General Gaming thread

What's Hot

Comments

• RedRabbitRedRabbit Frets: 501
    DefaultM said:
    How are people in here getting PS5s when Currys still haven't got me mine that I've already paid for?! Haha 
    I got a bit lucky.  I've been following a stock informer account on Twitter for ages but most spots go out of stock in seconds or have seemingly broken queue systems (Game, I'm looking at you).  Mine came from Asda but I only got it due to a glitch on the site that meant the "add to basket" button was missing but I'd already got one in my basket from the last time they were in stock but sold out before I got to checkout.

It's not good that Curry's haven't been able to get one to you yet if you've paid for it.  I thought their ticket system was meant to avoid this sort of thing.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2450
    Got mine from Very - delivered within 2 days (on a Saturday, no less!). I suggest you have the website and their Twitter open in the daytime with the alarm enabled. 
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8090
    Playing on PS5:
    Astro’s wotsit
    Doom Eternal
    Borderlands 3
    Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart
    Returnal
    Last of Us Remastered (free with PSN)
    and Fallout 4 

All fabulous games!!

I’ve always liked the Borderlands games, so BDL3 is getting most of the attention at the moment. 
    Nice PS5 free upgrade too!
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7418
    RedRabbit said:
    DefaultM said:
    How are people in here getting PS5s when Currys still haven't got me mine that I've already paid for?! Haha 
    I got a bit lucky.  I've been following a stock informer account on Twitter for ages but most spots go out of stock in seconds or have seemingly broken queue systems (Game, I'm looking at you).  Mine came from Asda but I only got it due to a glitch on the site that meant the "add to basket" button was missing but I'd already got one in my basket from the last time they were in stock but sold out before I got to checkout.

It's not good that Curry's haven't been able to get one to you yet if you've paid for it.  I thought their ticket system was meant to avoid this sort of thing.
    Yeah every time I tried to get one online id get put in a queue, but then after a while it would say sold out. I was going the second I got the alert as well so just assume people have bots. Then I had one in basket on amazon but when I went to checkout it wouldn't let me click the final button to pay. That one hurt haha.
    DefaultM said:
    RedRabbit said:
    DefaultM said:

Yeah every time I tried to get one online id get put in a queue, but then after a while it would say sold out. I was going the second I got the alert as well so just assume people have bots. Then I had one in basket on amazon but when I went to checkout it wouldn't let me click the final button to pay. That one hurt haha.
    I've had a few instances where I've got to checkout only to be told it's out of stock.  Didn't really trust that I'd secured one from Asda until they said it was out for delivery.  

In other news, just spent a few hours on restarting Breath of the Wild.  To my shame I never finished it first time through and I want to finish it before BOTW2 is released.  It's just a glorious game - my only criticism is the speed with which weapons degrade.  Hopefully something that will be addressed in the sequel.
  • Look what I gone and did :)

• beed84beed84 Frets: 2444
    RedRabbit said:

In other news, just spent a few hours on restarting Breath of the Wild.  To my shame I never finished it first time through and I want to finish it before BOTW2 is released.  It's just a glorious game - my only criticism is the speed with which weapons degrade.  Hopefully something that will be addressed in the sequel.
    I thought the same and had to throw away weapons to store better ones or win battles with whatever I had. It wasn't until I pretty much finished the game that I decided to take a trip to that seed guy you met at the beginning – I wondered what he was about. Well, fml, it turned out all those seeds you collect (again, I was like, "what do these even do?") can buy storage blocks for weapons and such. I swear that game would've been a million times easier if I'd gone to visit him earlier.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Hot damn, Returnal is kicking my arse - still in the first biome after about eight hours!

