General Gaming thread

What's Hot

Comments

• FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2445
    Finally finished Days Gone on PC - 65 hours logged. Just a few hordes to complete before I get the 'secret' ending.

Really loved it - just a huge shame there'll be no sequel :(
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1391
    i took the plunge on dirt5. i don't love it but it does seem pretty well put together. the dualsense feedback is ASTONISHINGLY good, but why can't i move the camera perspective so i can actually see the fucking track instead of just my rear bumper?
    where's the racing music? why are there oh-so-self-consciously-ironically-annoying podcast men prattling on between every race? why is it dropping frames in 1080p performance mode?
  • Finishing up Horizon 4 now. Done all the PR stunts apart from one danger sign jump where you have to thread the needle between some concrete cylinders that are all on the piss and a few drift zones, and done all but a few races. It has been absolutely the best game I've played on Series S so far.
    Just so people are aware. I have no idea what any of these words mean.
  • SeshSesh Frets: 1865
    Has anyone else played Crash Bandicoot 4: It's about Time?
    Bloody hell I'm finding it pretty tricky. On previous CB games it seemed possible to do the time trials and collect everything or at least get close. This one? Nah, I can see I'm never going to get close to completion. Ridiculous precision is needed and that's not me.

Oh well it'll tide me over until 4 GTA games hit the PS5. 
    Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a guitar a little.
  • SimonhSimonh Frets: 1360
    FarleyUK said:
    Finally finished Days Gone on PC - 65 hours logged. Just a few hordes to complete before I get the 'secret' ending.

I really enjoyed this one as well, different enough with just about the right level of difficulty.
    Simonh said:
    FarleyUK said:

I really enjoyed this one as well, different enough with just about the right level of difficulty.
    Did you get the 'secret' ending with O'Brian...?
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10340
    Finishing up Horizon 4 now. Done all the PR stunts apart from one danger sign jump where you have to thread the needle between some concrete cylinders that are all on the piss and a few drift zones, and done all but a few races. It has been absolutely the best game I've played on Series S so far.
    Still loving forza 4 on the pc.
    I haven't had a racing game grip me like that for over 10 years
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27492
    Finished Paper Mario: The Origami King on Switch. Great humour throughout, the puzzle fighting overstayed its welcome a little. Overall 7/10 and a good reminder why I don't enjoy heavier JRPGs
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • SimonhSimonh Frets: 1360
    FarleyUK said:
    Simonh said:
    FarleyUK said:

Did you get the 'secret' ending with O'Brian...?
    Yes I almost 100% completed the game, there were only a few bits I didn't finish in the end
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24738
    bbill335 said:
    i took the plunge on dirt5. i don't love it but it does seem pretty well put together. the dualsense feedback is ASTONISHINGLY good, but why can't i move the camera perspective so i can actually see the fucking track instead of just my rear bumper?
    where's the racing music? why are there oh-so-self-consciously-ironically-annoying podcast men prattling on between every race? why is it dropping frames in 1080p performance mode?
    I always play driving games from inside the car - I find it odd that people want to drive from above and behind!

There are a couple of different rear views though. I forget which control it is to cycle through them though. I'll have a look later.
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1391
    all i could seem to do was wiggle the right stick to look around and click it for reverse-180 view. i like front-bumper view like ridge racer if poss! 
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10369
    I always play from two views above the car. I don’t know why but I just feel like it’s more comfortable that way. I haven’t enjoyed a driving game since Forza 2. I played that game to death and I think I’m all driven out.
  • Downloaded the most recent Hitman Trilogy on Series S as I managed to get all 3 games for a combined £43. Christ they're hard.
    Just so people are aware. I have no idea what any of these words mean.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24738
    bbill335 said:
    all i could seem to do was wiggle the right stick to look around and click it for reverse-180 view. i like front-bumper view like ridge racer if poss! 
    That’s an option!
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17788
    tFB Trader
    Any fans of monster train on here?

Apparently it's getting a switch release.
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2437
    Quake has just landed on the Switch for the measly sum of £7.99. That's my bank holiday weekend owned!
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8071
    beed84 said:
    Quake has just landed on the Switch for the measly sum of £7.99. That's my bank holiday weekend owned!
    I bought Quake on the PS5 on Friday. Comes with all the official add-ons and expansions.  And, If you sign up for a Bethesda account, you get Quake 64, which has different level designs. 
    I played Quake to death on PC 25 years ago, I must have completed it at least 40 times over the years. 
    Was great to play it again, was like popping on a super comfy pair of old boots; comfy, warming and familiar. Loved coming back to it.  I still
    remember the majority of the secret areas.  
    £7.99 well spent. 
    The DLC for Ghost of Tsushima is out!

I'm really pissed off though, as all my old PS4 saves were in the cloud. Now that I don't have PS Plus, I cannot access them. Looks like I'll have to get a cheap 1 month PS Plus code just so I can download all my saved data for everything.
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7323
    TheMarlin said:
    beed84 said:
    I bought Quake on the PS5 on Friday. Comes with all the official add-ons and expansions.  And, If you sign up for a Bethesda account, you get Quake 64, which has different level designs. 
    I played Quake to death on PC 25 years ago, I must have completed it at least 40 times over the years. 
    Was great to play it again, was like popping on a super comfy pair of old boots; comfy, warming and familiar. Loved coming back to it.  I still
    remember the majority of the secret areas.  
    £7.99 well spent. 
    man I played original quake to death, I remember on early updates the spawn order for maps was fixed so especially in small maps like DM4 once you killed someone you could just chase them from spawn point to spawn point killing them before they had a chance to grab any weapons or armour.

Also remember some levels you could do crazy speed runs on with rocket jumping.

Back in the day I actually made a bunch of levels, new monsters and mods in quake-c. 

Played loads of TC's as well, ones that stick out in my memory were Zerstorer and Quake rally. 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • Any fans of monster train on here?

Apparently it's getting a switch release.

Not played it, but when I'm tired of slay the spire I'll get it. 

I'm now officially an ascension 20 slay the spire player at last. :) still not boring.