The Football Thread.

What's Hot

Comments

• munckeemunckee Frets: 12506
    As a Pompey fan I’m pleased for Southampton, I want as many southern clubs in the prem as possible. 

The fact they will be getting beat most weeks is just a bonus : ). (not really)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14676
    tFB Trader
    munckee said:
    As a Pompey fan I’m pleased for Southampton, I want as many southern clubs in the prem as possible. 

The fact they will be getting beat most weeks is just a bonus : ). (not really)
    Local derby as well now with Bournemouth

Sky will put Soton with Newcastle on a 12 noon Sat kick off or Friday night - Forgetting fans might want to go
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27860

Sky will put Soton with Newcastle on a 12 noon Sat kick off or Friday night - Forgetting fans might want to go
    Sky don't make any money from fans who actually go to games, but fixing kick off times to make it hard for fans to get to a game might push a few more into a subscription. ;)
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9969
    I didn't think I minded who won the play off today but actually I was a bit disappointed to see that Soton won. I'm not sure why and whether it's even a rational reason (sorry to any Saints fans here). 
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23533
    Pleased for Russell Martin.  I wish we'd kept him at Swansea.
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2842
    Can West Ham have Flynn Downes back now, he would be a good replacement for Paquetta ….

ezcept he’s not going to Man City any more …

but then he’s not going to be playing for anyone for the next year …
    sev112 said:

but then he’s not going to be playing for anyone for the next year …
    Wanna bet on that?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1768
    Well done Saints! 
  • Flanging_FredFlanging_Fred Frets: 3115
    Very happy Saints fan here. it’s great to have won a big game for a change. With both Pompey and Crawley getting promoted it’s been a decent season for the southern clubs.

I must admit that the championship is/was more interesting, fun and lacking a lot of the tiresome hype/bullshit surrounding the Premier League. I wonder if there is an option to win promotion and then turn it down?  :o

I don’t think Saints are really ready for the PL next season and it’s going to be a slog at best. I bet all the terrible players that stunk the place out in the relegation season all want to come back from their loans now.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Maresca to Chelsea is supposedly happening.

Apparently he was concerned that Leicester would get hit with a points deduction under FFP (or whatever they're called) rules next season, so decided to jump ship to Chelsea.

Frying pan, fire?
  • cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2648
    Not a football update as such, but my son and I went to the Palace Beer Festival at the weekend. The vibe is buzzing around Selhurst at the moment and this was evident in the conversations we had with other fans. 

Season tickets confirmed for another year and I have to say the most hopeful season for me in a long time.
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7310
    cruxiform said:
    Not a football update as such, but my son and I went to the Palace Beer Festival at the weekend. The vibe is buzzing around Selhurst at the moment and this was evident in the conversations we had with other fans. 

Season tickets confirmed for another year and I have to say the most hopeful season for me in a long time.
    I wizd you but I’m trying to stay the right side of excited as this is Palace we are talking about - alway destined to shoot ourselves in the foot or suffer from really bad luck at the worst time possible 
    TTony said:

Apparently he was concerned that Leicester would get hit with a points deduction under FFP (or whatever they're called) rules next season, so decided to jump ship to Chelsea.

Frying pan, fire?
    Yeah, but he'll be paid loads of money for a few months, plus a decent compensation package when they sack him.  Win win.
    Philly_Q said:
    TTony said:

Frying pan, fire?
    Yeah, but he'll be paid loads of money for a few months, plus a decent compensation package when they sack him.  Win win.
    Then he can come back to his spiritual home at West Brom when Corberan gets poached by Leicester!
    Philly_Q said:
    TTony said:

Frying pan, fire?
    Then he can come back to his spiritual home at West Brom when Corberan gets poached by Leicester!
    I hadn't realised he'd played at West Brom!
  • cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2648
    cruxiform said:

I wizd you but I’m trying to stay the right side of excited as this is Palace we are talking about - alway destined to shoot ourselves in the foot or suffer from really bad luck at the worst time possible 
    Indeed, I'm always waiting for the wheels to come off!

What made me smile is that a picture came up on my FB memories today, the play off final in 2013. Both my son and I enjoying the match at Wembley.

Thank the lord for Kevin Phillips, and Wilf who got us the penalty. My lad is 21 now and a fanatical Place fan, he was 10 then. We were at the Brighton game before and saw Wilf score the two goals that got us to Wembley. Great times and great memories for him.
    edited May 27
    Philly_Q said:
    Philly_Q said:
    TTony said:

Frying pan, fire?
    I hadn't realised he'd played at West Brom!
    He was only about 18, we signed him and an older Italian player at the same time to be his mentor I think (when we used to play in the Anglo-Italian cup, remember that blast from the past?).

We sold him for about £4.5 million which was a lot back then, to Juventus. He was head and shoulders above most of the dross we had at the time (when we nearly got relegated from the championship in late 90s) and his sale basically kept us afloat if I remember correctly
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7310
    edited May 27
    cruxiform said:
    cruxiform said:

Indeed, I'm always waiting for the wheels to come off!

What made me smile is that a picture came up on my FB memories today, the play off final in 2013. Both my son and I enjoying the match at Wembley.

Thank the lord for Kevin Phillips, and Wilf who got us the penalty. My lad is 21 now and a fanatical Place fan, he was 10 then. We were at the Brighton game before and saw Wilf score the two goals that got us to Wembley. Great times and great memories for him.
    Wow , exactly the same for me and my lad but he’s 24 and doesn’t care about football at all now despite that Wembley experience .. My grandad took my Dad to watch Palace , my Dad took me , I took my lad but that’s where it ends unfortunately :-(
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14676
    tFB Trader
    Looks like Dortmund will be financially better off if they loose the CL final to R Madrid,  compared to winning it - Thanks to various payment/bonus perks within the arrangements of the transfer of Bellingham - I assume Brum will get the odd perk as well
    Had to smile at this headline ...

It's re Ndombelazygit.

Presumably, "a suitable buyer" means anyone who's not seen him (not) play in the past 4years and has a spare 50p.

Worst buy, ever.
    LazyGit.png 31.8K