Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The Book of Boba Fett - may contain spoilers

What's Hot

Comments

• I agree with @TimmyO ;
    Yes, worked as a summary for me. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24798
    The Gunslinger was a direct tribute to Lee Van Cleef in the "Dollars" triology.

The movement / voice / even the way he peeked from under his hat.

He first turned up in the Clone Wars animated series.

I WANT TO BUY:
    Fairfield "The Accountant" Compressor Pedal.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11510
    The Gunslinger was a direct tribute to Lee Van Cleef in the "Dollars" triology.

The movement / voice / even the way he peeked from under his hat.

He first turned up in the Clone Wars animated series.

I'm gradually working my way through that.  I believe there is more Mandalore back story that would be worth watching before S3 of the Mandalorian.
  • Cad Bane is right at the start of the Clone Wars, kidnapping Amidala from the Senate, stealing force sensitive children for Darth Sidious, he was trained by Jango and fought Kenobi. 

He runs a bounty hunting team with the very young Boba, accepting him as Jango's son.

He reappears several times and turns up in the Bad Batch where he's hired by the Caminoens to retrieve Omega - Fennec Shand stops him as we discover her role as a bounty hunter is a little more nuanced than just abducting Omega. 

Filoni has written some pretty amazing characters with perhaps more dimension than the film characters, Ahsoka, Plo Koon and Cad Bane are some of my favourites 
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7696
    I agree with @TimmyO ;
    Yes, worked as a summary for me. 
    There's not enough of this around, generally :-) 
    Red ones are better. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10385
    sinbaadi said:
    The blasters apparently never run out of rounds though, which is the classic Western trope.

It does feel like it's lazy to have such nonsense and inconsistency as that seen with the blasters in this finale.  It's also really hard to buy the idea that anybody with any money at all, like the pike guys, would not have a load of ships with blasters of serious destructive force?
    Well, it is a show about space wizards with lasers. Infinite blaster ammo isn’t the most unrealistic thing about it lol. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    My opinion - Boba Fett was pretty much an insignificance. I’d have settled for a continuation of The Mandalorian. Honestly, I hope there isn’t another series, or if there is, they release it all in one go, cos I got fed up with waiting a week to find out if it was gonna get better, and for the most part, it didn’t.

• TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10385
    edited February 2022
    My opinion - Boba Fett was pretty much an insignificance. I’d have settled for a continuation of The Mandalorian. Honestly, I hope there isn’t another series, or if there is, they release it all in one go, cos I got fed up with waiting a week to find out if it was gonna get better, and for the most part, it didn’t.
    It definitely got better. Episode 5, 6 and 7 were great in my opinion but mostly because of the Mandolorian and Grogu. 
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2450
    I might be late to the party - but in related news, Star Wars: Ashoka is coming.... and it's got Admiral Thrawn in!!!!

https://www.ign.com/tv/star-wars-ahsoka
  • May be an image of 1 person and text that says BREAKING NEWS Age-old question ofwhether pigs can fly or not finally answered More Tusken Raiders killed coinciding with a visit from a Skywalker
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1328
    sinbaadi said:
    The blasters apparently never run out of rounds though, which is the classic Western trope.

It does feel like it's lazy to have such nonsense and inconsistency as that seen with the blasters in this finale.  It's also really hard to buy the idea that anybody with any money at all, like the pike guys, would not have a load of ships with blasters of serious destructive force?
    Well, it is a show about space wizards with lasers. Infinite blaster ammo isn’t the most unrealistic thing about it lol. 
    Absolutely.  I was commenting on the observation of the many parallels with Western/Cowboy movies.  The cliche of the marshal down to his last bullet is not one that applies to Star Wars!
  • tekbowtekbow Frets: 1699
    FarleyUK said:
    I might be late to the party - but in related news, Star Wars: Ashoka is coming.... and it's got Admiral Thrawn in!!!!

https://www.ign.com/tv/star-wars-ahsoka

Which in turn is going to mean Ezra and Sabine

If anyone hasn't watched Rebels, go do so. It's better than a good portion of clone wars.
    I've watched about half of Clone Wars.  It is variable.
  • the best detail of the clone wars is the growing resentment among clones at being cannon-fodder and the split loyalties they have to each other and the republic. Which erupts at odd times before Order 66, after Order 66 and in Rebels around the time of the Battle of Yavin - "it was an honour to fight with you for something we both chose to believe in" - Gregor :cry: 

edited February 2022
    crunchman said:

Yeah I mean.. it's really important to the current starwars TV Shows and what will be ongoing, but it's hard to keep up with sometimes. I've found the first 2 or 3 seasons struggle to keep a thread together.
  • tekbow said:
    crunchman said:

Yeah I mean.. it's really important to the current starwars TV Shows and what will be ongoing, but it's hard to watch it keep up with sometimes. I've found the first 2 or 3 seasons struggle to keep a thread together.

I think there is a hachette viewing order on line as opposed to the numeric/chronological order they were released.
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• Disney curate viewing lists for Ahsoka back stories, clones ... not seen one for the Dark Saber yet but it'd make sense. 
    tekbow said:
    crunchman said:

Yeah I mean.. it's really important to the current starwars TV Shows and what will be ongoing, but it's hard to watch it keep up with sometimes. I've found the first 2 or 3 seasons struggle to keep a thread together.

I think there is a hachette viewing order on line as opposed to the numeric/chronological order they were released.

I'll have to check that out because I genuinely struggle to keep watching with its release order.
    edited February 2022
    tekbow said:
    tekbow said:
    crunchman said:

I'll have to check that out because I genuinely struggle to keep watching with its release order.

Release order doesn't matter too much with some episodes. There is one that centred around Jar Jar Binks.  That's worth skipping wherever it comes chronologically.
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16926
    Some of the clone wars is a struggle, some is amazing.

Rebels maintains a much higher standard all the way through its shorter run, with only the occasional duff episode.  The character development is great, both in narrative and design