Little inaccuracies that ruin in a film...

What's Hot

Comments

• Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10534
    Neil said:
    VimFuego said:
    ICBM said:
    The helicopter at the end of the battle in Full Metal Jacket is a British Westland Wessex and not the similar Sikorsky H-34 - it has a large turbine exhaust tube on the side, whereas the H-34 was piston-engined. Later, when they're supposedly flying in it, the shadow on the ground is of a Bell Jet Ranger.

[/Aviation geek]
    one of the things that gets me about some Kubrick films is they were set in the US but filmed in the UK. So the 1st part of FMJ was filmed at Bassingbourne barracks in Herts, if you look when they're running around, the road markings are wrong. Same with Eyes Wide Shut. 
    And the big battle at the end of FMJ was at the derelict Beckton gas works in East London!

Kubrick liked living and filming in England.
    I thought it was more that Kubrick was terrified of flying?
    I think he probably was, being as he went to the NY awards show by boat .... he did have a pilots licence though although it would have expired with no airtime 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    Okay ... okay .... the fighting skills of James Bond leave me gasping. There are times he fights like he's a 6 year old, and beats off a whole deportment of baddies. Then when he's really switched on and fit, he's knocked out by a simple punch where he could have made a cup of tea in the time it took to land. The inaccuracy stems more from an inconsistency in the apparent skills of Britain's foremost (fictional) spy, then any blunder about coffee cups or before-their-time aircraft/uniforms.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3109
    The gaping continuity errors in The Song Remains The Same's live sequences..stage depth, mullets, wigs, Bonzo's extra bulk, audio sync problems as well as shots with no audience present.

It's a dogs din dins but I love it.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3087
    edited April 2020
    Potential spoiler alert....

If you want ridiculous-ness, have a watch of Gangs Of London where two dozen Danish mercenaries/paramilitaries  attack a welsh country pub and farmhouse, which is defended by a buck-toothed, cockney witch, who just happens to manufacture large calibre ammunition in her basement. 
  • KalimnaKalimna Frets: 1550
    poopot said:
    Not so much an inaccuracy, more of a gaping hole in the story...

raiders of the lost ark... Indiana Jones has no role in the outcome of the story... if he wasn’t in it the film would have ended with the exact same outcome!... 

the nazis would have still found the ark, opened it and all died... exactly as they did!!!!!

I'll take slight issue with that. Without Indy, the Nazi's perhaps wouldn't have found the Ark as they didn't have the correct length staff in the map room - just the scarred portion on creepy-Nazi's hand and not the 'Take back one khaddam to honour the Hebrew god who's Ark this is'....

But either way, doesn't stop it from being a spectacularly great piece of entertainment :)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4679
    Kalimna said:
    poopot said:

raiders of the lost ark... Indiana Jones has no role in the outcome of the story... if he wasn’t in it the film would have ended with the exact same outcome!... 

the nazis would have still found the ark, opened it and all died... exactly as they did!!!!!

I'll take slight issue with that. Without Indy, the Nazi's perhaps wouldn't have found the Ark as they didn't have the correct length staff in the map room - just the scarred portion on creepy-Nazi's hand and not the 'Take back one khaddam to honour the Hebrew god who's Ark this is'....

But either way, doesn't stop it from being a spectacularly great piece of entertainment :)

If Indy doesn't start the fight in the bar, the Nazis come away with the actual headpiece.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

Kalimna said:
    poopot said:

If Indy doesn't start the fight in the bar, the Nazis come away with the actual headpiece.

Bugger. forgot about that.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fobfob Frets: 1431
    edited May 2020
    It always bothered me in Home Alone that when Kevin was carrying all his shopping home the bags clearly have no weight to them - then the shopping splits the bags and falls to the floor.
  • In Hostel, I noticed a clock shot forward several hours during a torture scene that was only minutes long. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    In Around the World in 80 days Phileas Fog doesn't fall off the edge of the flat earth. 
    But he did fall off in “across the world in 80 days”
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31123
    1. Helicopter in Where Eagles Dare.
    2. Intercity 125 going past Jimmy's house in Quadrophenia
    3. Any Bourne film where the CIA refuse to first search Berlin when looking for Jason Bourne.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • gilbygilby Frets: 176
    The power cables on the ground in Beowulf and Grendel when they enter grendels cave amuses me. Also during the chase scene in the hospital/asylum towards the end of The Frighteners where the shadow of the camera is quite obvious.
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    fob said:
    It always bothered me in Home Alone that when Kevin was carrying all his shopping home the bags clearly have no weight to them - then the shopping splits the bags and falls to the floor.
    And it’s always bothered me about timings. How the feck does Kevin have the time to potter off shopping, when he knows full well Joe Pesci and his sidekick will be trying their luck at 9pm. It seems like Kevin only has minutes to rig all the traps, because he gets back ihome in the drk after that shopping trip.
  • ColsCols Frets: 7273
    Kalimna said:
    poopot said:

If Indy doesn’t go to Nepal, the Nazis don’t track him to Marion’s bar and never get within 1,000 miles of the headpiece.
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Were the Nazi’s tracking Indy at that point in the film?

I thought they just happened to turn up at the same time he was at Marion’s bar, both looking for her fathers headpiece?
  • ColsCols Frets: 7273

I thought they just happened to turn up at the same time he was at Marion’s bar, both looking for her fathers headpiece?
    Yep.  You see one of them behind him when boarding the flying boat to Nepal, reading Life magazine and playing Sinister Nazi Music.
    Cols said:

Yep.  You see one of them behind him when boarding the flying boat to Nepal, reading Life magazine and playing Sinister Nazi Music.
    Interesting tidbit. That Nazi in the plane was played by Dennis Muren, one of the special effects godfathers at ILM. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dennis_Muren

Adam
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Cols said:

Of course, I really should watch it again!
  • The Land Rover in the final seconds of Ice Cold in Alex.
    I'll get a round to buying a 'real' guitar one day.
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    The Land Rover in the final seconds of Ice Cold in Alex.

And there's a sleek 1950 Hudson behind Anthony Quayle's head as he's driven away.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!