The Football Thread.

What's Hot

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27963
    bertie said:
    we finished above The Arse,   nothing else matters.

Until next season  :) 
    To be fair, that’s getting a bit predictable now, and hardly an indicator of great things.

I think we should have a more challenging yardstick next season

:D

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7216
    Not looking good outside the Stade at the minute. For all the people licking klopp's arse, him condoning people to go to Paris without tickets was a very bad idea.

Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10387
    edited May 2022
    tony99 said:
    Not looking good outside the Stade at the minute. For all the people licking klopp's arse, him condoning people to go to Paris without tickets was a very bad idea.

I don't think it's Klopp's fault if the authorities don't know how to manage large groups of people and act like absolute scum by tear gassing children and families. 

If people wanna go and support their team they should. 
    tony99 said:

I don't think it's Klopp's fault if the authorities don't know how to manage large groups of people and end up tear gassing children like absolute scum. 

Not sure about that mate. People turning up at a stadium without tickets?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    edited May 2022
    tony99 said:
    tony99 said:

I don't think it's Klopp's fault if the authorities don't know how to manage large groups of people and end up tear gassing children like absolute scum. 

Unless they're trying to break in en masse it's fairly normal for people to go to stadiums because they have fan parks/zones at new, modern stadiums. There's one at the London, Wembley etc. 10K Hammers turned up for West Ham v Sevilla and just congregated outside the ground.

The authorities started pepper spraying people including families and children indiscriminately, people who actually had tickets too. So there's no way I'm gonna have that. It's indefensible. It's their responsibility to ensure that things are safe for people in these situations, and they very much seem to have screwed this one up. 

Anyway, controversies aside, Liverpool are bossing this game. 
    tony99 said:
    tony99 said:

Unless they're trying to break in en masse 
    Er yeah about that.

Enjoy your game and maybe do a bit of research on what's happening inside and outside the stands later on. Plenty of vids doing the rounds.
    edited May 2022
    tony99 said:
    tony99 said:
    tony99 said:

Unless they're trying to break in en masse 
    Er yeah about that.

Enjoy your game and maybe do a bit of research on what's happening inside and outside the stands later on. Plenty of vids doing the rounds.
    I have done my research. It's all very much inconclusive right now. 

There are plenty of people saying that this escalated because there were no signs so people didn't know where to go, no stewards and the gates weren't working so people were stuck at the gates for hours and eventually got frustrated because of the huge crowds and started to climb over. What if people were being crushed? Why are people so quick to blame the fans when the organisation of this event appears to be quite poor? 

It's the responsibility of the organisers to ensure that things are safe for people in these situations, and at the very least, it seems clear they very much seem to have screwed this one up. 

I guess you can never bet against Madrid. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    So liverpool "win" 2 cups without scoring in any final? Overrated.

Well done to Madrid.  Stay safe Paris.
  • ShrewsShrews Frets: 3165
    Dad and his 9yo son on TalkSport, were there 2 hours before the match and still couldn't get in. They ended up seeing the tear gassing and the panic that unfolded. His lad is still shaking and both in tears on the radio.

Absolute shambles. Full investigation needed, but no matter what the outcome there is no need for indiscriminate tear gas unless it is a last resort to protect against serious injury or major disorder ie rioting. Just completely wrong to throw tear gas near men, women and children, who are little or no threat to the police or authorities. 

If any fans were involved in any wrongdoing they should be ashamed. Possibly there were some, but I doubt very much anywhere near the numbers that required the need for tear gas use.

Shrews said:
    Dad and his 9yo son on TalkSport, were there 2 hours before the match and still couldn't get in. They ended up seeing the tear gassing and the panic that unfolded. His lad is still shaking and both in tears on the radio.

Absolute shambles. Full investigation needed, but no matter what the outcome there is no need for indiscriminate tear gas unless it is a last resort to protect against serious injury or major disorder ie rioting. Just completely wrong to throw tear gas near men, women and children, who are little or no threat to the police or authorities. 

If any fans were involved in any wrongdoing they should be ashamed. Possibly there were some, but I doubt very much anywhere near the numbers that required the need for tear gas use.

Exactly.
    Wonder why tear gas was used then? Any reasons being given?
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5322
    French police English fans
    mgaw said:
    French police English fans
    No problems at the Madrid end then?
  • ShrewsShrews Frets: 3165
    There was not only issues at the ground but in the fan parks as well. The Real Madrid fan park failed to show the game so the Real Madrid fans tried to get into the Liverpool fan park which obviously didn't go down too well. This was reported by the assistant producer of the TalkSport show who was in the Liverpool fan park.

How can a fan park not show the game?  

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23595
    I heard two journalists on the radio, one who was there covering the build-up to the match and another who I think was there just as a punter.  They said some people did attempt to climb fences etc, but the vast majority were legitimate ticket-holders who were there for hours simply waiting to get into the stadium - and ended up getting tear-gassed just for being there.

I didn't see the match, just heard the radio commentary, but it all felt like it was completely overshadowed by the delayed start and the events outside the ground.
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4379
    TTony said:
    bertie said:
    we finished above The Arse,   nothing else matters.

Until next season   
    To be fair, that’s getting a bit predictable now, and hardly an indicator of great things.

I think we should have a more challenging yardstick next season

D

Silverwear? They aren’t very good at that. 

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3090
    Watching the game last night, I notice that the gangways at the Liverpool end were chock full of people standing on the stairs - which would indicate that the seats were full.  This says to me that either the police let hundreds in without tickets, or plenty of Liverpool folk managed to ‘jib’ their way in.  Seen several videos of Liverpool fans which are fairly damning… although not sure that justifies tear-gassing kids.  

I did raise an eyebrow when queuing in the underground tunnel to Kew Bridge station, after the Liverpool game at Brentford last year…. About a dozen large gentlemen with scouse accents barged and pushed their way to the front of the queue - and it was heaving down there, so it took some doing. There’s definitely an element at Liverpool with a “We’ll do what we want and not worry about anyone else - including our own fans” attitude.
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4747
    There’s definitely an element at Liverpool with a “We’ll do what we want and not worry about anyone else - including our own fans” attitude.
    Yeah probably the same people who have attacked opposing team buses in the last few years.  In fact there’s a bit of karma there with the result as the nutters put the window through on the on the Madrid team bus last year.  

They made a right mess of the Man City team a few years ago as well.  Pity when there’s a minority of fans who spoil things for others - all clubs have them, Liverpool have quite a lot unfortunately.  
    edited May 2022
    https://mobile.twitter.com/draper_rob/status/1530830463270518785?t=eDRdHNUQEeU2tvjkp6uIvw&s=08

Good eye witness account from the chief sports writer for the Mail on Sunday.