Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The Book of Boba Fett - may contain spoilers

What's Hot

Comments

• munckeemunckee Frets: 12520
    I did think when Boba went off for reinforcements he was just going to fly in with Slave 1 and use the higher power weapons on the droids.

Can't beat air support for that sort of thing.

That being said - the Rancor / King Kong thing had me laughing in a good way. SW and indeed Lucas has always had a massive amount of hat tipping to other films and genres.

The baddies should have killed them all though based on the tactics used.

Why did the bad guys attack with all their men then think, hmm we’ve lost a lot why don’t we try those invincible droids we’ve got out the back. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • tanihhiavlttanihhiavlt Frets: 659
    edited February 2022
    I loved it. Gun fight, the duel, the rancour, the ending, the after credits... Thundercat reminded me of Kylo Ren but with a shorter lightsaber... (better basslines than Adam Driver though)

I think the Marshall will join the Rangers of the Republic, I also reckon the X-wing pilot will keep on collecting snippets of incredible good deeds that go back to Din Djarin. I also suspect the armourer will turn out to be someone from the Clone wars, who supported Darth Maul in his stint as ruler of Mandalore.

I think Boba will help establish Mandalore again - as Mandalore (name for the planet, the people and their ruler) will "rise again on the back of a mythosaur" (Boba's sigil) 

It is probably the biggest gunfight ever in star wars (as they cut the battle of Endor) a fair amount of plot armour and I like that the defending the city (Boba's idea) was more difficult than killing the gang bosses (Fennic's assessment of the situation - so he's becoming the sloppy boss he despised) 

There is also a lot of speculation that the episodes 5 and 6 were meant to be the first two episodes of The Mandalorian, introduced early to replace all the content put in by Kathleen Kennedy that was later approved to be removed by Disney execs.. It does seem the dispute around her input is disruptive - we might never know, I wish she'd just leave regardless of who's "at fault"

But, if you think about Din's arrival on Tattoine in 5 - we didn't need that much exposition and when Grogu arrives in 7 without Luke we don't need the context of the previous two episodes either - we don't even need to know he made a big choice...

Timelines: Favreau and Filoni showed they can interlace timelines between the series already - Fennic's recovery (flashbacks)  Boba Fett episode 4 is Mandalorian Episode 5 (season 1) - so this seems uncharacteristically clunky. Episodes 5 and 6 could have been intended for the Mandalorian and simply woven into Book of Boba. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2450
    At least we finally saw Boba be the bad-ass he was always meant to be!

Loved him and Mando takin on everyone, although all the good guys had massive plot-armour. Always frustrates me no end when the bad guys are ALWAYS terrible shots (including the big bloody droids). There's just no sense of danger.

It also seems the script writers must have been watching 6 year old me playing with my Star Wars toys; pretty sure I had Boba riding a rancor into a battle.....

Special shout-out for Grogu leaping into Din's arms. That little dude is cute beyond words.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4632
    edited February 2022
    That finale was so lame

The walls the city folk were hiding behind couldn't really be built out of anything stronger than sand yet the blasters left dents around just 10mm deep? 

I'm all for a bit of suspension of disbelief but I didn't believe that

Boba's ship hovering over the sarlaac entrance to look for his armour was the best bit of the series I'd say
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • DesVegas said:

Boba's ship hovering over the sarlaac entrance to look for his armour was the best bit if the series I'd say
    I think it's great we can both like a thing for such different reasons, I really struggled with the Sarlaac pit - I won't go into why.

But I do think it's good that it's big enough to draw people for different reasons :)_
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2846
    DesVegas said:
    That finale was so lame

The walls the city folk were hiding behind couldn't really be built out of anything stronger than sand yet the blasters left dents around just 10mm deep? 

I'm all for a bit of suspension of disbelief but I didn't believe that

Boba's ship hovering over the sarlaac entrance to look for his armour was the best bit of the series I'd say
    They developed a cement on one of the myriad planets which hydrates at very low moisture content to generate much higher strengths

given all the other unbelievables in the whole SW franchise, that at least is reasonably believable
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FarleyUK said:
    At least we finally saw Boba be the bad-ass he was always meant to be!

Loved him and Mando takin on everyone, although all the good guys had massive plot-armour. Always frustrates me no end when the bad guys are ALWAYS terrible shots (including the big bloody droids). There's just no sense of danger.

It also seems the script writers must have been watching 6 year old me playing with my Star Wars toys; pretty sure I had Boba riding a rancor into a battle.....

