Glastonbury 2022 - 50th anniversary

What's Hot

Comments

• chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 4061
    Supergrass killing it 
    @DrCornelius - would you have any idea on the black Gibson model that Gaz was playing on Richard III, Moving etc ?

Forgive my ignorance if it is obvious - I know jack s@@t about Gibson other than LP and SG shapes.
    I missed some of it but definitely saw him with a black 335.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1793
    Sam Fender’s currently doing a cracking job in the pyramid stage at the moment, and I love how much he and his band looking like they’re having the time of their lives!
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Tone71Tone71 Frets: 632
    Enjoying Crowded House and loving that Tele!
  • maharg101maharg101 Frets: 746
    Just watched Supergrass. They sound better than ever.
    This one goes to eleven

Trading feedback here
  • MrSwansonMrSwanson Frets: 470
    Tone71 said:
    Enjoying Crowded House and loving that Tele!
    Not sure why they've given that kid the mic ffs
    View my trading feedback here: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58681/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Devil#20Devil#20 Frets: 1995
    Just watching Crowded House on catch up. What's that acoustic Neil Finn is playing. Is it a Maton? Agree that tele looked ace. 

Ian

Lowering my expectations has succeeded beyond my wildest dreams.

• proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    Devil#20 said:
    proggy said:
    I choose not to watch Man Utd when they're on the telly, but I don't bang on about how rubbish they've become.
    You just did. 
    Did I.
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12531
    maharg101 said:
    Just watched Supergrass. They sound better than ever.
    They were a band I wrote off as novelty act in the 90s but to be fair they were pretty good. 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23536
    edited June 2022
    So much good stuff there. The highlights for me would be Jamie T, St Vincent, Wet Leg, Billie Eilish, AJ Tracey, Four Tet, Primal Scream, Ziggy, Wolf Alice, Andy C, Macca, Noel, Kendrick Lamaar, Sleaford Mods, Bonobo, Kurupt FM. Loads! 

The only problem is how to see them all!

People who look at a lineup like they have at Glasto every year and can't see anything from a lineup that has everything from metal to jazz to blues to electro to hip hop to lofi and everything in between , and don't think they'll find music to enjoy, I mean... do they even listen to music?

I'm seeing the Stones tomorrow so that more than makes up for not going but I'm definitely going to try again next year. 
    Personally I think there are too many different styles, spread too thin.  The whole thing is just too big, too many acts, too many stages, too many distractions.  Fine if you like hanging out in the sunshine with tens of thousands of people, wandering around, getting pissed, getting stoned, making friends, doing whatever takes your fancy - I do realise many, many people love all that, but it's not for me.  Yeah, I know, I'm the forum miseryguts.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • artiebearartiebear Frets: 810
    Sam Fender is doing a great job. Quite refreshing. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ArchtopDaveArchtopDave Frets: 1373
    Five pages in, and no mention of DakhaBrakha. If they don't put a smile on your face, you need to phone a friend to arrange an undertaker. Seen them several times; always been a delight. 
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7201
    Philly_Q said:
    So much good stuff there. The highlights for me would be Jamie T, St Vincent, Wet Leg, Billie Eilish, AJ Tracey, Four Tet, Primal Scream, Ziggy, Wolf Alice, Andy C, Macca, Noel, Kendrick Lamaar, Sleaford Mods, Bonobo, Kurupt FM. Loads! 

The only problem is how to see them all!

People who look at a lineup like they have at Glasto every year and can't see anything from a lineup that has everything from metal to jazz to blues to electro to hip hop to lofi and everything in between , and don't think they'll find music to enjoy, I mean... do they even listen to music?

I'm seeing the Stones tomorrow so that more than makes up for not going but I'm definitely going to try again next year. 
    Personally I think there are too many different styles, spread too thin.  The whole thing is just too big, too many acts, too many stages, too many distractions.  Fine if you like hanging out in the sunshine with tens of thousands of people, wandering around, getting pissed, getting stoned, making friends, doing whatever takes your fancy - I do realise many, many people love all that, but it's not for me.  Yeah, I know, I'm the forum miseryguts.
    Glastonbury lost its soul many many years ago. It's made for TV nowadays. Always fun to watch though, as you say there's a lot to pick from. Apart from Idles who are bloody awful.
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1396
    Oooo gear alert. Arlo Parks guitarist using quad cortex
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
  • St Vincent is killing it
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4178
    Tuning in to Khruangbin in a min...
  • randellarandella Frets: 4384
    Philly_Q said:
    Personally I think there are too many different styles, spread too thin.  The whole thing is just too big, too many acts, too many stages, too many distractions.  
    I would happily watch a good two-thirds of that lot, but my one Glastonbury taught me that it's absolute murder seeing a load of stuff that's spread across stages. The sheer physical challenge of getting to areas, stages, tents, whatever, is a full-time job. It's basically a town the size of Reading in a field. 

Don't get me wrong, I had a superb time - but navigating (bumbling) to all the sets you want to see is a bit easier on the telly.

Maybe I'm just a massive fucking lightweight :lol: 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Toms_DadToms_Dad Frets: 173
    Just watching Alison Krause and Robert Plant. I think they sound really good. Loved their version of Battle of Evermore. Nice to see him play second fiddle to Alison Krause. Looks like he’s really enjoying himself.
  • artiebearartiebear Frets: 810
    Philtre said:
    If the bass player could play roughly in time it would be great.
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4178
    Philtre said:
    For some reason, not coming across very strongly.

• CaseOfAceCaseOfAce Frets: 1414
    So far just underlines for me what a massive BLACK HOLE exists on terrestrial TV in UK for mainstream music right now and how poorly it is served.

What we've got is  Jools Holland but other than that...? (don't even mention X-Factor).

no wonder new music can't break thru to a wider audience.
    There's NO means to do so. 

REALLY, REALLY need a mainstream prime time music show - primetime BBC1 - just give us a weekly half an hour  perhaps...this is who is new / hits etc... - yeah I know I'm talking TOTP ain't I ...but daaayyyummm ... what a gaping chasm this is in mainstream broadcasting at the moment.
    Surely you can squeeze it in between Eastenders and Repair Shop FFS...

Just heard Sigrid - Sucker Punch.... that's fu*ckin ace...never even knew it existed till tonight...
    ...she's got Dickie Davies eyes...