The Football Thread.

What's Hot

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27965

It seems like a incredible waste of emotion to "hate" another football team.
    You are right and it is only the tribal nature of football that takes you down such routes -

But that route leads to the violence that was seen in the 70s (and to a lesser extent 80s) and is still a theme in some of the "Ultras" gangs that follow some national teams around.

But you'll be telling me next that you and Arsenal and secret buddies 
    I can respect some aspects of most teams - including Arsenal - at different times.  For example; the way that their Board stood by Arteta in his first season and the trust that they put in some younger players.  I can see more positives in Arsenal than the modern Chelsea or ManC businesses.

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • S56035S56035 Frets: 1249
    Hootsmon said:
    Scotland are The Albion Rovers of Europe

Players look like 14 year olds with no confidence or vision

It's nothing to do with the fact we only have a player pool of 6milion
    Glasgow Celtic lifted the EU cup and ALL of the squad lived within an eight mile radius of the stadium

Best fans in the world, worst players

game over
    What is an "EU cup"?
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14764
    tFB Trader
    S56035 said:
    Hootsmon said:

Glasgow Celtic lifted the EU cup and ALL of the squad lived within an eight mile radius of the stadium

game over
    What is an "EU cup"?
    European Cup before they changed the name to Champions League 
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 16070
    Oh, it's a grand old team tae play for and it's a grand old team tae see....
    tae be or not tae be
  • S56035S56035 Frets: 1249
    S56035 said:
    Hootsmon said:

game over
    What is an "EU cup"?
    European Cup before they changed the name to Champions League 
    I was being facetious. 
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4747
    Schnozz said:
    Pulling a player from the opposing team on top you doesn't result in a pen unfortunately.
    He'd already been fouled at that point.  The sequence of events were a knee to the back of the attackers leg initially then as he goes down he pulls the defender down with him.  Clear pen imo, should have at least gone to VAR.  If it did it would have been given.

Scotland should have had 'clear penalty' - Shearer | Uefa Euro 2024 | BBC Sport (youtube.com)

(127) OUTRAGEOUS DECISION!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Big game for Croatia tonight - anything but a win v Italy and they are home - Think with their negative goal diff, 2 points won't get them thru' as a best loser 
    edited June 24 tFB Trader
    Scotland game - Do we know if VAR actually reviewed it - Can’t recall the review message coming on the screen  - If it didn’t go to VAR then you need to ask why and who/what determines that further investigation required 

if it did go to var then would be nice for them to tell us their thought process- They need to be accountable as well 
  • ewalewal Frets: 2649
    The ball was in play for a good while after the incident, which sort of confused the matter. I don't remember seeing a message on screen though.

I don't feel hard done by though. We deserved to go out.
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2857
    What's Scotlands population versus , I don't know let me pick someone , errrr Croatia, another small Country 
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27965
    Scotland game - Do we know if VAR actually reviewed it - 
    The VAR team clocks off at 90mins.  When it was brought in, UEFA didn’t want to pay their overtime rates.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    edited June 24 tFB Trader
    Still surprised so little talk about Gunn and his out of control reckless attack - Probable red card if a defender or attacker had have charged into such a combat area with no control - keepers get away with such reckless challenges but outfield players are rightly punished 

Varga may well be fortunate it wasn’t worse 

Wont be the first or last time but keepers need to be punished for such aggressive out of control movements - You tell me the difference between that and a 2 footed out of control lunge 

tFB Trader
    Well as it stands between Cro and Ita I’ll be glad when it’s over- Poor game- Surprised no passion taking into account a trip back home otherwise 
  • ewalewal Frets: 2649
    sev112 said:
    What's Scotlands population versus , I don't know let me pick someone , errrr Croatia, another small Country 
    Scotland 5.8m, Croatia 3.8m. Denmark are very similar in size to Scotland. Norway too. However looking at the list, these countries punch above their weight big time. The other mitigating factor is that at any given point in time about 2m Scots are off their tits on one of alcohol, coke, weed, something stronger, or a combination of the above.

For a society that purports to love watching sport, we don't half do a bad job of raising healthy people.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • swillerswiller Frets: 1414
    Scotland fans and their conduct in germany are best in tournament imho. 200k going over so many without tickets, just  blasting out bagpipes and friendly drinking. Id like an under arm bagpipe interface for tone, volume, wah wah etc.
    Dont worry, be silly.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16377
    swiller said:
    Scotland fans and their conduct in germany are best in tournament imho. 200k going over so many without tickets, just  blasting out bagpipes and friendly drinking. Id like an under arm bagpipe interface for tone, volume, wah wah etc.
    For anyone on here who is looking forward to some new music by Cardinal Black (I'm going to suggest reasonably familiar to many people on guitar forums as they have YouTuber Chris Buck on guitar) one of their tracks features (ex Labour campaign director) Alistair Campbell on bagpipes.

ewal said:
    sev112 said:
    Scotland 5.8m, Croatia 3.8m. Denmark are very similar in size to Scotland. Norway too. However looking at the list, these countries punch above their weight big time. The other mitigating factor is that at any given point in time about 2m Scots are off their tits on one of alcohol, coke, weed, something stronger, or a combination of the above.

For a society that purports to love watching sport, we don't half do a bad job of raising healthy people.
    As mentioned about twenty pages back on here Denmark is a lot flatter than Scotland so probably better for practicing football. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    tFB Trader
    Modric - you gotta love the guy - Misses the penalty and makes up for it 20 seconds later 

Didn’t he miss a penalty in the last WC
    tFB Trader
    swiller said:
    Totally agree with you- Compare that to our fans on so many occasions 
  • LionAquaLooperLionAquaLooper Frets: 1270
    Modric - you gotta love the guy - Misses the penalty and makes up for it 20 seconds later 

Didn’t he miss a penalty in the last WC
    Against Brazil in Qatar 2022? No he scored in that shootout. 
    His memorable miss was in 2008. 
    I wonder if he got as much abuse from Croatian media as much as England players do when they miss penalties. 
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1777
    Unbelievable! 

Some last minute daggers last couple of days!