Glastonbury 2022 - 50th anniversary

What's Hot
guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14239
in Off Topic tFB Trader
So who are you looking forward to seeing this year via various channels - Assuming we are watching at home and not in the field

To be honest I have somewhat of an open mind with regards to new acts I've never heard of, so looking to find something fresh - Looking forward to seeing Crowded House and will certainly watch Macca (I assume there will be some guest appearance as well )
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JMS96JMS96 Frets: 137
    Can’t wait for it. I’m really into the collective Macca love fest at the moment. Lapping it up.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    Not a lot in it for me. 

Possibly watch Macca and FM just cause they are on the telly.
    I’d have a look at Robert Plant, Supergrass, The Hoosiers (excellent when I saw them live), The Undertones and St Vincent. 
    If everything is on I’d definitely watch Ziggy Marley, Richard Thompson, Seth Lakeman, Snarky Puppy, Imelda May and Hollie Cook. 

Not spotted any notable blues artists and we’ve usually had someone at the festival. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14239
    tFB Trader
    Not a lot in it for me. 

I’d have a look at Robert Plant, Supergrass, The Hoosiers (excellent when I saw them live), The Undertones and St Vincent. 
    If everything is on I’d definitely watch Ziggy Marley, Richard Thompson, Seth Lakeman, Snarky Puppy, Imelda May and Hollie Cook. 

Not spotted any notable blues artists and we’ve usually had someone at the festival. 
    did not know Imelda was on - will look out for that, but not sure what her 'style' is at the  moment - Likewise I've not seen any blues act listed that I know of 
    Not a lot in it for me. 

did not know Imelda was on - will look out for that, but not sure what her 'style' is at the  moment - Likewise I've not seen any blues act listed that I know of 
    I saw her live about three years ago and there was a lot from her solo album plus a few rockabilly choons. She had another modern rock/ ballad album in 2021 so probably some from that. In short, not much of the rockabilly stuff she was known for at a guess. She’s covered a few different styles and has some high profile mates so it might have some surprises. 
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4173
    edited June 2022
  • RedlesterRedlester Frets: 1072
    Puppet Show and Spinal Tap. 
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4309
    Philtre said:
    He’s a DJ in his spare time. Done it for years. I think he plays trance or techno. 

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12365
    CHRISB50 said:
    Philtre said:
    He’s a DJ in his spare time. Done it for years. I think he plays trance or techno. 
    He’s a big Magma fan as well, he’s obviously more interesting than he seems. 
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4173
    edited June 2022
    boogieman said:
    CHRISB50 said:
    Philtre said:
    He’s a big Magma fan as well, he’s obviously more interesting than he seems. 

And Hatfield and the North, Robert Wyatt, and Gong.

Quite interesting, actually.
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    Hoping to catch The Waterboys, Suzanne Vega, Lianne La Havas and Foals.
    And Sir Paul.... of course.
  • Devil#20Devil#20 Frets: 1937
    I don't get all this looking forward to Paul McCartney. His voice is pretty much non-existent nowadays. He's struggles with a whole octave. It's embarrassing. A few need need to call it a day and he's definitely one of them.  

Ian

Lowering my expectations has succeeded beyond my wildest dreams.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • the_jaffathe_jaffa Frets: 1796
    Not a lot in it for me. 

FM?
  • photekphotek Frets: 1463
    It’s Brian Kennedy, Terry Reid and Andy C for me :+1: 
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4670
    Wolf Alice , st Vincent , sleaford mods , the idles , LTJ Bukem , Wet Leg 

plenty I would like to see 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22815
    So who are you looking forward to seeing this year via various channels - Assuming we are watching at home and not in the field
    Honestly, nobody.  I've just scrolled though the whole list of acts and there are a few I like, but I'm not going to spend ages trying to figure out if I can find their sets online.

Of course there are dozens and dozens of artists I've never heard of, no doubt some of them are excellent, but I'll probably never find out.
    the_jaffa said:
    Not a lot in it for me. 

FM?
    Fleetwood Mac. My apologies if I misled anyone into thinking the 1980s rock band FM were headlining Glastonbury. 
    By way of compensation…

https://youtu.be/gOy-weuyAr0
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22815
    the_jaffa said:
    Not a lot in it for me. 

FM?
    Fleetwood Mac. My apologies if I misled anyone into thinking the 1980s rock band FM were headlining Glastonbury. 

That was, honestly, who I thought of.  Merv Goldsworthy and that.  Fleetwood Mac never crossed my mind.
  • roundthebendroundthebend Frets: 1137
    Brass Against is the only one I noted in a brief look.
    I'll be watching over the weekend and will enjoy quite a few I bet.
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6683
    Redlester said:
    Puppet Show and Spinal Tap. 
    If I told them once, I told them a hundred times....
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 983
    https://glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/line-up/line-up-2022/?stage

I only realised today that the festival is on this weekend. Was it not as heavily advertised as previous years?

Main acts I want to see & I hope are available on the BBC iPlayer are: Shy FX, The Shires, TLC, Lianne La Havas, Ziggy Marley, Billie Eilish, AJ Tracey, Herbie Hancock & Kendrick Lamar.