Glastonbury 2022 - 50th anniversary

What's Hot

Comments

• UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12930
    Devil#20 said:
    I don't get all this looking forward to Paul McCartney. His voice is pretty much non-existent nowadays. He's struggles with a whole octave. It's embarrassing. A few need need to call it a day and he's definitely one of them.  
    Pains me to say it but I agree. 

Saw him in 2016 and for a man who has been an a-list entertainer for 50 years he had zero stage presence (you could literally hear the pauses as he read the right bits off the autocue) and the set list is/was clearly chosen on what he's physically up to these days.

'here's another slow number by Wings..." oh, goody. 

Me and my mates left early, it was that bad. Thankfully it meant we were spared the forty-five minute "just one more time" version of Hey Jude. Lionel Richie was on beforehand and absolutely smashed it too, just made Macca seem even more depressing in comparison. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12414
    Devil#20 said:
    I don't get all this looking forward to Paul McCartney. His voice is pretty much non-existent nowadays. He's struggles with a whole octave. It's embarrassing. A few need need to call it a day and he's definitely one of them.  
    I was there last time he headlined, he was going through the motions until it started being broadcast live and he wasnt that good then. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16298
    Brass Against is the only one I noted in a brief look.
    I'll be watching over the weekend and will enjoy quite a few I bet.
    I hadn’t noticed Brass Against were on. My son is a big fan and I’ve seen them live, sort of fun. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    I choose not to watch Man Utd when they're on the telly, but I don't bang on about how rubbish they've become.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6265
    I enjoy the coverage, and have it on pretty much constantly. Not fussed about any of the main acts, but there are usually some interesting bands on.

Squid are worth a watch - very good, sort of Television ish,
    My daughter's friend is playing - Mush, which is cool.

I'm more interested in the fact that my daughter's band, Minds Idle, are playing a sold out headline gig at the Leadmill on Saturday. How damned cool is that?! That's where we will be. No doubt filling up with pride and trying not to look like I'm crying! 
    0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5539
    Philly_Q said:
    the_jaffa said:
    Not a lot in it for me. 

Possibly watch Macca and FM just cause they are on the telly.
    I’d have a look at Robert Plant, Supergrass, The Hoosiers (excellent when I saw them live), The Undertones and St Vincent. 
    If everything is on I’d definitely watch Ziggy Marley, Richard Thompson, Seth Lakeman, Snarky Puppy, Imelda May and Hollie Cook. 

Not spotted any notable blues artists and we’ve usually had someone at the festival. 
    FM?
    Fleetwood Mac. My apologies if I misled anyone into thinking the 1980s rock band FM were headlining Glastonbury. 

That was, honestly, who I thought of.  Merv Goldsworthy and that.  Fleetwood Mac never crossed my mind.
    Fleetwood Mac aren't playing. They'd be headlining if they were.
    It's Fleetmac Wood who are on the Greenpeace stage...
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6394
    Robert Plant & Alison Krauss, Snarky Puppy, Imelda May and St Vincent are my must-watch acts - BBC2 Fri already set to record RP & AK.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16298
    DiscoStu said:
    Philly_Q said:
    the_jaffa said:
    Not a lot in it for me. 

I’d have a look at Robert Plant, Supergrass, The Hoosiers (excellent when I saw them live), The Undertones and St Vincent. 
    If everything is on I’d definitely watch Ziggy Marley, Richard Thompson, Seth Lakeman, Snarky Puppy, Imelda May and Hollie Cook. 

Not spotted any notable blues artists and we’ve usually had someone at the festival. 
    FM?
    Fleetwood Mac. My apologies if I misled anyone into thinking the 1980s rock band FM were headlining Glastonbury. 

That was, honestly, who I thought of.  Merv Goldsworthy and that.  Fleetwood Mac never crossed my mind.
    I googled the line up and Fleetwood Mac came up. Seems they were due to headline one of the nights but it got cancelled months back. Must have been an out of date listing I looked at. 
    Well, there you go…all that excitement for nothing.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23022
    DiscoStu said:
    Philly_Q said:
    the_jaffa said:
    Not a lot in it for me. 

FM?

I googled the line up and Fleetwood Mac came up. Seems they were due to headline one of the nights but it got cancelled months back. Must have been an out of date listing I looked at. 
    Well, there you go…all that excitement for nothing.
    That's alright, I'll just watch FM then.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 11926
    Philtre said:
    I saw him at a festival a few years back (can't for the life of me remember where).  What I di remember however was that he played a load of old shite.
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4317
    Offset said:
    Philtre said:
    I saw him at a festival a few years back (can't for the life of me remember where).  What I di remember however was that he played a load of old shite.
    Techno techno techno

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• euaneuan Frets: 1508
    Brass Against is the only one I noted in a brief look.
    I'll be watching over the weekend and will enjoy quite a few I bet.
    Hopefully it won’t be too wet when the perform 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 5006
    I might watch some of Kendrick Lamarr to see if I can spot whst the fuss is all about
  • DeftDeft Frets: 30
    Return of Jamie T!

Also Kikagaku Moyo - Japanese psychedelic brilliance, hopefully this gets a stream
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7115
    Snap said:
    I enjoy the coverage, and have it on pretty much constantly. Not fussed about any of the main acts, but there are usually some interesting bands on.

Squid are worth a watch - very good, sort of Television ish,
    My daughter's friend is playing - Mush, which is cool.

I'm more interested in the fact that my daughter's band, Minds Idle, are playing a sold out headline gig at the Leadmill on Saturday. How damned cool is that?! That's where we will be. No doubt filling up with pride and trying not to look like I'm crying! 
    pretty damn cool, hope she and her compañeros have a ball!
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • randellarandella Frets: 4223
    CHRISB50 said:
    Offset said:
    Philtre said:
    Techno techno techno
    I saw him play a set in Sheffield a few years ago - I don't know what I was expecting, but it probably wasn't Ozric Tentacles' Kick Muck which he dropped as soon as I'd walked in and got a pint.

Everyone was having a good time, I suspect quite a few were there just for the novelty of seeing the Nugget behind the turntables. He was certainly signing a few autographs. Was a good night, from memory.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9836
    I shall look forward to the following on iPlayer hopefully

Billie Eilish
    Robert Plant and Alison Krauss
    Rufus Wainwright
    Herbie Hancock
    St Vincent
    Libertines (quite far down the bill - don't they do late nights these days?)
    Arlo Parks
    Wet Leg
    Kate Rusby
    Imelda May

Quite a few really, I usually quite enjoy the BBC coverage of the festival but I always watch it on catch-up so I can skip through the talking bits. I don't need to hear radio 2 DJs saying "oh my god how good was THAT" after every clip :)

I'm sure there will be loads of good stuff that I've not heard of as well but that can be harder to find unless by chance
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12414

Billie Eilish
    Rufus Wainwright
    Herbie Hancock
    St Vincent
    Arlo Parks
    Wet Leg
    Kate Rusby
    Imelda May

Quite a few really, I usually quite enjoy the BBC coverage of the festival but I always watch it on catch-up so I can skip through the talking bits. I don't need to hear radio 2 DJs saying "oh my god how good was THAT" after every clip :)

I'm sure there will be loads of good stuff that I've not heard of as well but that can be harder to find unless by chance
    Look out for First Aid Kit if you haven't seen them before.
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9836
    munckee said:

Billie Eilish
    Rufus Wainwright
    Herbie Hancock
    St Vincent
    Arlo Parks
    Wet Leg
    Kate Rusby
    Imelda May

Look out for First Aid Kit if you haven't seen them before.
    I have, wasn't really into them unfortunately
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • BluebeardBluebeard Frets: 228
    Wet Leg are on now on the Park Stage