Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The Book of Boba Fett - may contain spoilers

What's Hot

Comments

• sev112sev112 Frets: 2793
    What a git Skywalker is , why can’t the kid have both ?

and it was a shame about Billy Bob Thornton too
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • MattWMattW Frets: 80
    I like to think it was a Shogun Assassin homage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGItefWwA5s

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • sev112 said:

Pretty sure that Cobb caught the shot in his shoulder - we’ve not seen the last of him yet!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11469
    edited February 2022
    The choice - Grogu back in Series 3 of the Mandalorian, or does he reappear in some future show?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchman said:
    The choice - Grogu back in Series 3 of the Mandalorian, or does he reappear in some future show?
    He takes the light sabre, turns it on, slices Skywalker saying “I ain't goin' to no school, fool”and puts his new bescar chain armour on and fucks off.

7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    WTF was all the "Gunfight at the OK Corral" wild-west cowboy nonsense about?

Still, I suppose we've had the Mods from Quadrophenia and no doubt a few other parodies too, so maybe I shouldn't be at all surprised at "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" being thrown in.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16760
    crunchman said:
    Grogu is the most popular character of Disney era Star Wars. 

If he stays at Luke's school, aging as slowly as he does, he's not got a very nice fate in store.... assuming Disney keeps the recent trilogy as canon.  Nobody wants Grogu killed off in this manner.  If he's somehow absent from that event or subsequent hunt, where is he hiding during the sequels?

Having him choose to stay with the Mandalorian and stepping away from being a Jedi avoids the awkward questions about Grogu's fate, and lets them keep cashing in on his popularity.

I would be really impressed if they actually did have him chose to remain a Jedi and live by the Jedi code, but I really don't think its likely

The only real question is why this is all taking place in BOBF and not The Mandalorian
  • sev112 said:

Timothy Olyphant

edited February 2022
    WezV said:
    crunchman said:
    Grogu is the most popular character of Disney era Star Wars. 

If he stays at Luke's school, aging as slowly as he does, he's not got a very nice fate in store.... assuming Disney keeps the recent trilogy as canon.  Nobody wants Grogu killed off in this manner.  If he's somehow absent from that event or subsequent hunt, where is he hiding during the sequels?

Having him choose to stay with the Mandalorian and stepping away from being a Jedi avoids the awkward questions about Grogu's fate, and lets them keep cashing in on his popularity.

I would be really impressed if they actually did have him chose to remain a Jedi and live by the Jedi code, but I really don't think its likely

The only real question is why this is all taking place in BOBF and not The Mandalorian

In theory, he could have 15 years or so at the school and still leave before Ben/Kylo Ren slaughters them all.

Alternatively, they could bring him back from the dead.  They did it with the emperor, Darth Maul, and Boba Fett.  Maybe they should go the full Dallas and have someone wake up in the shower with the whole of the recent trilogy having been a dream!

What you said is more likely though.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tekbowtekbow Frets: 1699
    There are options for keeping the sequel trilogy, and the more traditional star wars universe separate yet both canon.

It appeared in Rebels, would be bit "oh FFS" but it could be dealt with and then left alone/forgotten.

Because with the rate that Filoni is drawing from the Old EU, I really don't See how they tie in the sequel Trilogy directly.

Nether do I want them to.
    edited February 2022
    At this point, I suspect that Grogu will choose the Bescar, and Luke will fly to Tattooine to drop him with Mando just in time to turn up for the big fight.  Luke turning up to lay waste in the last episode could get a bit repetitive though.
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6911
    crunchman said:
    At this point, I suspect that Grogu will choose the Bescar, and Luke will fly to Tattooine to drop him with Mando just in time to turn up for the big fight.  Luke turning up to lay waste in the last episode could get a bit repetitive though.
    And he'd be helping Boba Fett - which would be a huge turn around!!! 
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • I just Googled who grogu is (thought it was baby Yoda?) and man some of the stuff you can get! Keyrings, swimsuits, a toaster!!
  • I enjoyed that episode and it made me feel 5 years old again :)
    'Vot eva happened to the Transylvanian Tvist?'
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4161
    edited February 2022

Still, I suppose we've had the Mods from Quadrophenia and no doubt a few other parodies too, so maybe I shouldn't be at all surprised at "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" being thrown in.

I take it you never watched The Clone Wars or The Bad Batch then? Some of the story-arcs, particularly those around Ahsoka, Maul, and Boba are well worth sitting through.

Cad Bane is a pretty pivotal character from Boba's childhood and adolescence, and is literally inspired by "The Ugly". Boba Fett's character was heavily inspired by Eastwood's "The Good" back in 1978, hence his poncho, spurs, stance, etc...

This blog piece from nine years ago tells more about it:
    Another, from Jeremy Bulloch himself:
    And another:
    Aaaaaand another:

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    I just Googled who grogu is (thought it was baby Yoda?) and man some of the stuff you can get! Keyrings, swimsuits, a toaster!!

A toaster, you say? Hmmmm. Interested in that, I am.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24582
    sev112 said:

Err, Billy Bob isn't in it.

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24582

It's a western. Star Wars has always been a western. Even when Lucas was banging on about Kurosawa and the 7 Samurai - it was a western.
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2793
    sev112 said:

Err, Billy Bob isn't in it.

Yes I know ;) looks like him though, and I didn’t know the character’s name or actor’s name, but people knew who I was talking bout :)
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2440
    edited February 2022
    Brilliant episode!

And was it just me thinking we might have finally seen Admiral Thrawn’s species at last…?

EDIT - appears not - https://www.reddit.com/r/AskScienceFiction/comments/3rg6ll/star_wars_are_grand_admiral_thrawn_and_cad_bane/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf