Boss Tonebender pre order through Macaris

What's Hot

Comments

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11877
    I think I am used to Amazon and their efficient packaging, sure, sometimes it over the top but it always turn up perfect.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • wingo84wingo84 Frets: 42
    JodyJames said:
    JodyJames said:
    Mine was delivered to my neighbour while I was at work today, just picked it up and about to fire it up with my headphone setup to keep the toddler asleep.

Dear me… I forgot just how few fecks Andertons give about you once they have your money. I’d have been embarrassed to post a Joyo pedal in such a poorly packaged state, leaving aside the high retail price of the item and its hot ticket status. The box is pretty bashed up so I’m glad I’m not looking to flip it. Not the first time, so they’ll be getting a bye-bye email from me.
    That's not good...Mine has gone back to be redelivered on Monday!
    It came rattling in an unfastened cardboard book-wrap within a plastic shipping bag. The adhesive from the closure on the cardboard was stuck fast to the Boss box, had to take some time and care to prevent further damage getting it off. I hope yours fares better!

I imagine they figure no one will return these short of extreme damage, so why bother doing a decent job? Well, I’ve spent a good few thousand there over the last five years or so, and they’ve just had the last of it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 
    Definitely complain, a limited item like this which a lot of people will pay just to display… it’s not on. 

My pedal got sent to wrong depot with DPD Local and has been in shipping since Wednesday … I hope it’s survived the journey. 
  • Vintage-TVintage-T Frets: 405
    Andertons lately seem to have shifted from a shed load of bubble wrap inside a dpd bag to a crap bit of cardboard inside a dpd bag, not the best, most thing experience a bit of flattening.

The delivery from Macaris was perfect, a box only slightly bigger than the boss box and some tissue paper wrap. Arrived in pristine condition.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2326
    Vintage-T said:
    Andertons lately seem to have shifted from a shed load of bubble wrap inside a dpd bag to a crap bit of cardboard inside a dpd bag, not the best, most thing experience a bit of flattening.

The delivery from Macaris was perfect, a box only slightly bigger than the boss box and some tissue paper wrap. Arrived in pristine condition.
    They know the value of it... And how to be a professional store. 
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6062
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18777
    JezWynd said:
    Twats will always out  :s
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12329
    Just got mine this morning, serial no. 152,345. Hmmm, something not quite right here. 
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • smudge_ladsmudge_lad Frets: 666
    Andertons delivery through DPD arrived..

I was VERY worried.

But miracles do happen.  How that has no damage at all is a miracle.

I also have the highest serial number i think.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • smudge_ladsmudge_lad Frets: 666
    That is pretty poor from Andertons, but glad it hasn’t been damaged
    I saw a tear down on this pedal and there is a 9v battery under the footswitch, does it need to be in place for ti to work or can I remove it?  I hate to have a battery there, forget and it starts to leak a couple years from now.
  • mrn1989mrn1989 Frets: 240
    edited June 2021
    I saw a tear down on this pedal and there is a 9v battery under the footswitch, does it need to be in place for ti to work or can I remove it?  I hate to have a battery there, forget and it starts to leak a couple years from now.
    You can remove the battery and power via a 9v DC Centre Negative power supply if you prefer, the battery doesn't haveto stay in place
    Fretboard Feedback https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58705/  ALSO Over 500+ 100% feedback eBay transactions 
    edited June 2021
    mrn1989 said:
    You can remove the battery and power via a 9v DC Centre Negative power supply if you prefer, the battery doesn't haveto stay in place
    Which screw do I undo to take it out?  The single one and the bottom at the end?
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5423
    edited June 2021
    mrn1989 said:
    Which screw do I undo to take it out?  The single one and the bottom at the end?
    If it's like every other compact Boss pedal ever made it will just be the silver one at the front - unscrew that and the cover pops up.
    Whitecat said:
    mrn1989 said:
    If it's like every other compact Boss pedal ever made it will just be the silver one at the front - unscrew that and the cover pops up.
    It's my first ever Boss pedal lol
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MrSwansonMrSwanson Frets: 455
    Assuming they're all amazing, but if there's any non scalping sales I'm all ears ;-)
    View my trading feedback here: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58681/
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6062
    MrSwanson said:
    Assuming they're all amazing, but if there's any non scalping sales I'm all ears ;-)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited June 2021
    MrSwanson said:
    I would watch Reverb like a hawk in the following month.  This is when people who just bought it, some to flip, you might find one who just want to move it on for marginally below other flippers just to move it along.

If I see one for around £500 I would get it, don't bother will low ball offer, just go for it.
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    I'm guessing it will be hard to get an honest review of these from any buyers. Nobody owning a pedal worth potentially three times (more?) what they paid for it is going to be bonkers enough to say 'meeeh...it's pretty average'...
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • MrSwansonMrSwanson Frets: 455
    MrSwanson said:
    I would watch Reverb like a hawk in the following month.  This is when people who just bought it, some to flip, you might find one who just want to move it on for marginally below other flippers just to move it along.

If I see one for around £500 I would get it, don't bother will low ball offer, just go for it.
    This looks legit....

https://bit.ly/3hgF710
    View my trading feedback here: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58681/