Football - Euro 2020 Championship

What's Hot

Comments

• fobfob Frets: 1431
    AlbertC said:
    mrkb said:

Clive Tyldesley is a Pillock. 
    Perhaps he had a pillow over his head during the game to avoid having to listen to Ally Mccoists drivel.
    I can't stand Tyldesley either. He seems to spend the whole game trying to impress by regurgitating (too loudly) an endless catalogue of dull facts and statistics.

Actually I don't mind Ally McCoist - he makes some quite amusing dry comments every so often.

As for the rest of ITV's pundits......give me Lineker and co any time

Wow! Really surprised by this. I enjoy Tyldesley and McCoist, unlike the 'dream team' of Sam Whatshisface and Lee Dixon. Lead ITV commentator Whatishisface always sounds like they dragged in a continuity announcer, gave him a list of the players and said 'see if you can follow the game'. Dixon just sounds like he resents being there. I don't understand how they have jobs at all, nevermind the lead roles.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • kaypeejaykaypeejay Frets: 784
    Wales looked like a different team to the game against Switzerland. I am well chuffed after the 2nd goal and am now in my 5th pint in celebration. Let’s hope we can qualify based on that as I can’t see us getting anything from the Italy match. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 10016
    I normally tend to pick a "plucky underdog" type small team to follow at the beginning of tournaments because I can't support England. I tend to leave it until it's just starting and get a feel for the lesser known teams and then go with it. Then support whoever knocks them out and repeat until the final, so that way I have a team to support throughout even if it's not the same team.

I had picked Austria because I lived there for a while and usually they are awful, they had a good result albeit only against Macedonia. Hopefully they get a point against Ukraine which might see them through, that would be great.

But should I really have picked Wales instead? It's good to see them doing well, as they have the right crop of players at the moment and it's good to see them make use of it. Great result today
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • I normally tend to pick a "plucky underdog" type small team to follow at the beginning of tournaments because I can't support England. I tend to leave it until it's just starting and get a feel for the lesser known teams and then go with it. Then support whoever knocks them out and repeat until the final, so that way I have a team to support throughout even if it's not the same team.

I had picked Austria because I lived there for a while and usually they are awful, they had a good result albeit only against Macedonia. Hopefully they get a point against Ukraine which might see them through, that would be great.

But should I really have picked Wales instead? It's good to see them doing well, as they have the right crop of players at the moment and it's good to see them make use of it. Great result today
    Wales got to the semifinals in 2016...reckon we might have moved out of the small plucky underdog bracket by now ;) 

Incredible performance from every player. Total fucking heroes. Mentality monsters, as Klopp likes to say. Rambo and Bale just wow. Legendary performance. The beer’s tasting good right now! 
    I normally tend to pick a "plucky underdog" type small team to follow at the beginning of tournaments because I can't support England. I tend to leave it until it's just starting and get a feel for the lesser known teams and then go with it. Then support whoever knocks them out and repeat until the final, so that way I have a team to support throughout even if it's not the same team.

Wales got to the semifinals in 2016...reckon we might have moved out of the small plucky underdog bracket by now ;) 

Incredible performance from every player. Total fucking heroes. Mentality monsters, as Klopp likes to say. Rambo and Bale just wow. Legendary performance. The beer’s tasting good right now! 
    Sorry yes I didn't mean that disrespectfully! I just meant not one of the heavyweights, Wales are clearly a level above at least from my current choice of underdog team, Austria!
  • MagicPigDetectiveMagicPigDetective Frets: 3056
    edited June 2021

Wales got to the semifinals in 2016...reckon we might have moved out of the small plucky underdog bracket by now  

Sorry yes I didn't mean that disrespectfully! I just meant not one of the heavyweights, Wales are clearly a level above at least from my current choice of underdog team, Austria!
    Austria played well the other night ..... David Alaba is an excellent player
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4218
    Italy looking sharp again, my favourite to win
  • BBBluesBBBlues Frets: 635
    sweepy said:
    They do look great, but when your star players are Xhaka and Shaqiri its not exactly decent opposition.  
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7834
    BBBlues said:
    sweepy said:
    They do look great, but when your star players are Xhaka and Shaqiri its not exactly decent opposition.  
    Shaqiri was a megastar in Switzerland when he played for Basel and he put in some wonderful performances. But outside of Switzerland his career has stalled somewhat. He still has moments of quality but he simply hasn't spent enough of his career playing.

Xhaka is considered an idiot, despite what the recent Bbc article says, the Swiss don't like him.

Breel Embolo is the current Swiss star, but he needs a good tournament to live up to expectation and early promise.

• munckeemunckee Frets: 12588
    Belgium Denmark was probably the best game so far. De Bruyne I would say is best player in the world at the moment. 

As much as I wish Scotland well for the tournament I’m hoping for a comfortable victory tonight, 2 or 3 nil. 

Steve Arnott from line of duty made me laugh on tv this morning saying he couldn’t go to the game as if Scotland won he would have to stay at wembley for the rest of his life. 
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2859
    I have a great fear of dread today... poss due to the weather 

Croatia to beat Czech
    Scotland to beat England

final round, 2 draws, England in 4th place on goal difference ....
    ;)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31150
    edited June 2021
    My interest in footie has increased dramatically since seeing the absolutely divinely gorgeous Kalvin Phillips.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31150

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7430
    8 winnings bets in a row in my value betting group, but we put on 10 pre tournament bets that are doing dreadful. They're all in the group chat like "ok so after these winners today, if Slovakia score no more goals, Denmark win their next match and Spain win their next 2, we might break even" haha.
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4640
    I'm not sure if you are aware, but, it's coming home!!!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RockerRocker Frets: 5032
    Scotland are not lying down, game could end up nill all. 
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11440
    England players seem to be under threat of a fine if they pass to Kane.

I can see Scotland running out of steam by 75 minutes. 
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4640
    The danger is Grealish coming on and him and Kane spending the rest of the game falling to the floor
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    I'm routing for the Scots to grab a late goal
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • rze99rze99 Frets: 2395
    Kane looked way way off it. What’s wrong? Right to take him off.