Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The Book of Boba Fett - may contain spoilers

What's Hot

Comments

• neilg said:
    Was the music just before the end credits the Mandalorian theme?  Possible hint of a crossover.
    Yep, I thought the same.
    Well, given that it played a few times in this episode I’d bloody hope so! mrgreen

This one sets up Fett and Shard going and interrupting Dinn when the Razor Crest gets destroyed and Grogu gets taken. 

I’m still hopeful for at least an appearance of Bossk, Dengar, and/or Zuckuss and 4-LOM. Having Krranstan around in live-action is brilliant, but there’s always room for more bounty hunters and mercs!
    neilg said:
    Was the music just before the end credits the Mandalorian theme?  Possible hint of a crossover.
    Yep, I thought the same.
    Well, given that it played a few times in this episode I’d bloody hope so! mrgreen

This one sets up Fett and Shard going and interrupting Dinn when the Razor Crest gets destroyed and Grogu gets taken. 

I’m still hopeful for at least an appearance of Bossk, Dengar, and/or Zuckuss and 4-LOM. Having Krranstan around in live-action is brilliant, but there’s always room for more bounty hunters and mercs!
    If Star Wars did Beatles reunions..
    'Vot eva happened to the Transylvanian Tvist?'
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • timmypixtimmypix Frets: 2399
    Loved the latest episode, felt like it was back in the saddle after a ropey third episode. But the fact that it's taken four episodes (of seven!) to reveal Boba's motivations and explain the crux of the series was a bad call IMO. I get that we needed to see his time with the Sand People to understand why he's changed, but they put off getting to the point a bit too long. I almost wonder if it would have been better not flicking between time periods and just showing the whole thing chronologically.

It might not be the badass Boba Fett kicking ass and taking names that some hoped for, but I'd say it's much more interesting to see the character developing and being put in new situations than seeing the same old thing which would leave little room for growth. 
    Tim
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    A much better episode than previously.

I don't recall seeing any trees anywhere so where the hell does Boba get the wood for a fire? And I can't help but think it would be quicker to walk than riding on that oversized yak. What does it feed on? Beats me, unless it's sand.

Ming-Na - good grief, she's looking good for 58!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16701
    So ... "Firespray".    Seems like Slave 1 has its new name.

• ColsCols Frets: 7013
    WezV said:

Organised crime, mass genocide, assassinations?  All okay.  The Wookie chap is evidently a former pit fighter, and that’s grand as well.  

Referring to an inanimate object using the S word?  SHAME ON YOU!!!
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3876
    Rather than micro-analyse everything, I'm just enjoying it for what it's worth. We're lucky that they're making these new productions after all. Just seeing Slave 1 in action again is worth the price of admission alone for me.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6391
    I don't recall seeing any trees anywhere so where the hell does Boba get the wood for a fire? And I can't help but think it would be quicker to walk than riding on that oversized yak. What does it feed on? Beats me, unless it's sand.

Had the same thought - shows how gripping it is !

I did resolve it internally - they must burn Bantha poo ! (Whatever it eats)
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    Jalapeno said:

Bantha poo, or old wood from when it was a fertile planet
  • timmypixtimmypix Frets: 2399
    WezV said:

It's always been a Firespray-class patrol vehicle, to be fair. 
    Tim
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    timmypix said:
    WezV said:

Indeed it has.  The actual dialogue could be taken either as class or individual name,... but given Disney wanted to drop Slave 1 I assume it will likely be the name used moving.  Not the "Boba Fett's Starship" they have had to use on Lego boxes recently
    edited January 2022
    WezV said:
    Jalapeno said:

Bantha poo, or old wood from when it was a fertile planet

If I can pick up on it, then others will, which means the production team are either lazy, or think no-one will notice. And given how every piece of Star Wars on the screen gets dismantled and scrutinised to the nth degree by an army of fans, they really should take more care.

And another thing - Boba finds Ning-Ma dying from gut wound, but there's no sign of the creature that did it, and he never bothered to ask her, either. 

timmypix said:
    WezV said:

Actually, I don’t recall it ever actually being referred to by name in the original film.  Just something George Lucas pulled out of his arse to slap on the toy boxes.
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5517
    So many vehicles and characters had no name mentioned in the films, but in the books/toys/extended universe they were all given titles. Slave 1 being one of them.
    It has always been referred to as a modified Firespray-31-class ship so it hasn't been renamed as such...YET. It IS Boba's Firespray and he calls it Slave 1 in the same way Han's ship is a YT-1300f light freighter but he calls it the Millennium Falcon.
    Boba says to Fennec Shand "help me recover my Firespray gunship" which is technically correct. If at any point he calls it just Firespray or The Firespray as a name rather than a description then they'll have crossed the woke line and that would be a shame. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2769

And another thing - Boba finds Ning-Ma dying from gut wound, but there's no sign of the creature that did it, and he never bothered to ask her, either. 
    Do you mean Fennec Shand ?
    i (not knowing SW history as many do) guess she was left for dead in the Mandalorian series iirc ?
    @Cols It's me too but the dark side compels me to not act my age.
    My 9 year old son James watching it this evening:

“Can you put your helmet back on, please. I liked it better whenever you didn’t take your helmet off.”

#WeAreAllJames
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    DiscoStu said:

Boba says to Fennec Shand "help me recover my Firespray gunship" which is technically correct. If at any point he calls it just Firespray or The Firespray as a name rather than a description then they'll have crossed the woke line and that would be a shame. 
    It does seem to be used as a name in the captions, if not the actual dialogue.

Temuera Morrison has also said he thinks it's the new name, but that could be his misunderstanding 
    edited January 2022
    sev112 said:

Do you mean Fennec Shand ?
    i (not knowing SW history as many do) guess she was left for dead in the Mandalorian series iirc ?
    Yes, Fennec Shand. 

• So, in Ep 4 Lady from Shield (same character as well as actress?) gets a bit of new piping.  This is followed by a bit of random shooting at several hundred people that make stormtroopers appear to be crack shots.

All capped around a pointless meeting with the hoods (not even as entertaining as a SPECTRE annual staff performance review, from which I presume they stole the script).

This is pretty poor TV - are we watching the same show?

• Boba of Arabia was far more interesting to me. Ditch the armour, let the character age and grow and lead the Tuskens to a water rich promised land.

Write that shit and I'm in. Let Mando handle the helmet and blaster routine.
    'Vot eva happened to the Transylvanian Tvist?'
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • tekbowtekbow Frets: 1699
    edited January 2022
    I wondered when he was going to show up, and making full use of a certain lightsabre no less.

He should probably ditch the Cape though. Not really worth his while wearing it when its looped up over the jet pack

Hopefully there'll be some more interesting crossover cameos.