Comments

• SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 2040
    Confused football with judo
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2859
    Southgate to Scotland …..?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ewalewal Frets: 2656
    No thanks. Hope Steve calls it a day though. That was the most conservative, cautious and negative game plan. Talk of control of the game in first half - utter balls - we were so pedestrian - a primary school team could've dealt with that.

I know people will talk of lack of ability - we're not world-beaters but we are seriously better than that.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7834
    I was watching the swiss game... at half time bbc said we were going to show highlights of Scotland game but there haven't been any!
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 13047
    Unfortunate injuries, a howler of a refereeing decision and most importantly Steve Clarke being the most negative manager on the planet all aligning at the worst possible time for Scotland. Frustrating. 

• mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4693
    Horrible performance 
    the team was set up to be able to play Tierney and Robertson at the same time. When Tierney was injured we should have changed it, 3 lumps of centre halves does not make for good football. 

And the Pen decision from the Argentinian ref was just bizarre to say the least. That pen gets given ( and we score it ) we don’t have to change system, we don’t end up with midfielders at full back. It was a massive ( and wrong) decision 
  • ewalewal Frets: 2656
    The penalty decision was bad, but the damage had been done before that, with the overly cautious approach.

Clarke has to admit he got the game plan wrong. Even against Switzerland, it was glaringly obvious the team wasn't creating chances. The players who didn't get on, James Forrest for example, must seriously wonder about Clarke's management and reluctance to change things, either within or between games.

Serial losers. Out with a whimper. Pathetic.
  • ShrewsShrews Frets: 3181
    I thought they were good (for Scotland!).

Moyes to take over and get them playing strong, difficult-to-play-against football, and a really great World Cup in 2 years time. Lots to look forward to.

Tonight England will butcher Slovenia with an excellent 4-0. Kane hat trick and Bellingham masterclass. No changes. TrentAA to score within the first 10mins from a free kick.

Denmark 3 Serbia 0

Serbia go for it but it costs them early on in the game and a 2nd before half-time. A 3rd late in the 2nd half on the break. 
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 13047
    ewal said:
    The penalty decision was bad, but the damage had been done before that, with the overly cautious approach.

Clarke has to admit he got the game  wrong. Even against Switzerland, it was glaringly obvious the team wasn't creating chances. The players who didn't get on, James Forrest for example, must seriously wonder about Clarke's management and reluctance to change things, either within or between games.

Serial losers. Out with a whimper. Pathetic.
    Clarke will never admit that. 

You could see from his (embarrassing) post match comments - he thinks he did everything right and he was robbed by the ref. That's the narrative - not that showing zero attacking intent for 260 of our 270 minutes might be a problem. 
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14789
    tFB Trader
    I'll say one thing about the Scots and that game, they sure made it into a drama and milked it to the end

I've seen worse penalties not given but looked like enough in it for it to be given in Armstrong's favour - But wearing my sour faced shirt, he scored at Wembley recently for Soton so he can sod off 

However, now that we know Varga is fine and you can see the incident then I think a bully like reckless attack by the keeper goes un-punished - He was certainly not in control of his 'movements' - Keepers get away with it in such situations - If any defender did that to the attacking team, or indeed any attacker ran at pace, out of control and caught the keeper like that, then they'd be looking at a straight red - Not blaming Gunn specifically on this, but I'm blaming the goal keepers union and officials, as they appear to be the only players who get away with it 
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27982
    Shrews said:

Moyes to take over and get them playing strong, difficult-to-play-against football, 
    Can I just be the first to say ...

MOYES OOT
    :D
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4693
    I'll say one thing about the Scots and that game, they sure made it into a drama and milked it to the end

I've seen worse penalties not given but looked like enough in it for it to be given in Armstrong's favour - But wearing my sour faced shirt, he scored at Wembley recently for Soton so he can sod off 

However, now that we know Varga is fine and you can see the incident then I think a bully like reckless attack by the keeper goes un-punished - He was certainly not in control of his 'movements' - Keepers get away with it in such situations - If any defender did that to the attacking team, or indeed any attacker ran at pace, out of control and caught the keeper like that, then they'd be looking at a straight red - Not blaming Gunn specifically on this, but I'm blaming the goal keepers union and officials, as they appear to be the only players who get away with it 
    Stay classy Leeds fans 
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10387
    Shrews said:
    Tonight England will butcher Slovenia with an excellent 4-0. Kane hat trick and Bellingham masterclass. No changes. TrentAA to score within the first 10mins from a free kick.
    Tomorrow night! 
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 16071
    Scotland are The Albion Rovers of Europe

Players look like 14 year olds with no confidence or vision

It's nothing to do with the fact we only have a player pool of 6milion
    Glasgow Celtic lifted the EU cup and ALL of the squad lived within an eight mile radius of the stadium

Best fans in the world, worst players

game over
    tae be or not tae be
    tFB Trader

Stay classy Leeds fans 
    Of course, but you forget everyone hates us, so at times we can pay back our thoughts as well - But I bet if you asked Armstrong, you can earn a penalty for Scotland in the Euro's that might send them thru' to the next round, or score the winner at Wembley for Soton and win promotion to the PL - You can only pick one - I bet I know which he'd choose
    tFB Trader
    Shrews said:
    Tomorrow night! 
    And TAA won't be playing - For God's sake I hope he won't be playing - Certainly in that midfield role
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27982
    Of course, but you forget everyone hates us, 
    I don't.

It seems like a incredible waste of emotion to "hate" another football team.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    tFB Trader
    TTony said:
    Of course, but you forget everyone hates us, 
    I don't.

It seems like a incredible waste of emotion to "hate" another football team.
    You are right and it is only the tribal nature of football that takes you down such routes - The only 2 teams I genuinely dislike are Derby and Chelsea - Compared to those two, Man U are a fav of mine !!!!!!!!!!!!

But we can all get 'peed' off by current situations as they happen - ie Man City constant winning and no punishment for clever 'alleged' book keeping activities 

But you'll be telling me next that you and Arsenal and secret buddies 
  • RockerRocker Frets: 5028
    Ignoring the incredible penalty decision, only one team tried to win the match - Hungary. In the second half, the first half was dire, Hungary attacked and attacked even if most of the through balls were over hit. But they kept at it, kept on plugging away. The Scottish keeper made two match saving saves near the 90th minute and Hungary hit the post with the keeper beaten. Scotland played for a draw which might have been enough to progress but Hungary played to win. The better team did win the game at the end. It pains me to say this but playing as they did, it would be a travesty if Scotland made the KO stages of the Euros at the expense of Hungary. 
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• ShrewsShrews Frets: 3181
    It could be worse, Wales and NI didn't even qualify.

Scotland NEED Moyes, because honestly it really doesn't matter if the football isn't great at international level for a country not expected to do anything. All that matters is that you get results.

Moyes, will get you qualified, through the Group phase, through the 2nd round and into the quarters. You may even take a big scalp along the way. 

As for today, Italy to win 1-0, Spain to win 2-0 and nothing really to get excited about.