Little inaccuracies that ruin in a film...

What's Hot

Comments

• phil_bphil_b Frets: 2010
    edited April 2020
    zepp76 said:
    Just about any film with motorcycle chases where the engine sound seems to swap between a two stroke  to an inline 4 stroke when the bike is actually just a single cylinder!

On Airplane the flying shots had a propeller engine sound but it was a jet. this was a very subtle joke. but it always makes me smile

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    sweepy said:
    The remake of Dunkirk, might as well have been a Disney film, utter garbage 
    Even though I expected to hate it before I even watched it, I didn't mind that film too much to be honest (once I figured out the time frame malarkey); it tried - and I ignore `that bit with Tom Hardy's Amazing Long-Last Gliding Spitfire.

The that really had me raging was when the chaps arrive back in Blighty and they get onto the train and sit in what is obviously a post-war, British Rail carriage with modern upholstery. The sort of carriage I have travelled in many times without ever having evaded The Hun. Shameful inattention to detail, shameful!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137

Wait, EmpFab has been banned? Seriously?

• NeilNeil Frets: 3639
    VimFuego said:
    ICBM said:
    The helicopter at the end of the battle in Full Metal Jacket is a British Westland Wessex and not the similar Sikorsky H-34 - it has a large turbine exhaust tube on the side, whereas the H-34 was piston-engined. Later, when they're supposedly flying in it, the shadow on the ground is of a Bell Jet Ranger.

[/Aviation geek]
    one of the things that gets me about some Kubrick films is they were set in the US but filmed in the UK. So the 1st part of FMJ was filmed at Bassingbourne barracks in Herts, if you look when they're running around, the road markings are wrong. Same with Eyes Wide Shut. 
    And the big battle at the end of FMJ was at the derelict Beckton gas works in East London!

Kubrick liked living and filming in England.
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    Not so much an inaccuracy, more of a gaping hole in the story...

raiders of the lost ark... Indiana Jones has no role in the outcome of the story... if he wasn’t in it the film would have ended with the exact same outcome!... 

the nazis would have still found the ark, opened it and all died... exactly as they did!!!!!
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12421

He’s in the cooler for inappropriate comments. He’ll be back. 
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2442
    Too much spare time on hands thread... ;-)
    The OP just trying to fill the grumpy old man void left by the temporary ban of EmpFab.

Thank God. Was becoming the Emp & Drew show around here for the past few weeks.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18980
    poopot said:

raiders of the lost ark... Indiana Jones has no role in the outcome of the story... if he wasn’t in it the film would have ended with the exact same outcome!... 

the nazis would have still found the ark, opened it and all died... exactly as they did!!!!!
    Not forgetting the reflections in the glass separating Harrison Ford from the cobra...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6398
    poopot said:

You are Amy Farrah-Fowler and ICM£5

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16301
    Jalapeno said:
    poopot said:

You are Amy Farrah-Fowler and ICM£5

Wiz-LOL of the day. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • StuckfastStuckfast Frets: 2427
    In Star Wars episode 7, whatever it was called... people on one planet watch the destruction of another solar system by the death-moon-thing in real time.

In reality the light would have taken years to reach them.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11470
    poopot said:

Did you come up with that by yourself, or did you watch the Big Bang Theory?

Not a historical inaccuracy, but there are various bits in the Lord of the Rings films that are not true to the book.  Really annoys me.
  • the_jaffathe_jaffa Frets: 1808
    When Thomas Crown folds the framed Monet into a briefcase during the heist then gets it out unharmed once home. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15620
    Neil said:
    VimFuego said:
    ICBM said:
    The helicopter at the end of the battle in Full Metal Jacket is a British Westland Wessex and not the similar Sikorsky H-34 - it has a large turbine exhaust tube on the side, whereas the H-34 was piston-engined. Later, when they're supposedly flying in it, the shadow on the ground is of a Bell Jet Ranger.

[/Aviation geek]
    one of the things that gets me about some Kubrick films is they were set in the US but filmed in the UK. So the 1st part of FMJ was filmed at Bassingbourne barracks in Herts, if you look when they're running around, the road markings are wrong. Same with Eyes Wide Shut. 
    And the big battle at the end of FMJ was at the derelict Beckton gas works in East London!

Kubrick liked living and filming in England.
    mrs f went to the same school as his daughters, went to his house for parties a couple of times.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72620
    Stuckfast said:
    In Star Wars episode 7, whatever it was called... people on one planet watch the destruction of another solar system by the death-moon-thing in real time.

If that was the only wrong-physics inaccuracy in a Star Wars movie, you'd be doing very well indeed :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11470
    ICBM said:
    Stuckfast said:

If that was the only wrong-physics inaccuracy in a Star Wars movie, you'd be doing very well indeed :).

When I used to teach Physics I used to show the class the Death Star explosion and ask them what was wrong with it?  (The fact that you can hear it through a vacuum if you want to know).
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • the_jaffathe_jaffa Frets: 1808
    crunchman said:
    ICBM said:
    Stuckfast said:

When I used to teach Physics I used to show the class the Death Star explosion and ask them what was wrong with it?  (The fact that you can hear it through a vacuum if you want to know).
    The way the craft fly during a dogfight, as if they have wings and there is air resistance is another classic physics fail
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    Having the wrong tanks also irritates me.  Plenty of old war films are ruined by having 50s and 60s American tanks instead of panzers, tigers and Sherman’s.   Eg battle of the bulge.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2442
    the_jaffa said:
    crunchman said:
    ICBM said:
    Stuckfast said:

The way the craft fly during a dogfight, as if they have wings and there is air resistance is another classic physics fail
    And fire in space...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    boogieman said:

He’s in the cooler for inappropriate comments. He’ll be back. 

Splendid!

Inappropriate comments are the main reason for me visiting FB...

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom