The Football Thread.

What's Hot

Comments

• tony99tony99 Frets: 7216
    RobDavies said:
    Watching the game last night, I notice that the gangways at the Liverpool end were chock full of people standing on the stairs - which would indicate that the seats were full.  This says to me that either the police let hundreds in without tickets, or plenty of Liverpool folk managed to ‘jib’ their way in.  Seen several videos of Liverpool fans which are fairly damning… although not sure that justifies tear-gassing kids.  

I did raise an eyebrow when queuing in the underground tunnel to Kew Bridge station, after the Liverpool game at Brentford last year…. About a dozen large gentlemen with scouse accents barged and pushed their way to the front of the queue - and it was heaving down there, so it took some doing. There’s definitely an element at Liverpool with a “We’ll do what we want and not worry about anyone else - including our own fans” attitude.
    There's been blag tickets around for a few weeks. Sadly some were even being touted by someone with JFT96 in his twitter handle.
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • wesker123wesker123 Frets: 497
    tony99 said:
    All back to No.10 then.........
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10387
    edited May 2022
    tony99 said:
    Yea, but there's no context to it that is there. There's literally zero information as to what's going on. 

Is that the fault of the fan too? 

https://mobile.twitter.com/Watch_LFC/status/1530856356663771138?t=bfAaQhyTy9-kaCyqQpjeXg&s=08
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7428
    Did a liverpool fan say a mean word to you when you were a little boy or something? You always seem 2 seconds away from another bitch fit over them and their fans.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    edited May 2022
    DefaultM said:
    Did a liverpool fan say a mean word to you when you were a little boy or something? You always seem 2 seconds away from another bitch fit over them and their fans.
    Yea I really don't get his angle tbh. Fans getting held up for hours, stuck in huge crowds, dozens of videos of people getting tear gassed including children and there is no condemnation for the tactics of the police or the organisers. We know football fans can be rowdy and aggressive, violence in large crowds is not new, but its clear that this was exacerbated by poor policing and organisation. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    tony99 said:
    Yea, but there's no context to it that is there. There's literally zero information as to what's going on. 

Is that the fault of the fan too? 

https://mobile.twitter.com/Watch_LFC/status/1530856356663771138?t=bfAaQhyTy9-kaCyqQpjeXg&s=08
    Who knows what went on? Don't see anyone laying any blame do you? I still think it was daft from Klopp encouraging fans to travel without tickets though.
    Anyway. I for one hope that we don't get bitchy about this stuff. I'm up for moving on and talking about riridiculous transfer rumours. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4305
    edited May 2022
  • CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4305
    edited May 2022
    Please don’t watch isolated clips and assume you know what was going on with all this. I have just arrived home, total miracle I got in the ground, definitely thought I wasn’t getting in, but managed to go via another entrance. And yes I had a ticket, for the avoidance of doubt. Nearly got tear gassed on the way in, got it fully on the way out, for absolutely no reason at all. People just calmly walking away. The organisation was shocking, and exacerbated by being in a very dodgy part of Paris and thousands of locals trying to get near and in the ground. There were many 1000’s of fans with tickets queuing patiently right up to kick off, with gates completely locked and no communication whatsoever. Yes, tempers then got very frayed, but they should never have been put in that position.

This was a total failure of policing and authorities. You need look nowhere else for blame. It is their job to get it right and lives depend on them doing so. If you do get it right, there are no problems. They completely failed to set up a proper perimeter around the ground and way too many people without tickets got near the turnstiles. Very large portion of the people with no tickets being locals. I have been to 5 European Cup finals, and have seen it policed perfectly, such as in Kiev where there was a ring of steel around the ground, zero bother. The one in Athens was a bit more like this Paris one, as the Greek police are completely hopeless. Even I was feeling a bit tense with it all last night, and I don’t scare that easily, can’t imagine how some of the women and young children were feeling. This could have ended a lot worse, there were tunnels they were funnelling fans through which were way too small and they were then halting them, causing overcrowding, and then firing some tear gas in for good measure… Just a complete joke from start to finish.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    edited May 2022
    Probably best to move on from it now mate tbh. 
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3110
    Well done to Forest for getting promoted to the big time. I think they've got some serious investment so should have a chance of establishing themselves. I think Hudds should have had at least one penalty but it just wasn't to be. Roll on August, eh?
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

Well done to Forest for getting promoted to the big time. I think they've got some serious investment so should have a chance of establishing themselves. I think Hudds should have had at least one penalty but it just wasn't to be. Roll on August, eh?
    All these big clubs who've been out for years, like Leeds, Forest are back in the top flight. It's like seeing a hybrid eclipse! 
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28354
    Glad Huddersfield lost. The fans were complete arseholes when they beat Luton in the first playoff. Bunch of wankers. Well done Forest!
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14776
    tFB Trader
    So no VAR in the EFL - But for a match worth millions of £'s the authorities decide to bring it in - Maybe a right/wrong decision - Yet on the day of the match, VAR probably got it right for the first penalty appeal -  Yet did not even check the 2nd decision which was a clear penalty

So 8/9 months of the season VAR is not an option - Yet we had the cameras there to make sure the game wasn't spoiled by a bad decision - So the logic of it for one game is ?????????????
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28354
    Liverpool - disappointing season. Normally 2 trophies would be good, but you have to realign to latter expectation. They were chasing and amazing 4 trophies, but 'only' got two of them, and by far the lesser two. The team were so close to immortality but ultimately failed. Didn't even equal Man U's treble. I'd have felt embarrassed having a parade ....
  • bloodandtearsbloodandtears Frets: 1735
    axisus said:
    Liverpool - disappointing season. Normally 2 trophies would be good, but you have to realign to latter expectation. They were chasing and amazing 4 trophies, but 'only' got two of them, and by far the lesser two. The team were so close to immortality but ultimately failed. Didn't even equal Man U's treble. I'd have felt embarrassed having a parade ....

The parade does seem like an anti-climax but as a Spurs fan I would be over-joyed with their season's performance..

Side-note:  They need another goalscorer if Mane does leave, they have looked impotent in the big games.. ironically the man for the finals, Origi, was let go.
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 13042
    So no VAR in the EFL - But for a match worth millions of £'s the authorities decide to bring it in - Maybe a right/wrong decision - Yet on the day of the match, VAR probably got it right for the first penalty appeal -  Yet did not even check the 2nd decision which was a clear penalty

So 8/9 months of the season VAR is not an option - Yet we had the cameras there to make sure the game wasn't spoiled by a bad decision - So the logic of it for one game is ?????????????
    VAR is a load of shit that's caused more problem then it solves. 

Get it in the bin please. 
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11431
    VAR needs a margin of error similar to cricket's umpire's call.

And it also needs the laws of the game to be revised by a committee of people who have been proven, incontrovertibly, not to have their heads stuck up their arses.

Go back to a handball being hand to ball. Go back to penalties that require a foul, not "contact". And go back to goalkeepers being called Bert or Fred, wearing a heavy sweater and a flat cap.