Special shout-out for Grogu leaping into Din's arms. That little dude is cute beyond words.
    The Pykes are a dead eye from half a mile on a fast moving train, they just go to pieces from 15 yards.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1328
    I've quite enjoyed it but at the same time I don't think it's great overall and it's not really my thing.  There are some brilliant parts, and the Star Wars lore is great too, but so much of it feels low rent, small scale, lacking imagination, and completely lacking grit.
    It's a shame really.  The Mandolorian overall is better but I think it has been tarnished by this close tie-in unfortunately.
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3960
    Just watched it. The Kong bit, CGI Skywalker, mods and western shootouts aside, I loved the series just to see the characters, Slave 1 etc.

If only we could have another series of Mando before the Ewan McGregor cringefest.
  • cairobill said:
    Loved the Mandalorian but unfortunately one episode of Boba Fett and I switched off my Disney sub. Will restart when Mandalorian comes around again.
    You've missed a fair bit of Mando story then, worth watching episodes 5&6 for that alone.
  • Obi-Wan Kenobi is next, starts May 25th

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Massive CGI fight fest. Bit of Godzilla, very obvious King Kong reference (following on from Quadrophenia, Man Called Horse,etc,etc). I need to watch something with proper plot and characters now. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2450
    The other thing that irks me with this and Star Wars in general…. Pistols are just as powerful as the rifle type weapons. So why bother having different weapons? 

For example, nobody has automatic fire - it’s always semi-auto. 

Just makes me wonder why you wouldn’t just have two pistol blasters. 
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10385
    They really pulled it back for me in the finale. The less time we see Fett without his helmet the better. 
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10385
    edited February 2022
    FarleyUK said:
    The other thing that irks me with this and Star Wars in general…. Pistols are just as powerful as the rifle type weapons. So why bother having different weapons? 

For example, nobody has automatic fire - it’s always semi-auto. 

Just makes me wonder why you wouldn’t just have two pistol blasters. 
    Distance probably. And a lot of it is meant to be inspired by westerns, and they didn’t have automatic weapons in the stuff that inspired it really either. 
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1328
    The blasters apparently never run out of rounds though, which is the classic Western trope.

It does feel like it's lazy to have such nonsense and inconsistency as that seen with the blasters in this finale.  It's also really hard to buy the idea that anybody with any money at all, like the pike guys, would not have a load of ships with blasters of serious destructive force?
  • Nothing to say that isn't going to happen
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7696
    I thought the whole series was an odd mixed bag of things I really enjoyed and things that just seemed surprisingly naff compared to the other parts. 

I ended up enjoying Boba And The Tuskens far more than the ‘present day’ storyline it was apparently there to support. Until the Mando and Grogu parts which imho give this oddity of a series a reason to have been made. 

The gunslinger was cool (I take it he’s from elsewhere in the SW Universe?) and Timothy Oliphant is so good as a cowboy (I loved Justified) I hope that post credits scene means he’s back in something. 

The Mods and Rockers thing was just awful. 

BLM Chewbacca looked perpetually terrified. 

The mayor’s major domo and the spaceship fixing lady should both do standup at the cantina - brilliant comic actors (that’s genuine praise not sarcasm - I like em) 

Were we supposed to wonder what choice Grogu would make when we saw the Grogu-pod on the star fighter? 

All silly, but I was entertained 
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 12310
    Did any of us expect a Boba Fett show to be as good as Mando season 2 was?  He was

Certainly getting a couple of episodes with Mando in amongst it was a nice touch.  I wouldn't be at all surprised if they were made in the production batch of Mando season 2, rather than 3, especially as Ashoka was kicking about.

Some of the plot seemed like it was probably at one point the outline for a two hour Boba Fett movie, including the Tusken story and the final battle.  Probably was.

Boba does seem like a terribly nice bloke though doesn't he?  Make sure your drunk self got home after a night out, beats the shit out of the guy touching up women in the club, but not too badly etc.

Ming Na Wen should probably be in everything, SHE'S 58, seriously, gives hope to Fretboarders everywhere, bet she aches after filming some of that action though!

Love the setup for Grogu in the Jedi temple, with the three Padawans fighting to protect him (and by extension the rest of the kids Vader eventually kills) - who saved Grogu.... we cut away just before we find out!  Good setup for Mando season 3.

Bad for Luke, "Oh well, Grogu isn't interested, but Luke and Leia's kid will be, what could go wrong?" the Jedi really are pillocks aren't they?  Actually a great setup for The Last Jedi - if you didn't think the Jedi were idiots after watching the prequels, well you at least can understand why Luke does.

Overall, took a while to find it's feet as they didn't have much of a character to build from, or much of an idea to build to, but you can guarantee a guest appearance in the next few shows, and maybe even a "Defenders" style team up in a few years time...

Nothing as good as "one X-wing... oh great we're saved" - but then we have lost what she brought to the show full-stop, sadly.

You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • I agree with @TimmyO ;
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires