Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The Book of Boba Fett - may contain spoilers

What's Hot

Comments

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6392
    timmypix said:
    It makes sense that Boba would want something different after a fairly brutal near-death experience and having only ever lived the life his father laid out for him – what is Star Wars without daddy issues? – and seeing the character grow into someone with more power and control should be thrilling. His years with the Sand People have shifted his moral compass after a lifetime of brutality, but I don't think trying to show him simultaneously going through that experience and showing the result without fully providing all the context has worked as it was intended to.
    Agreed, shame they got an actor with the skills and presence of a piece of cardboard.

Ep 5 a welcome development.

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • timmypixtimmypix Frets: 2399
    I generally agree with what you're saying but how long was he with the tuskens? Isn't this set only a year or two after Jedi? 

I'm sure he said something in Ep4 about "all those years" with the Tuskens; Mando and BOBF are both set approx. 5 years after ROTJ.
    Tim
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • danodano Frets: 1593
    That opening sequence in the tbis weeks episode kicked arse. Felt like a cross between Mando and The Sopranos, taking out the boss and his gang in the back room of a meet processing plant 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • tekbow said:

Suprised The Master Chief didn't appear, is that supposed to be Nar Shadda?

Nope, Nar Shaddaa’s a moon - this halo city was the first of it’s kind that I’m aware of in the SW universe! I’m assuming we’ll get to Nar Shaddaa and Nal Hutta at some point in one of these live-action shows though - especially if the Hutts stay involved in the BOBF plot.

There was an opener in one of the Mando episodes that could have been on Nar Shaddaa, but it wasn’t named, so who knows?
  • timmypix said:
    I generally agree with what you're saying but how long was he with the tuskens? Isn't this set only a year or two after Jedi? 

I'm sure he said something in Ep4 about "all those years" with the Tuskens; Mando and BOBF are both set approx. 5 years after ROTJ.

Yep, my take is that he can’t have been in the Sarlacc for more than a day or two, given air supplies (and the need for the stormtroopers oxygen line), and that the Jawas would’ve been at the site very quickly to scavenge the parts, else he wouldn’t have been found in time. That means Boba spent the next ~5 years with the Tuskens, which is certainly enough time for his perspectives, behaviours and principles to be changed from his experiences.

Personally I think the story arc is really good, but the story-telling is a litte hit and miss so far. The sneaky Mando S03E00 was bloody superb though, one of my favourite of the whole thing to-date!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27091
    timmypix said:

Ok I obviously missed that! :D 

Though it then feels a little odd that the power vaccuum post-Jabba wasn't already filled in the intervening years. I'm not going to overthink this. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • tekbowtekbow Frets: 1699
    tekbow said:

Suprised The Master Chief didn't appear, is that supposed to be Nar Shadda?

Nope, Nar Shaddaa’s a moon - this halo city was the first of it’s kind that I’m aware of in the SW universe! I’m assuming we’ll get to Nar Shaddaa and Nal Hutta at some point in one of these live-action shows though - especially if the Hutts stay involved in the BOBF plot.

There was an opener in one of the Mando episodes that could have been on Nar Shaddaa, but it wasn’t named, so who knows?

Yeah I know about it being a moon, it's why I asked because I thought it looked suitably seedy, just wondered if it was a maybe potential adjustment to canon.
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16711
    edited January 2022
    timmypix said:

Ok I obviously missed that! D 

Though it then feels a little odd that the power vaccuum post-Jabba wasn't already filled in the intervening years. I'm not going to overthink this. 
    it was filled by Bib Fortuna, just not very well.   That allowed the Pykes to come in
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • tekbowtekbow Frets: 1699
    timmypix said:

Ok I obviously missed that! :D 

It was though, Bib Fortuna took over then Boba/Fenec killed him at the end of Mandalorian S2.

I could see 5 years not being a particularly long time in terms of Hutts getting things done. Hutt Space encompasses a good few worlds and systems separate from the empire and they're very long lived.

5 years was probably the amount of time the sluggy buggers took to be bothered to do something about it, and I'm sure Bib was either paying suitable tribute and maintaining the status quo or was taking orders directly from them.
  • ColsCols Frets: 7015
    edited January 2022
    Number 2 Son remarked “Best episode yet, and it didn’t have Boba Fett in it”.

He hasn’t actually watched more than 4 episodes of The Mandalorian yet, so he’s just had the entire storyline spoiled for him.
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10237
    Yea that was a good episode. 
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2877
    Last episode was fantastic from start to finish. This is the way. 
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2769
    Just didn’t believe the other two have never taken their helmets off - how do they eat ?
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    sev112 said:
    Just didn’t believe the other two have never taken their helmets off - how do they eat ?
    I bet they smell, too.

• sev112 said:
    I bet they smell, too.
    Well I'd be surprised if the helmets didn't have olfactory sensors (assuming they're airtight), so yeah - they probably can.
  • sev112 said:
    Pretty sure we saw that in the seven samurai-esque episode of Mando season 1, no?
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11452
    sev112 said:

They can't take them off in the presence of another person.
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5517
    If they NEVER come off then there must be some wild moustaches under there! Hair and beards can be cut around the bottom for a proper 'helmet cut' but those 'taches must be a nightmare.
  • Just watched it.

Fuck yes!
    'Vot eva happened to the Transylvanian Tvist?'
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6876
    DiscoStu said:
    If they NEVER come off then there must be some wild moustaches under there! Hair and beards can be cut around the bottom for a proper 'helmet cut' but those 'taches must be a nightmare.
    They’re probably more like pubes on their face that miraculously don’t ever get too long.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1