What films have you watched recently?

What's Hot

Comments

• Once upon a time in Hollywood 

LOVED IT  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Watched Frozen 2 recently. Magnificent.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12512
    I’d noticed Logan was on the TV last night which I didn’t see but had it on this evening on Play Movies. I did see it at the cinema and had fond memories of it.
    It’s a lot more slashy than I remember it and although it’s a simple road trip at heart it’s not as dumbed down or as CGI heavy as some of the Marvel universe films. Some fun and touching moments too. 
    I watched it today too. Good film. 

The choreography with the little girl fighting is brilliant.

Although they would have been improved by not having MrsTheWeary saying ‘it’s Lyra Belacqua’ every few minutes. 

There are some obvious CGI/ effects moments but there’s a lot of old fashioned throwing yourself about which I appreciate. 
    Watched it last night and enjoyed it too. (Well, most of it... our Virgin service was doing it’s usual “oh look it’s raining and it’s 10.30, let’s have a bit of a wobble. Pixelation, ready? GO! ”. It’s days are numbered  :p). Very slashy indeed and I wasn’t expecting that ending. My wife was very impressed that I spotted Lyra Belacqua straight away. Thanks for the previous heads up @EricTheWeary ; :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Up in Leeds to visit #1 son so we went to see Knives Out last night. Overall a fun couple of hours. The film obviously plays on all the Agatha Christie-type tropes of the murder mystery, but does so with a good heart, style, and humour. Helps that there is a great cast who enter into the spirit of it. If you are looking for a decent night out at the movies I would recommend it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30320
    Bought a DVD called Rancid Aluminium from my local charity shop.
    On the box it's described as "Probably the best British film of the year".
    All I can say is that must've been the most disastrous year in the history of British cinema. Absolutely appaling, a tragic waste of film stock.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12512
    Lego Batman movie. We’ve got my 94 year old mum and my mid 20s kids staying with us at the moment and trying to find something to please everyone is bloody difficult. This fitted the bill perfectly. Some really funny moments, think everyone enjoyed it. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HaychHaych Frets: 5786
    The Rise of Skywalker. 

Same as all the other star wars films. Indiana Jones and Fraggle Rock have a sci fi love child. 

Apparently the saga ends with this film. Please let it end. 

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3685
    Playmobil the movie, will be watching this after tea with the kids, trailers look good!
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
  • Watched 'The Lighthouse' last night. Very much enjoyed it in a disturbing way. Like Lynch doing a low budget version of The Shining  with scurvy sea-dogs. Recommended if you like the sound of that sort of thing. 
    Brilliant, Playmobil was really entertaining, much much better than the Lego films. 
  • The Irishman 

decent bit far too long 
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7734
    I thought 6 Underground was everything it purported to be - fun over the top stunt fest. If that sounds like your thing, get it watched 

We are 2/3 through The Irishman - it could go on forever as far as I’m concerned and I’d keep watching. A joy to see something paced for the characters and the scenes they find themselves in rather than some budget of screen seconds per story beat. Brilliant. 
    Red ones are better. 
  • Part of 6 Underground was filmed outside our office and apartment. Lots of 'splosions and cars doing slides. I'm looking forward to watching it, most likely whenever I'm next on a plane. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73054
    Behind The Candelabra

On TV last night - a Steven Soderbergh film about Liberace with Michael Douglas as him and Matt Damon as his young boyfriend.

A typical tale of youthful opportunism leading to excess and downfall, so no great surprises in the plot - although it seems to have been at least reasonably accurate - but really well-made and with some great acting, especially from Douglas who is amazingly convincing.

I missed the first 25 minutes but would probably watch it all again.

8/10

Still none the wiser as to why Liberace was so popular, successful and rich though!

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• ICBM said:
    Behind The Candelabra

On TV last night - a Steven Soderbergh film about Liberace with Michael Douglas as him and Matt Damon as his young boyfriend.

A typical tale of youthful opportunism leading to excess and downfall, so no great surprises in the plot - although it seems to have been at least reasonably accurate - but really well-made and with some great acting, especially from Douglas who is amazingly convincing.

8/10

Still none the wiser as to why Liberace was so popular, successful and rich though!
    Great film, very much my kind of movie. Although I'd agree on your final point, the last days of light entertainment I guess. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30320
    ICBM said:
    Behind The Candelabra

8/10

He was outrageous and flamboyant. Most people's idea of a star I suppose. Personally, the huge success of Kanye west and his wife has always puzzled me.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    The Aeronauts.  Brilliant, wish I could see it on a big screen.

• HaychHaych Frets: 5786
    I’ve recently been watching the Terminator films with the lad. 

T1, pretty awful
    T2, a lot better 
    T3, excellent
    T4, OK, not bad but not brilliant. 
    T5, not the best and the story is inconsistent with the previous films. 

Not seen T6 yet but will watch it as soon as it’s out somehow. It got good reviews so hoping for the best. 

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

• Pokemon Detective Pickachu. 

Oh it’s Christmas. Surprisingly watchable if a bit mental.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • drwiddlydrwiddly Frets: 918
    Watched It's A Wonderful Life this afternoon, well it is Christmas and it's a superb film.