Found the boss twice now, but he just kills me in his final phase. 
    beed84 said:
    RedRabbit said:

I thought the same and had to throw away weapons to store better ones or win battles with whatever I had. It wasn't until I pretty much finished the game that I decided to take a trip to that seed guy you met at the beginning – I wondered what he was about. Well, fml, it turned out all those seeds you collect (again, I was like, "what do these even do?") can buy storage blocks for weapons and such. I swear that game would've been a million times easier if I'd gone to visit him earlier.
    I've added 2 weapon slots already so I'm not running out of weapons.  It's more the frustration of finally getting a decent weapon and not wanting to use it.  I guess it adds another layer of strategy but they break so quickly it just winds me up.  Just going to have to grind shrines until I have enough health to get the master sword. 
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10385
    The problem I’ve found with playing games in quick succession of a similar kind, especially when they’re big is that I get burnout. I got all the Hitman games, played them all and then got to the latest one and just cannot be bothered with it. 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27661
    I feel like the only person who didn't mind the weapon thing in BOTW - it's half the fun, otherwise you just keep whacking Bokoblins with rusty rubbish until they eventually keel over. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12040
    I feel like the only person who didn't mind the weapon thing in BOTW - it's half the fun, otherwise you just keep whacking Bokoblins with rusty rubbish until they eventually keel over. 
    It seems like an annoying mechanic but one that is very important in the game as you don't power up your character, the world being totally open, you can in theory find a strong weapon and then OP the rest of the game if it doesn't break.  The Master Sword is the only one that doesn't but also has a recharge time meter.

I don't mind it, I just rotate between the Master Sword and other weapons.

It's a vital mechanic to balance the game and amazing how they manage to achieve that with this.
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2950
    edited June 2021
    Been playing some Forza Horizon on the Xbox X tonight.  Played previously on the Xbox one, and I can see a significant improvement in the way the light effects are working.  Looking forward to some true 4k games rather than enhanced ones.  Far Cry 6 might be the first one to land.

• Starting playing Miles Morales this morning on PS5, apart from Lego Marvel I'm not a superhero game person but this is very impressive and apparently a short game which will suit me.
    Starting playing Miles Morales this morning on PS5, apart from Lego Marvel I'm not a superhero game person but this is very impressive and apparently a short game which will suit me.
    Yeah, it's really good. Much better a tight story done well imo than something overly-long. 

I'm looking at you, Alien Isolation...
    Finally beat the first boss in Returnal!

I've not been this addicted to a game for a long time. Haven't even touched Ratchet and Clank since I downloaded it.

Feel free to add me on PSN (Farley_UK) or Xbox (FarleyUK).
  • MattharrierMattharrier Frets: 455
    Starting playing Miles Morales this morning on PS5, apart from Lego Marvel I'm not a superhero game person but this is very impressive and apparently a short game which will suit me.
    Yeah, it's really good. Much better a tight story done well imo than something overly-long. 

I'm looking at you, Alien Isolation...
    I started Alien Isolation the other day, and was thoroughly enjoying it at first. Then it came to the first real stealth section, at which point I kept getting shot to death because, as far as I can tell, the entire stealth mechanic comes down to "crouch and wait in the shadows until the dude with the gun sees you through a pillar and shoots you."

I'm playing it on the easiest difficulty, and either the game is ludicrously difficult, or I'm missing something (likely the latter). A massive open space with little cover and bright lights, and nowhere to run and hide to isn't my kind of stealth game, I prefer lots of underfloor tunnels! I'll keep going for a bit, but I think I'll be leaving this one.

It is making me want to play Bioshock and Dead Space again though!
    @Mattharrier Yeah, it's pretty brutal. The whole point is you have very limited hiding places and the only way to move between them is in the open - makes the tension much higher.

Otherwise you might as well just be Batman :D 

FarleyUK said:
    Finally beat the first boss in Returnal!

I've not been this addicted to a game for a long time. Haven't even touched Ratchet and Clank since I downloaded it.

Feel free to add me on PSN (Farley_UK) or Xbox (FarleyUK).
    Just beat the second boss without dying at all - still on the same run after defeating the first boss!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7418
    In Dead Space I got to this room that sealed you inside, and all these pale spider type things come at you. I only had one save file and it auto saved me sealed inside that room with barely any health  :/
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom