Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The Book of Boba Fett - may contain spoilers

What's Hot

Comments

• blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2877
    Iv got an itchy Dipswap
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tekbowtekbow Frets: 1699
    Bit shitty of Luke if you ask me..
  • Hmm.

Not sure about the finale episode, I zoned out for a lot of it tbh as it just wasn’t holding my attention.

It’s highlighted more than ever the inconsistent strength of blasters though. I’ve noticed it before for sure, but never this badly!
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11452
    It was fun.  Judging from the bit with the bacta tank at the end there will be another spin off coming.
  • crunchman said:
    It was fun.  Judging from the bit with the bacta tank at the end there will be another spin off coming.
    I’m assuming he’ll join the Rangers one perhaps?

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 6871
    edited February 2022
    Went down to kids level entertainment levels - why would they both stand together outside so they get shot at multiple times when they’ve got jet packs on? Didn’t behave like trained bounty hunters at all in that episode. Only good bit was the assassination scene. Disappointed.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Thought it was all a bit shit tbh.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11452
    mrkb said:
    Went down to kids level entertainment levels - why would they both stand together outside so they get shot at multiple times when they’ve got jet packs on? Didn’t behave like trained bounty hunters at all in that episode. Only good bit was the assassination scene. Disappointed.

It's fantasy aimed at 12 year olds.  What did you expect?

If you want realism, then stormtroopers would be able to shoot straight and the heroes would get killed off in the fist half hour of every film.
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6871
    crunchman said:
    mrkb said:

It's fantasy aimed at 12 year olds.  What did you expect?

If you want realism, then stormtroopers would be able to shoot straight and the heroes would get killed off in the fist half hour of every film.
    What I wanted was entertainment not comedy - I havent laughed so much at a supposed "shoot out" for ages.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2769
    crunchman said:
    I’d better go back and look then , I switched off when the hand drawn pictures appear :(
  • crunchman said:
    I’m assuming he’ll join the Rangers one perhaps?

As long as the new series is called Thundercat, I am happy about that, he reminded me of Kylo Ren 
  • Sadly the last episode was one of the shittest things I have witnessed for some time and I’m an Everton fan.
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dariusdarius Frets: 632
    It did have me wondering why the big supergun droids were somewhat reluctant to actually shoot. And then only once. Maybe they were on Low Power Green Mode. 

Entertaining but not a classic. 

My girl loved it. But that was mostly because baby yoda. 

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11878
    edited February 2022
    I think, and this is just my opinion that the “Star Wars is made for kids” argument has got to stop.  I think it is a lame, very lame defence for badly written script and badly choreographed sequences. Just because George Lucas said it once 20 years ago, it doesn't mean it has to be the constant in the franchise.  The franchise can evolve free of Lucas.

Marvel and Pixar has shown time and again that you can make an action movie that is smart, funny, clever for both adults and kids.  There is no reason to be silly, there is no excuse for it.  I am not asking for blood on screen, I am just asking for less stupidity.  

The other thing is that people who gives these reasons, they are not kids, they are grown adults, they are probably 40+ years old.  They watched the original trilogy as a kid, they are no longer one anymore.  So why use this defence when you are not one?  You can stir the nostalgia factor without it being stupid.  A badly aimed Stormtrooper was the thing in the original, do we need to really keep that for nostalgia?  

Not to mention that the people who are paying for Disney Plus are not 10 year olds, they are adults.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • I got to about a third of the way through episode 5 before I gave up.
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    I laughed when it got to the Rancor monster emulating King Kong climbing up the Empire State Building. Apart from that, it appeared to big one long and tedious gunfight. The only saving grace was Grogu’s reunion with the Mando.

If Star Wars was made for kids, that’s fine by me, because I’m a guy who still laughs at Wile E. Coyote and Tom and Jerry, and can’t wait to get to Disneyland.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6391
    crunchman said:

Justified in Space !
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24336
    I did think when Boba went off for reinforcements he was just going to fly in with Slave 1 and use the higher power weapons on the droids.

Can't beat air support for that sort of thing.

That being said - the Rancor / King Kong thing had me laughing in a good way. SW and indeed Lucas has always had a massive amount of hat tipping to other films and genres.

The baddies should have killed them all though based on the tactics used.

• SteffoSteffo Frets: 572
    I loved it. Some of it a bit cringy (Kong) but otherwise proper Star Wars. I can't wait for more, particularly as the two series are so integrated now.
  • Loved the Mandalorian but unfortunately one episode of Boba Fett and I switched off my Disney sub. Will restart when Mandalorian comes around again.