be delisted soon. If you want to keep it forever you'll need to get it soon. 

Do you mean own it as in buy it, or if you’ve got it downloaded already via Gamepass you can keep it?
  • Horizon 4 is going to be delisted soon. If you want to keep it forever you'll need to get it soon. 

I hadn't heard about this, although I knew Forza Motorsport 7 was to be delisted soon.

I think it's all to do with expiring licenses on the cars and in-game songs.