Not looking good for Queenie

What's Hot
bertiebertie Frets: 13581
Dr's  are very concerted and all the kids are on their way up to Balmoral 

even if you're   "anti royalist"  hard to deny she's worked hard at doing her state duties/work.  

Wonder what her first words were to ex  " liberal and staunch anti royalist"  Liz Truss
just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
 just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ReverendReverend Frets: 5261
    I'm no monarchist but the key thing is some people may lose a mother or grandmother. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 16reaction image Wisdom
  • bertie said:
    Wonder what her first words were to ex  " liberal and staunch anti royalist"  Liz Truss
    You mean from one Liz II another?
    Taking part in 1000 Lights - raising money for Uprawr Mental Health Foundation
    https://www.justgiving.com/page/pianomatt-1000lights
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Well, it would be nice to have a bank holiday between the august one and christmas.
    3reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1493
    bertie said:
    Dr's  are very concerted and all the kids are on their way up to Balmoral 

even if you're   "anti royalist"  hard to deny she's worked hard at doing her state duties/work.  

I hope she told her to go fuck one's self :)

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Got a lot of time for her majesty and I’m not a huge royalist , I just think she’s someone who took her responsibilities very seriously, put in a great shift and never let us down or embarrassed the country (unlike some of her offspring)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 40reaction image Wisdom
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13581
    Got a lot of time for her majesty and I’m not a huge royalist , I just think she’s someone who took her responsibilities very seriously, put in a great shift and never let us down or embarrassed the country (unlike some of her offspring)
    those are the words I was looking for,   well said DrC
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • randellarandella Frets: 4421
    Got a lot of time for her majesty and I’m not a huge royalist , I just think she’s someone who took her responsibilities very seriously, put in a great shift and never let us down or embarrassed the country (unlike some of her offspring)
    I feel there's a difference between being anti-monarchy and anti-queen. I'm vehemently against the institution itself, it should have gone out with the Ark. I've a good deal of respect for QEII as a human though.

As soon as Charles gets his fizzog on the five-pound note, I feel we'll all start to realise just how big a shift she put in.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 12692
    Couple of threads on the go here which are probably worth merging.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1493
    Exactly this. 
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31314
    I have no respect for the titular office she holds nor for any form of royalty.

I do, however, have great respect for her, the way in which she has executed a very hard role within changing times- and I think it's reasonable to seperate both of these out and not conflate the two.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
  • GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3746
    Gassage said:
    I have no respect for the titular office she holds nor for any form of royalty.

I do, however, have great respect for her, the way in which she has executed a very hard role within changing times- and I think it's reasonable to seperate both of these out and not conflate the two.
    Quite. 
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6842
    or embarrassed the country (unlike some of her offspring)
    And her late neanderthal husband.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15935
    I'm a pretty staunch anti royalist, but there's no doubt that, as well as being a mother etc, she's been a pillar of stability in a sometimes very turbulent world and chaotic times. IMO she has carried out her duties, even when I'm sure she didn't want to, to the best of her abilities and trod that fine line between duty and personal preference. I also believe that when she does peg it, there should be a very adult conversation about the future roll of the monarchy. 

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
  • Lots of comments on here I can't disagree with.

However, I'm definitely not looking forward to how the Beeb reacts. I mean, given what they did for Philip, gawd knows how long we'll be watching docs of Brenda...*

Where the fuck did that nickname come from, anyway? Charles is Brian, too, apparently, but I've never heard anything similar for any of the others. Weird.
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • AsterixTGAsterixTG Frets: 307
    edited September 2022
    merlin said:
    or embarrassed the country (unlike some of her offspring)
    And her late neanderthal husband.
    A fine man.

Loved winding up idiots - was really good at it too - always got them to bite.

Fingers crossed Her Majesty is comfortable and gets to see her family.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 12692
    Lots of comments on here I can't disagree with.

However, I'm definitely not looking forward to how the Beeb reacts. I mean, given what they did for Philip, gawd knows how long we'll be watching docs of Brenda...*

Where the fuck did that nickname come from, anyway? Charles is Brian, too, apparently, but I've never heard anything similar for any of the others. Weird.
    'Brenda' was bestowed upon HRH by Private Eye.

Harry and Meghan are heading for Balmoral.  One can only expect Liz will take a turn for the worse.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2737
    edited September 2022
    As others have said, I'm not a royalist either but I can't help but admire our Liz, and she is ours. It's sad that things are looking bleak for her but she's done well to get to her age.
  • I’m a royalist, but have watched the institution slowly being eroded by dim-witted fuck-pigs like Andrew and Harry. I wish her Maj all the best, she’s the one they should emulate.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • Got a lot of time for her majesty and I’m not a huge royalist , I just think she’s someone who took her responsibilities very seriously, put in a great shift and never let us down or embarrassed the country (unlike some of her offspring)

Same here, royalist or not, there's no denying all the good she's done, she over saw the largest decolonisation project in history - the break up of the British Empire, and managed to do it far far more peacefully than any other Empire in history at the end of it's days.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • StefBStefB Frets: 2491
    Offset said:
    Lots of comments on here I can't disagree with.

Harry and Meghan are heading for Balmoral.  One can only expect Liz will take a turn for the worse.
    I would too if that pair turned up, and I'm less than half her age.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom