General Gaming thread

What's Hot

Comments

• CirrusCirrus Frets: 8497
    I've been flight simming since last September, did a propeller plane journey around the world (215 hrs in game time) which I finished just a couple of days ago. It's a nice relaxing and engaging way to spend time, but it's a different mindset. On a lot of the flights I'll have google and wikipedia open to read about the things I'm seeing and learn about the area.

Just popped on over Birmingham earlier and it was far and away the busiest it's ever been - suspect that'll tail off quite quickly.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Cirrus said:
    I've been flight simming since last September, did a propeller plane journey around the world (215 hrs in game time) which I finished just a couple of days ago. It's a nice relaxing and engaging way to spend time, but it's a different mindset. On a lot of the flights I'll have google and wikipedia open to read about the things I'm seeing and learn about the area.

Just popped on over Birmingham earlier and it was far and away the busiest it's ever been - suspect that'll tail off quite quickly.
    I know for a fact the first thing I'm going to do is fly over Brum. See how good St Andrews looks in game.
    Just so people are aware. I have no idea what any of these words mean.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12005
    I flew over Seoul, not very detailed…missing massive landmarks like the Seoul Tower and Lotte Tower (tallest building in Korea, one of the top 10 in the world).
    You can almost see Hachiko the dog. 

• bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1391
    i, like many here, have gotten a ps5 in the last two weeks.

guilty gear strive - let's rock
    scarlet nexus - got that weird japanese action game feel to it, looking forward to getting truly stuck in
    demon's souls - i die a lot

also bought the upgrades for ff7r and control. kind of wish i'd not played control on ps4 as it basically couldn't run properly. 

i saw someone say dirt 5 has split screen so may pick that up at some point. 
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2445
    Come back to Days Gone on PC. I almost finished it on PS4, so I admit I have a few mods enabled on PC - such as increased horde size and unlimited fuel.

Really enjoying it - just up to the part I got to on PS4 (about 35 hours in...).
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24742
    bbill335 said:
    i, like many here, have gotten a ps5 in the last two weeks.

guilty gear strive - let's rock
    scarlet nexus - got that weird japanese action game feel to it, looking forward to getting truly stuck in
    demon's souls - i die a lot

also bought the upgrades for ff7r and control. kind of wish i'd not played control on ps4 as it basically couldn't run properly. 

i saw someone say dirt 5 has split screen so may pick that up at some point. 
    Dirt 5 does have split screen.

Its great fun.
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1391
    my good lady does like video games but our tastes are quite divergent, not sure if she's into racing beyond mario kart. our splt screen games of choice are the aformention MK8, puyo puyo tetris and we've enjoyed mortal kombat x from the ps5 ps+ collection. 
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10340
    I've been really enjoying forza 4 horizon lately.
    Picked it up fairly cheap on cdkeys (for pc)
    It's a great looking game and lots of fun
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10371
    Anyone tried The Ascent on Xbox?
  • andypandyp Frets: 332
    Been playing it for an hour or two so far split over the last couple of nights. I think it’s brilliant.

There’s a really awesome feel to it. Controls take a bit of getting used to and I’m barely into the start of the game, but I really like it. The graphics and music are fantastic.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • punchesjudypunchesjudy Frets: 1047
    andyp said:
    Been playing it for an hour or two so far split over the last couple of nights. I think it’s brilliant.

There’s a really awesome feel to it. Controls take a bit of getting used to and I’m barely into the start of the game, but I really like it. The graphics and music are fantastic.
    Yep this. Loving it so far. Guns sound amazing as well. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10371
    Cool. I’ll give it a go!

I tried Flight Sim. I flew in a straight line for 10 mins then couldn’t be bothered. I don’t get it. :lol: 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Finally sat down with the Series S properly today.

Flight Sim and Forza Horizon 4 are both great. Spent a good few hours flying around the Orlando/Kissimmee area trying to find all the rides at the theme parks before trying (and failing) to land on top of the Amway Center.

What other games have people been playing on Gamepass?
    Just so people are aware. I have no idea what any of these words mean.
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2445
    Almost finished Ratchet and Clank - really enjoyed it (although could do without the oh-so-saccharin-sweet lessons on morality). Hopefully finish Days Gone either tomorrow or next week - another one I've really enjoyed (especially with the mods on PC).
    Finally sat down with the Series S properly today.

Flight Sim and Forza Horizon 4 are both great. Spent a good few hours flying around the Orlando/Kissimmee area trying to find all the rides at the theme parks before trying (and failing) to land on top of the Amway Center.

Get on Wreckfest while you are deciding, it's easy driving game that can be picked up and put down for a quick 20min or 2 hour session.

• What other games have people been playing on Gamepass?
    I'm still working through the Master Chief Collection - started Halo 2 last night, and it's really very good. The tarting up of the cut scenes is bloody incredible.

Also started What Remains of Edith Finch - this came out a good while after I stopped keeping up with video games, and so I missed it, despite - and without even realising - that it's by Giant Sparrow, whose first game was The Unfinished Swan, which I absolutely loved.

I've only played a bit of it, and that was with the sound off, and on my phone, but it was good - I imagine that with a controller it will be a better experience, and even more so if I play it on console on the big TV. And sound, of course, I imagine that the sound is an integral part of the game, although I don't believe essential as all of the character's monologue is superimposed on the landscape. I'm looking forward to continuing with it.
  • Finally sat down with the Series S properly today.

Dirt 5 is well worth a look
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7401
    I've been playing Borderlands 3 coop with my wife. Getting a bit upset that she seems to be getting more trophies and better guns than me.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TenebrousTenebrous Frets: 1332

Exciting times ahead :)