Boss Tonebender pre order through Macaris

What's Hot

Comments

• WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5445
    HoraceB said:
    This could be interesting, at time of writing bid is £380 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/373648107725

Wow! I wasn't expecting such a long link!
    FTFY.

Went for £510 in the end. Significantly less than the last one but maybe not the greatest idea to have an auction ending at 12.47pm on a Friday...
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11898
    Damn i forgot about that.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MrSwansonMrSwanson Frets: 457
    I may have had a cheeky bid on that.

There's a few chancers "Oh I preordered two my mistake and now I'm reluctantly flipping it for a 200% profit..."
    View my trading feedback here: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58681/
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I think they might be starting to come down to realistic prices, although I still think £510 is much too high. I bet we will see quite a few more scalpers attempting to cash out in the next few weeks.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72540
    I think the difference between this pedal and a Klon will be that it is a bit more niche.
    The key difference is that the Boss sounds good .

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MtBMtB Frets: 922
    I'm intrigued by how many people have bought these boss tonebenders and then not opened the box. Apparently.  
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MtB said:
    I'm intrigued by how many people have bought these boss tonebenders and then not opened the box. Apparently.  
    This is easily explained by the fact that all of them accidentally bought two, and are only selling the extra to feed their starving children.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30301
    MtB said:
    Well, I accidentally bought 12 of them.
    I can't think how I could've made such a mistake.
  • BeardedRainbowBeardedRainbow Frets: 18
    edited August 2021
    I was lucky enough to buy a new one for a very good price and all joking aside, this is an amazing pedal. I am a devoted fuzz fan and have tried all sorts of quality pedals, but the TB-2w has something special to it; they nailed every single aspect of it. Boss created something that pays respect to the ground-breaking original design whilst still managing to cram in their own innovations. English innovation meets Japanese innovation.

The amount of gain on tap, the lack of noise even at full tilt with a strat, the form factor, the added options, and even the mojo are spot on. I didn't think that the optional buffer would be of any use because of the way buffers interfere with performance when used with most old-fashioned fuzz pedals, but the buffer is excellent and seems to be output-only. The variablevoltage is great fun. Running the pedal at 7 volts is brilliant, but it was the 12-volt option that surprised me. 

All in all, I think even at the inflated prices, for £600-650 this is a brilliant pedal worth that price. Moreover, if you are a fan of fuzz and of Boss I may even go as far as calling it a fleeting bargain. Those who pay that or maybe even slightly more are not likely to feel any remorse for doing so.

It has been a landmark year for Macari's for good and bad reasons. After more than half a century of trading in London and creating some of the most influential objects in the history of modern music they were forced to close shop where generations of musicians going back to the Beatles could visit and experience their shop, which had come to be seen by some as a pilgrimage site for guitar players. The flip side to the bad and silver lining is this collaboration with their old rival company that forced the Sola Sound and Colorsound brands out of the market. I see the Boss Tone Bender as a handshake through time and for that I think it has value beyond its practical use. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    There is one on reverb in the UK for £600, and they accept offer!  I would try and put a cheeky bid in, it's been up for about a week and not sold.

https://reverb.com/uk/item/43086897-boss-tb-2w-tone-bender-waza-craft

• wellsyboywellsyboy Frets: 453
    There is one on reverb in the UK for £600, and they accept offer!  I would try and put a cheeky bid in, it's been up for about a week and not sold.

All the reverb ones in the uk are over £1000 all but one which is a bargain at £850 - FFS
    wellsyboy said:

All the reverb ones in the uk are over £1000 all but one which is a bargain at £850 - FFS
    Looks like that is the lowest so far.
  • So is it the holy grail? 
    So is it the holy grail? 
    Far from it, unless you collect Boss Pedals.
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6731
    So is it the holy grail? 
    That's EHX mate.
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stevrossthepipestevrossthepipe Frets: 139
    edited August 2021
    If I was going to spend £600 I would probably go for a handmade uber DAM/  PigDog Electric Eye creation. The Boss is undeniably excellent and the modern  ish form and feature are welcomed.

Did anybody else get Ant and Steve to sign the box in a nice silver pen just so rad they offered to do it also came with a lovely little hand side note from Ant. Would have to be hard times for me to shift it and there are 100 things that would go before it. 
  • So, one year on - do we think these are remotely worth the £600+ that people are asking? Are they the 'next' Klon, KoT, etc...?
    So, one year on - do we think these are remotely worth the £600+ that people are asking? Are they the 'next' Klon, KoT, etc...?
    For £600?

As a functional fuzz. No.

As a collector's item, Yes.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • wingo84wingo84 Frets: 42
    So, one year on - do we think these are remotely worth the £600+ that people are asking? Are they the 'next' Klon, KoT, etc...?
    I kept mine. Was on my board for about 7 months or so but rarely used it. Just never sat right. 

It’s now off the board with no real desire to use it at the moment … but also no desire to sell it. 

Worth £600? More for its limited availability and significance rather than its sound I’d say 
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7811
    If I was going to spend £600…
    It would most definitely not be on a fuzz!