Star Wars: Obi Wan Kenobi.

What's Hot

Comments

• sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1306
    .... And they didn't even have the decency to tilt the camera from side to side for the onboard shots!!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6394
    Spoiler alert:

Last episode, puffs of smoke from blasts from the Star Destroyer following and shooting at Obi-Wan? Puffs of smoke that dissipated like they do in atmosphere? Does that happen in space?

Plus Obi-Wan's ship was wobbling around like it was on strings like a 50s sci-fi movie.

Every Sci Fi Tv/movie ever made has ships banking when they turn - they don't need to bank in a vacuum !

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27133
    Jalapeno said:
    Spoiler alert:

Last episode, puffs of smoke from blasts from the Star Destroyer following and shooting at Obi-Wan? Puffs of smoke that dissipated like they do in atmosphere? Does that happen in space?

Plus Obi-Wan's ship was wobbling around like it was on strings like a 50s sci-fi movie.

Every Sci Fi Tv/movie ever made has ships banking when they turn - they don't need to bank in a vacuum !

Surely that depends how their propulsion systems work? If they can pivot faster in an up/down direction than a left/right one then they'd be more agile turning by banking, right?
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72486
    Jalapeno said:

Nothing to do with being in a vacuum - they have to bank otherwise the artificial gravity that holds the crew to the floor of the film set wouldn't work properly and they'd all fall over.

I haven't worked out why they don't fall over when the ship accelerates along its long axis though. Hmmmm....

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26651
    ICBM said:

I haven't worked out why they don't fall over when the ship accelerates along its long axis though. Hmmmm....
    Inertial dampers.

Or is that the wrong franchise? :D
    <space for hire>
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10256
    Hmm. It was alright

It seems pretty silly to leave him weakened like that again. And probably even more angry at the loss and more determined to find him. The continuity between the different films and series are completely broken now. Beyond repair. 

• sev112sev112 Frets: 2776
    edited June 2022

• sev112sev112 Frets: 2776
    Was good to see a fight that wasn’t just light sabre slapping and jumping about, very very good I thiught

• VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15556
    so, finally caught the last episode, very good, really well done. TBH, I'm gonna just gloss over the plot, well not sure you can call them holes anymore, they're so fucking huge, have to start calling them plot chasms. I'm gonna gloss over the plot chasms and just enjoy it for what it was. I think the writers took the ST Voyager's writers attitude about continuity; fuck it, fuck it to hell. 

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• tekbowtekbow Frets: 1699
    I just have the weirdest feeling we're not done with OWK as a TV show yet.

That ending, which I rather liked, felt a bit "more to come"
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11461
    tekbow said:
    I just have the weirdest feeling we're not done with OWK as a TV show yet.

That ending, which I rather liked, felt a bit "more to come"

You may well be right.

They left a loose end with the Moses Ingram character as well.  It wouldn't surprise me to see her turn up in something else.
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7207
    I’d like to see some more of the Haja character too. I thought he was good in a Better call Saul bumbling flawed good guy way 
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4148
    ICBM said:
    stickyfiddle said:

We know that all the main characters make it out alive (though I wonder if OWK may get force-zapped to look older at some point) so it's just about spending some time with beloved characters.
    It would actually have been better if it was set a little earlier, especially as neither of the kids look even close to 10. I'm guessing there will be a scene in which he calls Anakin 'Darth' as well, in order to fit with their meeting in Star Wars...

Or maybe not, and that's just accepted as a bit of a discontinuity.
    Vivien Lyra Blair (Leia) is 10yo irl; 9yo during filming. I haven’t seen anything about Grant Feeley’s (Luke) irl age yet.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72486
    guitargeek62 said:

Vivien Lyra Blair (Leia) is 10yo irl; 9yo during filming. I haven’t seen anything about Grant Feeley’s (Luke) irl age yet.
    I found that out too. She’s very young-looking for her age, I would have put her at 7 or 8 going by my kids...

The other big chronological problem is the other way round - Moses Ingram is 28, so too old to be a grown-up youngling only 10 years later.

But never mind. If you try to overanalyse it you just fall down plot holes the size of a planet, as already said :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16298
    Watched the last one. 
    Fill half of it with fight sequences with no tension or jeopardy and do a bit of admin to bring it back to where you expect. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5776
    It entertained me. Would recommend. 
  • tekbowtekbow Frets: 1699
    To round this one out.

Infantile as fuck. But also chuckle worthy.

• GandalphGandalph Frets: 1592
    edited July 2022
    Just finished binge watching this a few minutes ago. 

Wow! I thought it was freakin' awesome. 

Imo you can forget what went before, (although I did quite enjoy Rogue One) the last 45 mins/1 hour of Revenge of The Sith, coupled with this make the perfect prelude to A New Hope.

Yes I could go through it in more detail and pick out the inconsistencies but right now I don't care about any of those. It got close to hitting that same emotive spot the original did when I was a nipper and that'll do for me.

I've kept away from this thread as I didn't want to read any spoilers but I'll go back and read all the other comments tomorrow with interest.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11800
    Jalapeno said:
    Spoiler alert:

Surely that depends how their propulsion systems work? If they can pivot faster in an up/down direction than a left/right one then they'd be more agile turning by banking, right?
    If they add forward momentum while turning then the ship can bank if it needs to, just not in the same way aircraft do where they turn against resistance from the air.

Some other stuff in SW might make sense if they have no artificial gravity in the fighters, like the little half roll to avoid negative G when they attack the Death Star.

In shows where ships do turn on their axis, like babylon 5 or nu bsg, it allows them to strafe more safely, but they maintain a constant speed and direction while doing it, which is... risky.

When they combine it with applying power though, they would be a devil to hit.

You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11461
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom