Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The Book of Boba Fett - may contain spoilers

What's Hot

Comments

• Ep5.

"How was it?"

"Wizard"

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • tekbowtekbow Frets: 1699
    Jesus. Looks like Grogu leaving has had a negative effect on his demeanor
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • tekbowtekbow Frets: 1699
    edited January 2022
    Ep5.

"How was it?"

The Manadalorian episode 2.5:1

They basically even call it as such lol

Suprised The Master Chief didn't appear, is that supposed to be Nar Shadda?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    Plodding through rather than loving it. MrsTheWeary is the household Star Wars nut and she isn't feeling the love for it. Seems to lack any direction, just filling in gaps in flashback all the time.  

And if I do think okay maybe it's more aimed at 12 year olds then the amount of violence in it just makes that thought all the worse. It's ( sanitised) mass murder as entertainment as has always been the case with Star Wars.

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5517
    Episode 5: The one without any Boba Fett.
    I enjoyed it, but it wasn't a cameo it was an entire episode from a different series.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27091
    I really enjoyed that. I mean, it was a complete episode of a different show that is presumably going to lead to confusion for anyone watching Mando who isn’t watching Boba, but I’ll allow it, I guess!
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1305
    Great episode of Disney's Star Wars series.  How can it blow so hot and cold?!
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2414
    edited January 2022
    That was pretty awesome!!

Not sure why they needed to shoehorn in a full Mando episode though - are they worried interest in Boba will wane?
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16713
    Odd choice.   It's not even a cross over episode in any real sense.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • danodano Frets: 1593
    Wow great episode.

My 9yr old woke up at 7,30am and asked could he watch Boba Fett before school. I said let's watch the first scene, and wow, how good was that ! We finished just in time for a really brisk walk to school  ;)
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10238
    Cols said:
    @Cols It's me too but the dark side compels me to not act my age.
    My 9 year old son James watching it this evening:

“Can you put your helmet back on, please. I liked it better whenever you didn’t take your helmet off.”

#WeAreAllJames
    Yep. The show is okay but they've ruined this character irreparably if you ask me. The mystery, the legend, is gone and has been replaced with a show that isn't fitting of that mystique. I think that his appearances in Mando were great, and it should've been left at that. 
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13941
    The flying scenes in the N1 Starfighter were some of the best I've seen in any Star Wars, way better than those stupid trundling mod bikes from a couple of episodes ago.

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    A thumbs up from me for last night’s offering, now we’re talking.

It’s odd that I should prefer an episode without the main character, but it was more like a proper Star Wars job. Sadly, I fear it is unlikely to continue as such.

• FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2414
    Have they confirmed season 3 of Mandolorian? Just curious if they're going to merge the two shows into one.

And I also appreciate how 'he' managed to convey much better acting with his helmet on compared to Boba with his helmet off.
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11878
    edited January 2022
    One of the best Mandolorian episodes.

Which says a lot.
  • Switch625Switch625 Frets: 585
    Loved all the references from the prequels and even Rogue One. Best episode yet...
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5517
    I've just watched it again, it's that good.
    That one episode packed in more storyline, character development, and charm than the rest of the series combined.
    They overdid the N1 rebuild though.
    One thing I noticed with the darksaber... in some scenes Mando holds it left handed, in others it's right. Maybe a continuity error between stuntman and Pedro?
  • timmypixtimmypix Frets: 2399
    FarleyUK said:
    Have they confirmed season 3 of Mandolorian? Just curious if they're going to merge the two shows into one.

And I also appreciate how 'he' managed to convey much better acting with his helmet on compared to Boba with his helmet off.
    Yes, it's filming (or maybe just finished?) atm and is due for an end-of-year release.

Cols said:

“Can you put your helmet back on, please. I liked it better whenever you didn’t take your helmet off.”

#WeAreAllJames
    Yep. The show is okay but they've ruined this character irreparably if you ask me. The mystery, the legend, is gone and has been replaced with a show that isn't fitting of that mystique. I think that his appearances in Mando were great, and it should've been left at that. 
    I think this is suffering from Ep1-3 / Ep8-itis where I really love what the show's trying to do, but it's fumbling the execution. It makes sense that Boba would want something different after a fairly brutal near-death experience and having only ever lived the life his father laid out for him – what is Star Wars without daddy issues? – and seeing the character grow into someone with more power and control should be thrilling. His years with the Sand People have shifted his moral compass after a lifetime of brutality, but I don't think trying to show him simultaneously going through that experience and showing the result without fully providing all the context has worked as it was intended to.

That said, I think there will also always be a section of the fandom who just want him to be the action figure they had growing up and not have any development at all, for whom anything other than showing him as a bounty hunter in his prime is a disappointment, no matter how limiting that story would be.
    Tim
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27091
    timmypix said:

Cols said:

#WeAreAllJames
    I think this is suffering from Ep1-3 / Ep8-itis where I really love what the show's trying to do, but it's fumbling the execution. It makes sense that Boba would want something different after a fairly brutal near-death experience and having only ever lived the life his father laid out for him – what is Star Wars without daddy issues? – and seeing the character grow into someone with more power and control should be thrilling. His years with the Sand People have shifted his moral compass after a lifetime of brutality, but I don't think trying to show him simultaneously going through that experience and showing the result without fully providing all the context has worked as it was intended to.

That said, I think there will also always be a section of the fandom who just want him to be the action figure they had growing up and not have any development at all, for whom anything other than showing him as a bounty hunter in his prime is a disappointment, no matter how limiting that story would be.
    I generally agree with what you're saying but how long was he with the tuskens? Isn't this set only a year or two after Jedi? 

I fully agree that those who had a 4" Fett in the 80s have all got a similar-but-different idea of exactly what kind of badass he should be, and that's not helped by the fact that Mando is already filling that role fairly comprehensively, so they had to turn left with BOBF. But that said, I wasn't into SW as a kid (born 1984) and never had a Fett toy, so don't have any desire for anything beyond a high quality TV show telling an interesting story, and I'm not convinced we're getting one so far. Mando on the other hand is one of my absolute favourite shows in recent years.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    Absolutely agree that more is conveyed without helmet removal, but unsure as to why. Maybe it leaves it up to the imagination.