General Gaming thread

What's Hot

Comments

• ennspek said:
    Those who have an Xbox S how are you finding it? Any regrets not getting the X?

I'm thinking of getting one to go with the PS5.
    I have a Series S and PS5 Disc as I wanted one disc based for 4K films and seeing as I use Xbox mainly digital that was my choice.

the Series S is a superb console, what they have put in such a small box is amazing.

I'm getting increasingly interested in the XBox Game Pass offerings, though I've been a die-hard Sony fan since the PS1. My apathy for the PS5 release schedule makes me wonder if I could just get an S/X instead and play through the XBox back-catalogue instead for a year or two...
    Xbox Ultimate pass is unbeatable, gives you Xbox Live Gold, Gamepass, EA Play and Gamepass on PC.  All Xbox exclusives come on from release day, so for eg the new MS Flight Sim will be on Xbox and PC as part of the subscription.
    Don't forget a bunch of EA titles go straight to game pass. The new Battlefield and the latest MLB being prime examples.
    Just so people are aware. I have no idea what any of these words mean.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

• Difficulty levels - as you complete runs you'll unlock harder difficulties. 
    I quite like the silent because of the card cycling. If you've ever played magic it feels very "blue".

I lost my last silent run. It was a sort-of discard deck with a strong late-game poison synergy. Took the wrong boss relic I think - the deck was fine, but I went for a retain relic and while it got me through the 3rd act very comfortably the boss finished me off. Probably doable, but needed much more thinking than I can manage. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7383
    Just won for ths first time with iron clad. I had a relic that randomises the cost of cards which really helped, 0 cost apotheosis and barricade are damn handy. 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • Just won for ths first time with iron clad. I had a relic that randomises the cost of cards which really helped, 0 cost apotheosis and barricade are damn handy. 
    That's the snecko eye. It's biggest strength is the card draw though.

Obviously, if your deck is a zero cost anger deck it's not a good choice! But if you have a lot of expensive cards it's often very strong, and even if not if you have a few cards to get in play for scaling early in long fights it's excellent. 
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24880
    I've been playing Dirt 5 with eldest spawn this morning.

That's a great game. Definitely has a Motorstorm vibe to it even if the cars aren't as inspired.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7754

That's a great game. Definitely has a Motorstorm vibe to it even if the cars aren't as inspired.
    They should reboot Pacific Rift 
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TenebrousTenebrous Frets: 1332
    Wanted something like the Steam Deck for ages, gave up, bought a really nice laptop (Zephyrus G14) to compliment the desktop, and look what Valve & go and announce :'( Sods law! Managed to get down a reservation for the first batch however, so exciting times ahead. Can't wait to get some emulators on the go & replay some games (most notably Bayonetta 2, which was good enough to sell me on a Wii U back in the day).

Game-wise, I'm finally giving Dead Cells a go after having it sit on my wishlist since launch & in my library since a recent sale. It's fine... Good enemy variety, great weapons, solid art, but the tone of it all is a bit too samey to other roguelites I've played in the past, & overall, I prefer the controls of Rogue Legacy 2 over it. Definitely worth a play, though.
    TimmyO said:

Definitely. Someone on here actually worked on that game. But apparently there is no chance. Company gone under or something.

• maraudermarauder Frets: 134
    Sony dumped Evolution Studios when Drive Club flopped.
    They ended up making OnRush for XBone and PS4, for Codemasters, which has Motorstorm DNA in it. I really like it, but no one bought it.

Main man left, when to Slighty Mad who make Project Cars.  which ended up being bought by Codemasters.
    Dirt 5 has some Motorstorm DNA in it.

Alas, now all owned by EA, so that'll be the end of anything Motorstorm like.

Get OnRush, its dirt cheap on disc.  The team mechanic is weird at first, but its pure arcade fun.

None are as good as Pacific Rift.

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7754
    TimmyO said:

Definitely. Someone on here actually worked on that game. But apparently there is no chance. Company gone under or something.
    Motoform : Specific Grift then 
    Red ones are better. 
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10389
    edited July 2021
    Tenebrous said:
    Wanted something like the Steam Deck for ages, gave up, bought a really nice laptop (Zephyrus G14) to compliment the desktop, and look what Valve & go and announce Sods law! Managed to get down a reservation for the first batch however, so exciting times ahead. Can't wait to get some emulators on the go & replay some games (most notably Bayonetta 2, which was good enough to sell me on a Wii U back in the day).

Game-wise, I'm finally giving Dead Cells a go after having it sit on my wishlist since launch & in my library since a recent sale. It's fine... Good enemy variety, great weapons, solid art, but the tone of it all is a bit too samey to other roguelites I've played in the past, & overall, I prefer the controls of Rogue Legacy 2 over it. Definitely worth a play, though.
    Which one did you go for? I got the highest specced one and it says Q3 2022. When’s yours expected by?

Edit: They’ve moved it from Q3 to Q2!
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2246
    Been going on a bit of an old school RTS binge..
    Been replaying the original Starcraft, War2 BNE, total annihilation, Warlords battlecry, just re-installed Dawn of War 1.. fun times ahead :)
  • TenebrousTenebrous Frets: 1332
    Tenebrous said:
    Wanted something like the Steam Deck for ages, gave up, bought a really nice laptop (Zephyrus G14) to compliment the desktop, and look what Valve & go and announce Sods law! Managed to get down a reservation for the first batch however, so exciting times ahead. Can't wait to get some emulators on the go & replay some games (most notably Bayonetta 2, which was good enough to sell me on a Wii U back in the day).

Which one did you go for? I got the highest specced one and it says Q3 2022. When’s yours expected by?

Edit: They’ve moved it from Q3 to Q2!
    512GB & December :+1: Added £4 to my wallet before the store went up to reduce any chance of failure to check out, & managed to get out in under a minute.

• LuttiS said:
    Been replaying the original Starcraft, War2 BNE, total annihilation, Warlords battlecry, just re-installed Dawn of War 1.. fun times ahead :)

Oh man, starcraft, there are some memories. What an excellent game. 
    I started playing Bioshock for the first time.
    I think I’m going to enjoy this.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I started playing Bioshock for the first time.
    Bioshock is great! I didn't mind the sequels but the first one is my favourite. 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27757
    I started playing Bioshock for the first time.
    You're in for a treat. 

No spoilers! I never played 2 aside from a brief rental and deciding I didn't like it. Might be worth trying again. Infinite is great, but worth holding off till after the OG one. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • I love the Bioshock games. 1 is probably my favourite, closely followed by Infinite.

Would you kindly let us know what ending you get?
    Just so people are aware. I have no idea what any of these words mean.
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2246
    LuttiS said:

Oh man, starcraft, there are some memories. What an excellent game. 
    The remaster of StarCraft is surprisingly good. They haven't changed the core game just made it so it's playable on bigger than 14" monitors :)
    Just finished the Terran campaign today, going to get my Zerg on later!
    I love the Bioshock games. 1 is probably my favourite, closely followed by Infinite.

Would you kindly let us know what ending you get?
    I had no idea there are different endings.

I will though, then when I’m done I’ll look up the others.