The Football Thread.

What's Hot

Comments

• mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4691
    Just said to mrs 
    it’s gonna be one of those games , Dortmund better team but Real will sucker punch them and win 

and they have scored 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NightswanNightswan Frets: 1488
    And that will be that. I knew Dortmund would regret missing all those chances in the first half.
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14750
    tFB Trader
    Well since they went 1-0 up they have started to turn it on 
    2-0  - Surely job done 
  • LestratcasterLestratcaster Frets: 1123
    Good final to watch, was going to say Bellingham's done fuck all so far but laid on the pass for the 2nd goal. Madrid have that jammy bastard syndrome where they will find a way to win, they've been there many times and know how to do it.
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10387
    edited June 1
    I was thinking a while ago that Dortmund wouldn't be able to keep it up, and they came out without the same fire in the second half and Real have just soaked it all up and done it again. What a club Real Madrid are and what a manager Ancelloti is. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 13036
    Listening to the punditry it's absolutely incredible how Jude Bellingham single handedly won the Champions League. 

Pass the fucking sickbag. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Good to see a team play in all white and win at Wembley this season

Nice interview with Jude - Appeared humble at what he had just been part off - And note no ego's on display in that team - RM looks like a team - But will that change next season when ego boy arrives with his big chip on his shoulder - On that basis I hope this will be the last CL for RM for a while - But they are one hell of a team
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7215
    Good to see a team play in all white and win at Wembley this season

Nice interview with Jude - Appeared humble at what he had just been part off - And note no ego's on display in that team - RM looks like a team - But will that change next season when ego boy arrives with his big chip on his shoulder - On that basis I hope this will be the last CL for RM for a while - But they are one hell of a team
    What makes you think egg boy has a chip?
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27943
    Mourinho to Fenerbahce.

How the mighty have fallen ...
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    tFB Trader
    TTony said:
    Mourinho to Fenerbahce.

How the mighty have fallen ...
    Did you see him at his press conference - Seriously OTT from him and the fans
    Southgate to ManU (after the Euros, obviously)?

I’d love to see his fast, creative, exciting, attacking football at ManU …
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 7034
    edited June 5
    City showing their true colours, very classy move… it’s disgusting how they’ve been limited from using their oil money to buy success….

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/crggez4w209o

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    Best form of defence is attack?

ManU must be pretty pissed off though.  They used to be the most hated team in the PL, but now City have taken that title too.

:(
    TTony said:

ManU must be pretty pissed off though.  They used to be the most hated team in the PL, but now City have taken that title too.

:(
    Can we just hate Manchester, or the entire North West (let’s include Liverpool) anyway?
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    Some parts of the NW are OK.

But you make a good point about Liverpool.
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9997
    TTony said:
    I thought they usually favoured the cynical niggly fouls when they lose possession :)
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    TTony said:
    I thought they usually favoured the cynical niggly fouls when they lose possession :)
    City are going to ask for the offside rule to be removed next as that is preventing them from scoring goals... ;)
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    tFB Trader
    mrkb said:
    City showing their true colours, very classy move… it’s disgusting how they’ve been limited from using their oil money to buy success….

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/crggez4w209o

So we have a fair voting system amongst the 20 Premier League clubs - Simple rule - 1 vote each and 14 votes required to pass changes - All current PL teams are the share holders - So in a few days time, Burnley, Luton, Sheff U will automatically be replaced by Soton, Leics and Ipswich - So now Man City appear to be effectively saying that this is not a fair vote, a fair process and nothing demographic about it and they now feel they are being discriminated against 

This case, to be discussed at the meeting is not about the 100 plus cases than Man City will have to answer, at a hearing in due course, but a case of do the PL and its shareholders have the right to make up and amend such rules and for these to be signed off by at least 14, out of 20 equal shareholders - If City win, this it effectively undermines the whole PL structure, authority and voting rights

The Times reporter (and I forget his name now) understands that Man City have one major ally in this debate but he would not say who it was, at this stage - My hunch is Newcastle, for obvious reasons 

The rule in question was effectively about 'additional' funding/sponsorship that is classified as OTT - ie - If you sign a shirt deal with say Adidas and the sponsor is TeamViewer and the sponsor  agrees a deal worth around 50 million over 5 years then that is considered an 'appropriate' fair market price - On that basis you can't have Man City agreeing a deal with Etihad for say 500 million, again on a 5 year deal - It is unfair and not representative of a fair market price - It makes such transactions unfair, hence the PL rule about associated party transaction (APT) rules - It is this rule that all 20 PL teams/shareholders signed up to, but now Man City want to say it is illegal  

If City win this it will seriously under mine so much of what the whole equal share holders vote on and the PL's authority  - Which then in due course will under mind the PL's authority to question Man City about the other 115 charges at a later date - In effect Man City are testing the waters  
  • blobbblobb Frets: 3117
    They obviously think they are guilty of the 115 charges then?
    Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9997
    They undoubtedly are, I don't think they'd have been surprised to be accused of it as they'll have been already working on the loopholes and workarounds for the rules for quite some time. It'll just be a case of whether their lawyers and account fiddling brains will outwit the FA's really I suppose, which even as I say it sounds depressingly likely
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic