Not looking good for Queenie

What's Hot

Comments

• There won’t be much in the telly tonight now so I’ll just be following this Discussion instead. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12115
    Sporky said: no
    Sporky said:
    Leave the thread fella. You arent wanted here.
    Or what? This is not your forum. You have no authority over me. 
    I never really paid attention to who you were before, until now.

perhaps I’ll come to your funeral and start shouting shit about you?  Or how about your wife’s funeral? Or your mother’s funeral? It’s okay as long as I do it on public road yeah?  

Yeah, it’s not the same thing, mine is imaginary, you are doing it for real now.

Jesus Christ. You really have no class.
    I am not at a funeral. I posted before the announcement.

Everyone who's piling in with personal insults is in breach of the forum rules and common decency. 
    The point is timing. If you want to start a thread trash talking the monarchy, go ahead. A new thread.  Go knock yourself out.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RockerRocker Frets: 5045
    The people of Ireland send their deepest condolences to the British people on the passing of their Queen. She is a hard act to follow. RIP. 
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • Very sad day.  I'm no royalist but God help us now,
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 12692
    Sporky said:
    She systematically manipulated the country's laws to her advantage, and saved a sex offender from justice. Correct me if I'm wrong. 
    By all means express the opinion, but choose a different time to do it please.  Thanks.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • LPManic said:
    Huw Edwards is really good at filling time and narrating pictures.
    I had ITV on (just flicking through channels at the end of The Simpsons) and they didn’t do the announcement particularly well. A lot of speculation and jibber jabber now. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16308
    In another tasteless vein ......I'm selling National Lottery numbers predictions for next week ....£20  a pop
    Just sayin'........
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Talking of tasteless posts...mine was taken down by @Rowland .. fair play but some of comments on here are also tasteless.

RIP 
    “Ken sent me.”
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15935
    Sporky said:
    VimFuego said:
    Sporky said:
    I'm with sporky on this He expressed an opinion, that he has supported with rational. Whether he said what he said today or 10 days ago, his words would be exactly the same. All that's changed is, by the timing of today's news, is how people react to those words. 10 days ago, nothing, today a lot more. I would say those feelings are up to the individual to deal with, not sporky.
    But don't let that stop anyone forming a lynch mob and going after him, it is tFB after all. 
    Absolutely pathetic ....really not the place to make such a point. Decency eh
    I get it, some people just like to get indignant and self righteous, it's the new national pastime. 

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 12692
    Interestingly, Huw Edwards was wearing a black tie for the duration of his stint on the News Channel.  Long before Liz's death was announced.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Offset said:
    Interestingly, Huw Edwards was wearing a black tie for the duration of his stint on the News Channel.  Long before Liz's death was announced.
    that'll set off the conspiracy theorists! 

• DominicDominic Frets: 16308
    I just heard an announcement that The King will be travelling back to London tomorrow 
    That sort of brought it home and it sounded strange 
    when you realise that there are many who have been born ,lived and died during that reign .
    She was very much a proper "Gracious" Queen in the modern age .
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • Offset said:
    Someone told me she died at lunchtime
    “Ken sent me.”
  • I had a really good meme lined up, but it’s not going to go down at all well now. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Dominic said:
    I just heard an announcement that The King will be travelling back to London tomorrow 
    when you realise that there are many who have been born ,lived and died during that reign .
    as I said in the tribute thread, she had already been monarch for several years when my parents met. It's a length of service, of duty, that is quite frankly staggering. Difficult to get my head around just how long she was monarch, how many events happened in that period, how much change.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 28166
    VimFuego said:
    Dominic said:
    as I said in the tribute thread, she had already been monarch for several years when my parents met. It's a length of service, of duty, that is quite frankly staggering. Difficult to get my head around just how long she was monarch, how many events happened in that period, how much change.
    And how she managed to stick to the brief throughout it all.

An amazing sense of duty and commitment.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13581
    edited September 2022
    VimFuego said:
    Offset said:
    that'll set off the conspiracy theorists! 
    Megan did it..........................................why do you think she wasnt with Ginge on the way up
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4664
    edited September 2022
    Finally Ian Brown can rest ..

Thanks for all you've done Elizabeth my dear 
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 7095
    Offset said:
    The Arsenal team are playing away in Switzerland and have conjured up a set of black armbands at halftime. I think everyone was in on the secret.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 32125
    TheMarlin said:
    I had a really good meme lined up, but it’s not going to go down at all well now. 
    Was it the "Liz Truss shanked the Queen, pass it on" one which is doing the rounds? 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom