The Football Thread.

What's Hot

Comments

• sev112sev112 Frets: 2788
    West Ham have been known, even when very crap to lose someone the Premier League on the last day.  they play City last day. It will probably be Moyes and Paquetta’s last game.  Don’t count your chickens until they’ve crossed the road 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10269
    sev112 said:
    West Ham have been known, even when very crap to lose someone the Premier League on the last day.  they play City last day. It will probably be Moyes and Paquetta’s last game.  Don’t count your chickens until they’ve crossed the road 
    Kingmakers! 
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1755
    Come on Arsenal - Not because I don't like Spurs - I don't dislike City but it is not good if they keep on winning the PL - So a change is as good as a rest - So don't worry, I'll be cheering on Spurs when they play City in a couple of weeks time

Would love to see a great game today - 5/6 goal thriller and show us why the PL is so good 

Cherries fans - Are my old mates still injured again ? - waste of space and funds IMO - talented at times yes, but crap attitude - Adams and Sinisterra 
    They gave us very little, Sinisterra is a decent player but we are doing totally fine without them.
    With Iraola as manager we are happily overachieving without them two. Adams is so fresh he doesn't quite click with the rest of the team. Providing that he'll play more next season it may look slightly better then. If...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1474
    Very proud of my QPR today… truly thumped the mighty Leeds last night.
    So Glad Cooky's found a home there this season. He barely played in 20 games for Forest in our promotion season but is beloved by every single fan. A proper legend. 
  • LestratcasterLestratcaster Frets: 1093
    What a game between Bayern and Real Madrid. 4 goals shared and only HT in the tie.
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14328
    tFB Trader
    What a game between Bayern and Real Madrid. 4 goals shared and only HT in the tie.
    Agree- great game to watch 
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27657
    And looks like Ipswich are favourite to get promoted to the PL.
     :o 

No longer the 2nd biggest club in Suffolk!
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • LestratcasterLestratcaster Frets: 1093
    Agree- great game to watch 
    I wonder how we would have got on vs Real Madrid had we beaten Bayern
    tFB Trader
    TTony said:

And fully deserved - They have been a breath of fresh air to the EFL - Attack minded with a never say die attitude - Hope McKenna stays at Ipswich for a while, but I bet a  few 'falling' PL teams will come knocking on his door, sooner or later - The danger of that is well illustrated with the likes of Potter - They'll hire you and sack you like that 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10269
    A great game last night. Rooting for Bayern! 
    tFB Trader
    A great game last night. Rooting for Bayern! 
    I was kind of wondering who I should be rooting for - Was open minded - Just know I don't want to see PSG win the CL - Looking forward to seeing Dortmund tonight - Don't really see much of them over here
    edited May 2 tFB Trader
    Watched Dortmund v PSG last night - Who is the winger whizz kid for Dortmund - Looks quite handy with slick skills and a good attitude on the pitch - He reminds me so much of the totally useless spoilt runt who played a few games for Man U - Surely not the same person
    tFB Trader
    Reports are not looking healthy at Everton - Instead of looking at 777 for a financial bail out, they might need to turn to 999 for help and emergency

777 have recently effectively had their major source of funding taken away by US financial regulators.

They had received investment of around £2.4bn from A-Cap, a company that runs five big insurance firms in the American states of Utah and South Carolina.

But A-Cap are now understood to have been told by the governing financial authorities that they should limit their exposure to 777.

Without A-Cap’s backing, Everton’s potential new owners are likely to struggle to raise the required funds and be forced to walk away from their takeover attempt.

Everton this week have spoken to insolvency experts for help/advice regarding financial  restructuring 

The Guardian writes that 777 partners are ‘experiencing their own financial difficulties’ as well as Everton - 777 own a 'Ryan Air' budget style airline company in Australia - Called Bonza - 2 days ago they called in receivers and entered admin - With additional stories circulating about unpaid fees to aircraft lessors, in the UK, Australia and Canada

‘The move comes as the club are believed to still be waiting for a further £15m of loans that 777 had pledged to provide Everton with during April, according to one 777 source.

‘The latest loan would have taken the amount the club had borrowed from the American firm to more than £200m during the seven months since it was announced it would acquire Everton.’

The developments raise further questions regarding whether 777 will be able to complete its takeover of Everton – and how the club will be funded until the end of the season.

‘When companies fall into financial difficulties, directors are required to take professional advice and closely monitor a business’s finances to ensure that they are not trading while insolvent.

‘The Guardian understands that Teneo – a global financial advisory firm with a large insolvency division – has been approached to advise Everton and its directors.’

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27657
    ^^^ Whoops!

TBH, it'd be a shame to see Everton disappear, but the situation seems to be getting murkier and murkier, and the risks of points deductions/relegation must be increasing.
    :(

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    tFB Trader
    TTony said:
    ^^^ Whoops!

