Little inaccuracies that ruin in a film...

What's Hot
fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24342
We've all seen them.
Sunglasses in Django Unchained
Certain model Gibsons that didn't exist at the time in Back to the Future...

but the very best nerdy one I've seen...

17reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    Night Arrows!!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1755
    Too much spare time on hands thread... ;-)
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Tokyo Sex Whale?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • pigfacepigface Frets: 213
    Tokyo Sex Whale?
    I guess after South African struggle figure "Tokyo" Sexwale.
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    pigface said:
    Tokyo Sex Whale?
    I guess after South African struggle figure "Tokyo" Sexwale.
    Everyday’s a school day
  • phil_bphil_b Frets: 2010
    HBO Responds to Coffee Cup Scene in Last Nights Game of Thrones

coffee cup of the north

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8714
    Martian winds which are strong enough to blow things over
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72409
    The helicopter at the end of the battle in Full Metal Jacket is a British Westland Wessex and not the similar Sikorsky H-34 - it has a large turbine exhaust tube on the side, whereas the H-34 was piston-engined. Later, when they're supposedly flying in it, the shadow on the ground is of a Bell Jet Ranger.

[/Aviation geek]

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    Little inaccuracies like that in the film U-571? Such as Americans taking centre stage in capturing a German Enigma machine, when in reality it was the British who did so? And this was before the Americans had even entered the war. What an insult to the British war effort.

It's what irks me about a number of American films - that they invariably re-invent history at the expense of us Brits.

Oh, and in real life it wasn't U-571, it was U-110. And somewhere along the line, the Poles were involved. Not that you'd know by watching the film.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Scotty55Scotty55 Frets: 93
    fandango said:
    Little inaccuracies like that in the film U-571? Such as Americans taking centre stage in capturing a German Enigma machine, when in reality it was the British who did so? And this was before the Americans had even entered the war. What an insult to the British war effort.

It's what irks me about a number of American films - that they invariably re-invent history at the expense of us Brits.

Oh, and in real life it wasn't U-571, it was U-110. And somewhere along the line, the Poles were involved. Not that you'd know by watching the film.
    I believe that the Poles gave Britain an Enigma machine before the war and we shoved it in a basement and forgot about it. Could be wrong, though.
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15513
    ICBM said:
    The helicopter at the end of the battle in Full Metal Jacket is a British Westland Wessex and not the similar Sikorsky H-34 - it has a large turbine exhaust tube on the side, whereas the H-34 was piston-engined. Later, when they're supposedly flying in it, the shadow on the ground is of a Bell Jet Ranger.

[/Aviation geek]
    one of the things that gets me about some Kubrick films is they were set in the US but filmed in the UK. So the 1st part of FMJ was filmed at Bassingbourne barracks in Herts, if you look when they're running around, the road markings are wrong. Same with Eyes Wide Shut. 

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11306
    There was that biopic about Hendrix that had him on his knees whilst magically using his wah-wah.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    The remake of Dunkirk, might as well have been a Disney film, utter garbage 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    The OP just trying to fill the grumpy old man void left by the temporary ban of EmpFab.

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6391
    Alien mothership in Independence Day just happened to use TCP/IP as a networking protocol
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7109
    I'm going to keep saying it and people are going to keep coming up with lame excuses for it, but he cannot put that poster back over the tunnel once he's escaped in the Shawshank Redemption.
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4920
    The OP just trying to fill the grumpy old man void left by the temporary ban of EmpFab.

Yeah, Free the Swansea One!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14452
    Scotty55 said:
    fandango said:
    the Poles were involved. Not that you'd know by watching the film.
    I believe that the Poles gave Britain an Enigma machine before the war and we shoved it in a basement and forgot about it. 
    According to the Sebag-Montefiori book on the subject, the machine that was captured near the beginning of the Second World War had one encoding wheel fewer than the machines used throughout most of the war.

Polish resistance was involved in purloining the German coding wheel permutation books.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14452
    Nitefly said:
    the Swansea One!
    In Twin Town, Swansea is erroneously described as “pretty, shitty city”. This is only 66.67% accurate. ;)
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    Just about any film with motorcycle chases where the engine sound seems to swap between a two stroke  to an inline 4 stroke when the bike is actually just a single cylinder!
    Tomorrow will be a good day.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom