General Gaming thread

What's Hot

Comments

• ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    It's awesome?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Enjoying Returnal and Ratchet and Clank because I'm a weak person and caved to the nefarious pricing. I actually find Returnal more addictive so far.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2510
    Yeah, Sony’s pricing is absolutely criminal. 
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10580
    I've been playing the PS4 Ratchet & Clank and I can't say it's grabbed me. It just seems like a rather average platformer with a lot of mobs to gun down. I doubt I'll get Rift Apart. 
    Rift apart is fun and genuinely getting toward playable Pixar.
    I haven't liked most of the previous games either 
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4374
    So, I managed to get hold of a PS5 at last, though I'm not sure I actually want it now. I've not opened it, so can you guys give me some reasons why I should keep it and not return it?
    Games that you want to play? 
    Looking at the release radar there just doesn’t seem to be much on there that jumps out at me as an incentive, just a handful of games really
    I got Skyward Sword HD. It looks like it’ll be a lot of fun, and filler for BOTW2, the first of which I’d say was probably one of if not the best games of that gen. 

Did you guys see the new Valve handheld? The Steam Deck? It looks awesome. I’ve preordered mine but it’ll be over a years wait it seems. 

• beed84beed84 Frets: 2494
    edited July 2021
    I don't know about anyone else, but the sheer amount of available games to play these days is overwhelming. I find myself rarely playing any.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28681
    I'm getting serious Master System vibes from the Steam Deck. The attraction of the Switch for me is the Nintendo games... 

Funny how the "PC Master Race" brigade are so pro-mouse+keyboard and anti-Nintendo until they get an option that's just a fancy Switch and suddenly they're all over it...
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • I wouldn't say I'm "PC Master Race" but if this allows me to play Crusader Kings without the sound of my laptop fans going full pelt (it genuinely sounds like it's doing runway checks in preparation for take off) then I'll absolutely be wanting one.
    Just so people are aware. I have no idea what any of these words mean.
  • strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2587
    I was considering skyward sword but £50 for a 10 year old game is a bit much, so will wait until it's below £30
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
    I have to be honest, Skyward is the only 3D Zelda I’ve played and not finished (Wind Waker the only one I haven’t played). I just couldn’t deal with the motion controls. Maybe better in the new version but I’d rather play BOTW or MM again I think.
    It’s £45 at Argos. And it’s remastered. Pretty cool!
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12319
    I've put my named down on the Steam Deck, I think I am slowly coming round to this, rather thinking of it like a low spec gaming PC, I am starting to think of it like an Xbox Series S on the Go. It's the mobile Xbox that MS never made. Seeing it only targets to run 720p it should run most games just fine handheld.

Hopefully, by the time it arrives travelling will be the norm again.

Dual boot with windows so have GamePass, get a large microSD for storage, can even run off games on a external SSD as well. 

plus it will be handy to have a Windows machine at home for the odd thing now and again (Mac only at the moment).
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10343
    strtdv said:
    I was considering skyward sword but £50 for a 10 year old game is a bit much, so will wait until it's below £30
    I really cant get onboard with the amount of wii/wii u releases on the switch. 
    It's so fucking lazy from nintendo and the pricing takes the piss.

I got my son a wii u. Games are 10 quid all day long and it still has about 90% of the catalogue .
    The switch is getting a bit dusty.
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12319
    strtdv said:
    I really cant get onboard with the amount of wii/wii u releases on the switch. 
    It's so fucking lazy from nintendo and the pricing takes the piss.

I got my son a wii u. Games are 10 quid all day long and it still has about 90% of the catalogue .
    The switch is getting a bit dusty.
    I haven't double dibbed on these re-releases, not even Skyward Swords, which i haven't played the original either.  I am enjoying GamePass a lot more at the moment, so much to play there.
  • MattharrierMattharrier Frets: 464
    beed84 said:
    I don't know about anyone else, but the sheer amount of available games to play these days is overwhelming. I find myself rarely playing any.
    I'm not overwhelmed by the choice - I don't keep up with it any more, to be honest, I couldn't tell you what's recently been released or coming out soon! But I am in the same boat - if I get some time, I struggle to summon the enthusiasm to play anything, and either do something else, or play something familiar. I'm playing through the Halo series (again) in the Master Chief Collection at the moment.

Still really good, to be fair.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25495
    Right you PS5 people...

I get to collect my machine tomorrow.

What first game do I get to go with it? I tend to play multiplayer on my PC as it's hardwired rather than wifi, so something a bit more adventure / problem solving? I haven't played those sorts of games for years.

ta.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

Right you PS5 people...

What first game do I get to go with it? I tend to play multiplayer on my PC as it's hardwired rather than wifi, so something a bit more adventure / problem solving? I haven't played those sorts of games for years.

ta.
    Ratchet & Clank is the prettiest thing I’ve ever played. 

Spider-man Miles is great fun and also spectacular to look at. 

Ghost of Tsushima & God of War are both fantastic if you haven’t played them on PS4. 

Don’t forget to pick up all the PS Collection stuff on PS+ if you have it. 
    Right you PS5 people...

ta.
    Ratchet & Clank is the prettiest thing I’ve ever played. 

Spider-man Miles is great fun and also spectacular to look at. 

Ghost of Tsushima & God of War are both fantastic if you haven’t played them on PS4. 

Don’t forget to pick up all the PS Collection stuff on PS+ if you have it. 
    All great suggestions. Returnal if you don't mind games being a bit hardcore, Demons Souls also.