TBH, it'd be a shame to see Everton disappear, but the situation seems to be getting murkier and murkier, and the risks of points deductions/relegation must be increasing.
    :(

100% agree about a shame to see it disappear- All fans deserve a chance to follow a team , but fan’s loyalty can often be ignored by the board - As you know, the directors have a duty to trade honestly and respectfully and not allow financial negatives to escalate - But then it becomes a balancing act to avoid any insolvency during this season and the 9 point deduction that automatically comes with it - Yet acquire a few more points now and a 9 point insolvency deduction this season and it will allow them to start next season on zero - Even though fixtures finish in May I think it is a date in June when the PL finishes with regards to various admin - As such an insolvency and appropriate points deduction could still be a possibility for Everton after completing all their fixtures and know they would still be safe and in the PL next season - A fine line
  • FastEddieFastEddie Frets: 577
    TTony said:

As a life long Ipswich fan I am numb!
    It seems all too surreal if I am honest.
    Typically these are things that 'happen to other clubs' whilst we languish.

Happily, one of the coaches at my cricket club is a Budgie. I will be wearing my Ipswich shirt from 1991 at the next cricket match.

McKenna is one of the new breed.
    I'd also give a huge shout out to Liam Rosinior at Hull - speaks so well and another destined for great things.
    My hope is that Man Utd don't pinch KM.
    If I had talent, I'd be talented.
    Red meat and functional mushrooms.
    Persistent and inconsistent guitar player.
    A lefty, hence a fog of permanent frustration

Not enough guitars, pedals, and cricket bats.
    USA Deluxe Strat - Martyn Booth Special - Epi LP Custom
    FX Plex - Cornell Romany
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    FastEddie said:
    TTony said:

Happily, one of the coaches at my cricket club is a Budgie. I will be wearing my Ipswich shirt from 1991 at the next cricket match.

I'd also give a huge shout out to Liam Rosinior at Hull - speaks so well and another destined for great things.
    The fat lady is singing and quite rightly so - But there is still a sniff of a chance for us, but slight is the key word - But to be fair you deserve it - I'd rather have Leeds gone up with you and Leics stay where they are, and/or go through the play offs

Ipswich have been a breath of fresh air all season with a never say die attitude - No parachute payment - No 'stars' - Just a great belief, game plan and a fresh attack minded approach - Plus Leif Davis and god knows why we let him go

Hope KM stays with you - It would be a shame to see him move to a big club and become G Potter #2 - Your new owners aren't short of a bob or two so I'm sure they can offer some financial support to enrich the journey next season

Ref L Rosinior - When he was at Derby with Rooney, all the local chat around here was that it was LR that was the 'talent' - That has been proven with Wayne's wonderful journey at Birmingham 

I've accepted it is all over, but can I cling onto hope for a further 48 hours
  • FastEddieFastEddie Frets: 577
    FastEddie said:
    TTony said:

The fat lady is singing and quite rightly so - But there is still a sniff of a chance for us, but slight is the key word - But to be fair you deserve it - I'd rather have Leeds gone up with you and Leics stay where they are, and/or go through the play offs

Ipswich have been a breath of fresh air all season with a never say die attitude - No parachute payment - No 'stars' - Just a great belief, game plan and a fresh attack minded approach - Plus Leif Davis and god knows why we let him go

Hope KM stays with you - It would be a shame to see him move to a big club and become G Potter #2 - Your new owners aren't short of a bob or two so I'm sure they can offer some financial support to enrich the journey next season

Ref L Rosinior - When he was at Derby with Rooney, all the local chat around here was that it was LR that was the 'talent' - That has been proven with Wayne's wonderful journey at Birmingham 

That young lad, Gray looks class. Maybe that's why Davis headed south.
    You took us apart twice this year and I really never thought you would fall away. Unreal. 

I didn't know LR was behind Rooney at Derby. It makes sense what you say. Often the case. Rooney is not very bright.

I hope you do win the play-offs and stomp on the budgies on the way.

See you in the Prem.
    If I had talent, I'd be talented.
    Red meat and functional mushrooms.
    Persistent and inconsistent guitar player.
    A lefty, hence a fog of permanent frustration

Not enough guitars, pedals, and cricket bats.
    USA Deluxe Strat - Martyn Booth Special - Epi LP Custom
    FX Plex - Cornell Romany
    tFB Trader
    FastEddie said:
    FastEddie said:
    TTony said:

That young lad, Gray looks class. Maybe that's why Davis headed south.
    You took us apart twice this year and I really never thought you would fall away. Unreal. 

I didn't know LR was behind Rooney at Derby. It makes sense what you say. Often the case. Rooney is not very bright.

I hope you do win the play-offs and stomp on the budgies on the way.

See you in the Prem.
    He has a younger brother 'Harry' who is 14 at the academy who many feel is the better play - So another Gray on the way - Some great Genes in that family - Ironic that we took 12 points of Ipswich and Leics but means little in the end - Play off is a pure lottery - I should be able to get priority tickets at Leeds for the 2nd leg and fingers crossed for tickets if we make Wembley 

Good luck and just wish it wasn't Leics ( see what points deduction the PL will give them)
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7219
    It would be a terrible shame to lose Everton.

Why when it’s usually dodgy owners over- reaching or cooking the books that fans are the ones that suffer .

The club has been happily solvent for nearly 150 years and then big money comes along with the premier league and the global ‘investors’ smell profit , often the sort of people that shouldn’t be allowed to run a pub raffle too :-(