What films have you watched recently?

What's Hot

Comments

• jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3871
    hootsmon;599695" said:
    watched MARTYRS cause MR claps said it was 'orriblewhat did I think?......it was 'orrible1st half like good ol' horror movie 2nd half...wow WTF?
    I fucking LOVE that film.

Try Switchblade Romance too. Them bitches. :)

Irreversible v good also.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • a million ways to die in the west

the departed
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 16314
    jd0272 said:
    hootsmon;599695" said:
    watched MARTYRS cause MR claps said it was 'orriblewhat did I think?......it was 'orrible1st half like good ol' horror movie 2nd half...wow WTF?
    I fucking LOVE that film.

Try Switchblade Romance too. Them bitches. :)

Irreversible v good also.
    oh when I say 'orrible I really mean heavy going......I likes me extreme cinema.....got switchblade and the audition an' shit
    tae be or not tae be
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    ICBM said:
    Home

Oh dear. It looked so promising in the trailer 
    I thought it looked terrible from the trailer.
    My V key is broken
    Magic Magic. Absolute fucking shite, with categorically one of THE worst endings EVER.

Yeah dude, Audition. First time I watched that on VHS, I had to pause it and lie stripped on me back on the bare wood floor. Proper 'whiteied' me out. The high pitch and the needles.

I was pissed mind.

VHS/2 is good tho. Currently in Sky On Demand.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74493
    holnrew said:
    ICBM said:
    Home

Oh dear. It looked so promising in the trailer 
    I thought it looked terrible from the trailer.
    I'm very used to seeing all the kids films though, and I've learned not to be too judgmental - often they're not great by adult standards, but fine for their target audience.

This one was just… not very good. I can't actually think of a worse animation from either Dreamworks or Pixar. Although perhaps as time goes on and it becomes harder to be original, I should have expected it sooner or later.

You can always tell a bad film when most of the semi-good bits were in the trailer, so if you didn't like that then don't bother! :)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12660
    The Diary of a wimpy kid movies are excellent family viewing, really funny
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2492
    edited April 2015
    Going Clear
    The 2 hr reveal all by high ranking ex members of The Church Of Scientology. Quite a revealing insight into what most people know or suspect, that the organisation is as weird as fuck and is essentially a big brainwashing moneymaking machine.
    It's hard to watch this and believe that seemingly intelligent people could be so easily duped, but they were and still are. By the end of it you sort of understand why. If even half of what some of the ex members say is true then I have no idea why this is allowed to continue.
    It may be the editing in parts but seeing Tom Cruise at some of their events is quite frankly disturbing. The blokes borderline insane.
    L Ron Hubbard imagined a world without insanity when the bloke was obviously insane himself
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

• BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1810
    Flink_Poyd;600276" said:
    Going Clear
    The 2 hr reveal all by high ranking ex members of The Church Of Scientology. Quite a revealing insight into what most people know or suspect, that the organisation is as weird as fuck and is essentially a big brainwashing moneymaking machine.
    It's hard to watch this and believe that seemingly intelligent people could be so easily duped, but they were and still are. By the end of it you sort of understand why. If even half of what some of the ex members say is true then I have no idea why this is allowed to continue.
    It may be the editing in parts but seeing Tom Cruise at some of their events is quite frankly disturbing. The blokes borderline insane.
    L Ron Hubbard imagined a world without insanity when the bloke was obviously insane himself
    I've seen it last week. It was truly shocking, but no different to all the sects I've seen/read materials of. It's crazy that CoS is registered as an official religion and church therefore they don't pay any tax and the billions they make goes straight to the pockets of the very few.
    Absolutely right about Tom Cruise. The birthday party seemed scary. He must know what's going on but totally blinded by success, feeding his ego and selfishness. I wonder if he'll turn against at some point, like the others before him. Travolta seems more likely to do so though.
    Just a couple hours before we've watched Going clear" we watched the documentary about those young British girls being recruited to IS and it was very similar in a way they were brainwashing the people's minds - for different reasons and purposes of course.
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1810
    Flink_Poyd;600276" said:
    If even half of what some of the ex members say is true then I have no idea why this is allowed to continue.
    That is because a lot of powerful and/or rich people are involved and some are connected to the church. And as You know...

... Cash rules everything around me...
  • FazerFazer Frets: 488
    edited April 2015
    jd0272 said:
    The Counsellor. Fucking hell, v good, v off kilter, watch it. Now.

which version?
    i saw the 'extended' version, apparently it has more of the sex talk, and more spraying blood.
    i could have lived without the extra sex talk from a creepy looking javier bardem, but the spraying blood was a bonus
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4714
    The Invention of Lying with R Gervais. The wife loved it and there were some good bits in there but mostley meh.
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31591
    boogieman said:
    I've never seen the Blues Brothers.

If that's the case how on earth did the Modmins approve your account?

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Fazer;600482" said:
    jd0272 said:

The Counsellor. Fucking hell, v good, v off kilter, watch it. Now.

which version?

i saw the 'extended' version, apparently it has more of the sex task, and more spraying blood.

i could have lived without the extra sex talk from a creepy looking javier bardem, but the spraying blood was a bonus
    Yeah extended. Had no intention of watching it, just put 'something' on to stop the Mrs whinging about whatever the fck it was she was whinging about.

Was pleasantly surprised.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74493
    This is why his best films are Interview With The Vampire, Magnolia and Collateral. He doesn't have to act much.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • FazerFazer Frets: 488
    this is a still from the going clear documentary - thats not a film set, but 'real' life

• ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    Interstellar. Too long but very well done. There were a couple of moments I found genuinely moving. Locke. I knew nothing about this prior and was glad I didn't. If I had known I probably wouldn't have bothered but it was brilliant.
  • Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2492
    Fazer;601901" said:
    this is a still from the going clear documentary - thats not a film set, but 'real' life
    Even betterer

Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

• ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2087
    edited April 2015
    Interstellar was great, I thought. Old school sci-fi with modern fx. 

Mrs Chuff and I watched Nightcrawler last night. Got bored after about an hour and gave up. Has fantastic reviews on IMDB but bored the nadgers off me.

Watched Good Vibrations last week - about Terry Hooley, the godfather of Belfast punk. Fantastic, although I'm biased given that I used to go to the shop and was at some of the gigs. Highly recommended, though. 
    We were gonna watch Nightcrawler tonight.

Praise TheFretBoard. :)

Now I've got to find something to watch. :(

Mind, I thought Interstellar was shite. Sorry.