Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

New Strymon Spacepedal tease and official release on Wednesday

What's Hot
12345679»

Comments

• Wow, there are a lot of old boring men on here.
    Oi!! I'm young and boring I'll have you know!
    Young for this forum demographic maybe
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

He says about a pedal that does shimmer reverb, an effect that was cutting edge in the 1980s, and has been a mainstay of guitar pedals for well over a decade.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

He says about a pedal that does shimmer reverb, an effect that was cutting edge in the 1980s, and has been a mainstay of guitar pedals for well over a decade.
    To be fair, it does a shit-ton more than just shimmer.
  • I mean, I quite like big silly ambient reverby things, but it seems to me that this sort of thing would be much better done in plugins. Is the market for this sound in a pedal format really that big? *shrug*
  •     BintyTwanger77 said:
    Wow, there are a lot of old boring men on here.

Why be observant when you can be instantly dismissive?
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10237
    Hattigol said:
    Do P&W gigs pay that well then over there?
    Some of those gigs are small arenas and people do make a living out of it. Over a third of people regularly attend church in the USA, that's 100 million or so people listening to live music every week. 
    Is selling your soul to God better or worse than selling it to the devil?
    Worse. Much fucking worse. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

• I like it, would be great for experimental, soundtracks, ambient, sound creators etc.  Also, not just for guitarists, keys would sound great too, I’d like to hear it with a Rhodes.  

Ultimately overkill if you want bread and butter reverbs, or even out there reverbs pre selected for you, but if you want something pretty unique and interactive then it could be something to open doors for new sonic territory.  Yes there is overlap with other great pedals but this is a pretty specific feature set.

Me, I have a Stomp and Flint, I could easily find a use for this but it would be a luxury and not needed buy, I’d go for other things for the price, but if I had a studio or just more time to experiment and the funds then why not!

Says the guy who called an entire forum "boring old men" for not wanking themselves sore over a £500 reverb pedal?

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I like some of their pedals but the sounds from this are not for me. They sound extremely artificial and 'odd'... Kinda cold. 
  • SpringywheelSpringywheel Frets: 942
    edited September 2020
    Tbh I think it sounds cool - but personally when it comes to reverb i tend to avoid pedals and instead use decent plugins like Valhalla Room, Blackhole or Aether.  I find in the context of a mix they can sound just as good. 

Says the guy who called an entire forum "boring old men" for not wanking themselves sore over a £500 reverb pedal?
    Thats not entirely correct now is it?

You seem quite keen to have an argument. I frankly can't be bothered fella. If you feel that aggrieved be a big boy and send me an IM.
  • So, if I understand this thread correctly, i’m looking at paying a shade over £400 on a pedal  whose capabilities can be equalled via plugins at a tenth of that cost, however (and this is a big plus-point) the same pedal may also be capable of starting a fight in a church.

Pre-ordered.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jonathanthomas83Jonathanthomas83 Frets: 3471
    edited September 2020
    Please let me know what plugins do this, I'd love to know, as a big plugin user. Edit: looks like Aether...very cool!
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • Please let me know what plugins do this, I'd love to know, as a big plugin user. Edit: looks like Aether...very cool!
    I bought Aether when it came out in 2009, wow I forgot I still had it. Must go and download it again.

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

• Please let me know what plugins do this, I'd love to know, as a big plugin user. Edit: looks like Aether...very cool!
    There’s Adaptiverb as well but it’s a real bastard to your CPU, even on a high end system. 

LMAO.

Bye!

• Y'know what, I don't recall a thread ever containing so many people who would rather use a plugin than a pedal.

Maybe the winds are a'changin' ??

Bye!

• GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3576
    I'd gotten used to the parity between prices in USD and GBP; however, this is £439 Vs $429. 

• GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3576
    We only need three of these in circulation: one for Eivind Aarset to astonish us with, one for Fennesz to confuse us with, and one for that living room demo guy to play typical guitar licks through, pointlessly. 

Sounds pretty but life is short and there's practice to do.