Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

New Strymon Spacepedal tease and official release on Wednesday

What's Hot

Comments

• Do P&W gigs pay that well then over there?
    Some of those gigs are small arenas and people do make a living out of it. Over a third of people regularly attend church in the USA, that's 100 million or so people listening to live music every week. 

Yes, but often those are basically gigs by artists or bands, just on a different tour circuit. It's not really all that different to mainstream pop or rock music over here, just that the songs say "Jesus" instead of "baby" (thanks Simpsons), and the support act might be a preacher.

The scene has its own favourite bands and even something like guitar heroes (try Stu G, Nigel Hendroff, Jeffrey Kunde...)

That said, there are some very big, very rich churches over there who, unlike any UK church I've ever heard of, actually employ musicians for genuine actual money.
    I’m sure a lot of it is an old lady with an organ or some bloke with an acoustic guitar getting his kumbayayahs out as well as the arena sized churches but as a regular place to play it’s a significant part of US music culture. I think even if you go to other countries such as Germany there is a large P&W/ Christian Rock market. I can certainly see why a manufacturer might target or at least bear that kind of market in mind. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1994
    Buying gear through the church is tax free too I presume 
  • I wonder what that PIC~COLLAGE knob does?
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SpringywheelSpringywheel Frets: 942
    edited September 2020
    Isn't this going to be another pedal for those who play that worship/church music stuff? Not exactly rock 'n roll.
    It’s not like reverb can’t be used in other genres as well...but yes the worship crowd are a major part of their target market. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SpringywheelSpringywheel Frets: 942
    edited September 2020
    Btw did eventide announce their black hole verb on the same day as strymon’s intended reveal? Because if so that’s some nice shithousery  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1994
    Isn't this going to be another pedal for those who play that worship/church music stuff? Not exactly rock 'n roll.
    It’s not like reverb can’t be used in other genres as well...but yes the worship crowd are a major part of their target market. 
    I am 100% just shit stirring :) 
  • Let's be honest, there are a tonne of genres that use heavy reverb - basically anything that isn't classic rock or white-boy blues. This looks like a very interesting reverb - very much a full-featured thing in a similar fashion to the Volante. From the front panel it's much more interesting than I was expecting.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Anyone wanting to find out more about the P&W scene should watch the Faith+1 episode of South Park
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

• Isn't this going to be another pedal for those who play that worship/church music stuff? Not exactly rock 'n roll.
    Have you heard any proggy metal in the last 10 years?
    I haven't. Nor do I think I ever will.
    That doesn't sound very rock 'n roll to me! ;)

Bye!

• I wonder what that PIC~COLLAGE knob does?
    hahaha took me a while....
    How very rock and roll
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11452

Have you heard any proggy metal in the last 10 years?
    I haven't. Nor do I think I ever will.

I wonder what would happen if @idiotwindow ever came across Neal Morse?

Prog and Christian together would probably finish him off.
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10237
    edited September 2020
    Probably sounds great, but it's ultimately another pedal that people buy because it looks cool and then don't know what to do with it, so they use a little bit of shimmer that they've spent all rehearsal on their knees twiddling to get while the rest of the band wish they could replace them for someone who plugs in and is ready to go. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • sgosden said:
    What a total flop of a reveal D
    I do feel a little bit sorry for Strymon - leaks like that have got to be super-frustrating for the whole team. But really they brought it on themselves with this ridiculously long-drawn-out teaser period. It would have been much cooler if they had just released it out of the blue.

• Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Oi Jef!! Oi Jef!!!

Bye!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

• stonevibe said:
    I reckon the 8 buttons will be step selectors for the sequencer. Select a step. Change parameters. Select another step. Change parameters again. Then when you play the sequence, it'll automate those parameters.

That's my educated but still dumb guess anyway.

Bye!

• I will have no use for this arty farty nonsense, I no longer gaze at my shoes, am no longer looking for God and don't play 9 minute quiet/loud/quiet/loud metal songs while looking extremely serious and menacing with a beard, piercings and tattoos:

https://youtu.be/CKRCvWxi-WY

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13941
    edited September 2020
    It's makes noises like the sound effects section of a GM midi keyboard that you always ended up playing when you were a kid in the music shop, like the siren, dog barking, door slamming, car tyre squealing etc.

Fun for about 30 seconds.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom