Not looking good for Queenie

What's Hot

Comments

• BrizeBrize Frets: 5641
    Offset said:
    Brize said:
    Emp_Fab said:

She did nothing to gain or earn this position.  It was a random chance based on which cousins shagged each other.  It's just a relic of medieval times.  A useless anachronism in the modern world.

She had the very best of everything and did little to deserve such lavish wealth showered upon her.  She died in a palace surrounded by riches and the world's best medical teams.  My mother worked her fingers to the bone all her life and died in excruciating pain in an understaffed NHS hospital.  My mother would likely be alive today if she'd had a tenth of the attention Elizabeth Saxe-Coburg-Gotha had.  I'm damn sure my own Elizabeth did more to deserve it.
    Blimey, lefties...
    I'm a leftie.  It's to do with respect for the feelings of others.  Some of the posts on here are fucking shameful WRT Liz.
    Agreed. Envy is the most common human emotion, and the most unseemly.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12669
    Dominic said:
    scrumhalf said:
    A loss to the nation she gently guided, one which permits even the most ill-conceived, tasteless, poorly-timed, factually inaccurate and just plain fat-headed comments to be freely made in places such as this.

Charles will now have to work for a living, the shock might kill him. 
    I'm no fan of royalty, but your statement about Charles is just plain wrong - given the work he does.
    Quite so , He's a  gentle and thoughtful fellow ....he was carping on about environment and similar issues 30 years ago long before anybody truly realised the crisis .......they thought he was a tree-hugging crank.
     He has been an overlooked resource for a long time because the Queen continued the top job and there was a limit to what he could do rather than overshadow her .
    He has actually been quite inspirational in many ways and he has worked quite hard albeit a great job.
    What you forget is that his true career is just starting TODAY long after many men his age have long -retired !

He's been doing it for longer than 30 years, I think I read somewhere that he's been talking about environmental issues since the 70's.  Remember his purple carrots?
    That meant a lot as he flew round the world in private jets. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 7095
    Offset said:
    Greatape said:
    What a strange day. We all knew it was coming, but still. 

I think the weird thing is that it's the loss of the continuity that everyone had always been used to. 

Life is change. 
    It's Elton I really feel sad for.
    Don't worry.  'Little Lizzie' is on the way.
    A candle in the womb?
    Surely he'll get a slot at the Wembley tribute concert with Brian May and Cliff Richards?
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 12692
    mrkb said:
    Surely he'll get a slot at the Wembley tribute concert with Brian May and Cliff Richards?
    You sound like my Mum.  She always added an 's' to Sir Clifford's adopted surname.  Agree with the rest.
  • Emp_Fab said:
    I have to say that I too am with @Sporky here - kind of.  Whilst I don't personally subscribe to the epithets he chose, the facts remain she protected a suspected sex offender, which is not a good look whoever you are. 

I'm not a royalist by any means and I'm sad an old lady died.  However, she had a lifetime of pampering and the absolute best of everything for no other reason than she was the daughter of a bloke who was the son of somebody else who...  blah blah blah...   She randomly appeared in this giant mess of inbreeding, murder and betrayal....

She did nothing to gain or earn this position.  It was a random chance based on which cousins shagged each other.  It's just a relic of medieval times.  A useless anachronism in the modern world.

She had the very best of everything and did little to deserve such lavish wealth showered upon her.  She died in a palace surrounded by riches and the world's best medical teams.  My mother worked her fingers to the bone all her life and died in excruciating pain in an understaffed NHS hospital.  My mother would likely be alive today if she'd had a tenth of the attention Elizabeth Saxe-Coburg-Gotha had.  I'm damn sure my own Elizabeth did more to deserve it.

I’ll address your points Emp as like a few on here , I’m genuinely saddened by that he reaction by some on here to the death of probably the last of the great monarchs of this country 

1 - She tried to protect her son who let’s be honest is an idiot but probably thought women threw themselves at him because of who he was . The bloke had his head so far up his own arse he would t have thought for a minute that a woman would be paid to shag him

2 - She randomly appeared in the bloodline when she did and thank fuck that was the case - we were bloody lucky to have her as it could have been way, way worse 

3 - So you really think she didn’t do anything to deserve her privileged position . She worked her royal bollocks off for about 80 years straight 

4 - Sorry to hear about your mum but the Queen doesn’t manage the purse strings of the NHS - we need to rant at elected politicians to get that sorted 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 17reaction image Wisdom
  • paulmapp8306paulmapp8306 Frets: 854
    edited September 2022
    Emp_Fab said:
    I have to say that I too am with @Sporky here - kind of.  Whilst I don't personally subscribe to the epithets he chose, the facts remain she protected a suspected sex offender, which is not a good look whoever you are.  I'm not a royalist by any means and I'm sad an old lady died.  However, she had a lifetime of pampering and the absolute best of everything for no other reason than she was the daughter of a bloke who was the son of somebody else who...  blah blah blah...   She randomly appeared in this giant mess of inbreeding, murder and betrayal....

Your entitled to your opinion for sure - but you have no idea how utterly im offended at that rant.... On this day in particular Id have thought you might have had the curtesy to keep your thoughts to yourself...   This is NOT the time to spout this.  Another day its a fair discussion - but today its just insulting, lacks dignity and respect.  regardless of your views, om THIS day, you should hang your head in shame.

She may have had her position by birth - which makes how she handled herself, her authority, her pure class in a job she didnt choose...  How many of us can ever say that even in a job we DID choose.   She was - probally, the greatest monarche we have ever had in this country in many ways.  She was loved and respected the world over.  She handled herself with distinction in everything she did.   
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 28166

I would never describe myself as a "Royalist" in that I'm not an active fan/supporter/whatever of the individuals.  Show my any family that doesn't have its dubious characters, and no family has to deal with the same level of expectation, attention, ill-informed judgement, envy, unreal environment, etc, so the level of dubiousness is probably accentuated.

*BUT* given the turmoil in the world, and the complete lack of decency / morality of the elected representatives who are supposed to represent us, our country, our values and our place in the world, it seems to me that the Queen filled (judgement pending on the Charles III) a valuable role of reliability, integrity, dependability, stability.  

She was here for the long-term, evolving slowly with the world but a long way above its short-term vicissitudes, with a total dedication to the duties thrust upon her at whatever sacrifice to herself - and probably her family too.

Scarily, I saw one fact that said, as head of the Commonwealth, she was titular head for nearly 1/3rd of the world's population.  Dismiss and criticise as you will the colonial past of the UK (but don't throw the positive baby out with the negative bathwater) that led to the Commonwealth, there was probably no more influential person in the world than the Queen, and no person with great obligation and duty to so many.

So, thank you ma'am.

You've earned a break.

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 10reaction image Wisdom
  • PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3410
    edited September 2022
    Emp_Fab said:

I just thought that was a chart of your car choices until I read it
    This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
    20reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12550
    I’m no Royalist either but I’m surprised at the lack of respect in some of the posts. The woman only died a few hours ago FFS. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 11reaction image Wisdom
  • GillyGilly Frets: 1205
    Emp_Fab said:
    I have to say that I too am with @Sporky here - kind of.  Whilst I don't personally subscribe to the epithets he chose, the facts remain she protected a suspected sex offender, which is not a good look whoever you are. 

I'm not a royalist by any means and I'm sad an old lady died.  However, she had a lifetime of pampering and the absolute best of everything for no other reason than she was the daughter of a bloke who was the son of somebody else who...  blah blah blah...   She randomly appeared in this giant mess of inbreeding, murder and betrayal....

I’ll address your points Emp as like a few on here , I’m genuinely saddened by that he reaction by some on here to the death of probably the last of the great monarchs of this country 

1 - She tried to protect her son who let’s be honest is an idiot but probably thought women threw themselves at him because of who he was . The bloke had his head so far up his own arse he would t have thought for a minute that a woman would be paid to shag him

2 - She randomly appeared in the bloodline when she did and thank fuck that was the case - we were bloody lucky to have her as it could have been way, way worse 

3 - So you really think she didn’t do anything to deserve her privileged position . She worked her royal bollocks off for about 80 years straight 

4 - Sorry to hear about your mum but the Queen doesn’t manage the purse strings of the NHS - we need to rant at elected politicians to get that sorted 
    That sounds very much like you’re trying to excuse his behaviour. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 7095
    Offset said:
    mrkb said:
    You sound like my Mum.  She always added an 's' to Sir Clifford's adopted surname.  Agree with the rest.
    I thought there were more than one of them.........
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19627
    Watching DaveTV, all adverts have been pulled, but the slots remain instead of just missing the shite & showing the programmes.
    Is this happening anywhere else?
    Strange form of mourning from the beast that is 'the market'...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Emp_Fab said:
    However, she had a lifetime of pampering and the absolute best of everything for no other reason than she was the daughter of a bloke who was the son of somebody else who...  blah blah blah...   She randomly appeared in this giant mess of inbreeding, murder and betrayal....
    @emp_Fab - all of us are a product of a random mess of inbreeding, murder and betrayal.  Depends how far you choose to, or can, look backwards into a family tree, but that's basically how we all got to be here.

The basis on which we should be judged - to the extent that anyone has the right or authority to judge anyone else - is what we choose to do with the position into which we were inbred, murdered or betrayed.

I really don't think she could be faulted for the way that she discharged the role that was asked and expected of her - not a role that she sought.

As for "a lifetime of pampering" - I don't think I could ever be persuaded to accept the pampering for the level of expectation, scrutiny, criticism and judgement that comes with it.

Mind, she probably never had to worry about her cars.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    I know it's different, but it does seem odd that we are discussing someone's job, how they got it, how they did etc... just hours after their death.  

Spot.  On.
  • TTony said:

She probably had a healthy interest in them.
  • Gilly said:
    Emp_Fab said:

That sounds very much like you’re trying to excuse his behaviour. 
    I wouldn’t say excuse it as such , just say that I can’t believe for a minute he thought at any point he was shagging an underaged exploited / trafficked woman . He was used to woman throwing themselves at him and I’m sure Epstein cultivated a charade that all these nubile young things were just queuing up to have sex with these sad old bastards 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19627
    edited September 2022
    AsterixTG said:
    TTony said:

She probably had a healthy interest in them.
    Nah, she was definitely a biker chick 

Queen Elizabeth 2nd  Elizabeth ii Her majesty the queen Queen elizabeth\

Edited on reflection.

• ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2043
    You can learn a lot about fellow forum members in a thread like this. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6326
    Emp_Fab said:
    I have to say that I too am with @Sporky here - kind of.  Whilst I don't personally subscribe to the epithets he chose, the facts remain she protected a suspected sex offender, which is not a good look whoever you are.  I'm not a royalist by any means and I'm sad an old lady died.  However, she had a lifetime of pampering and the absolute best of everything for no other reason than she was the daughter of a bloke who was the son of somebody else who...  blah blah blah...   She randomly appeared in this giant mess of inbreeding, murder and betrayal....

She was not responsible for who she was born to. Like all of us, including your mother, she had to play the cards that life dealt to her. And she played them brilliantly and achieved more than 99% of tFBers.

(Writes a Republican.)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 10reaction image Wisdom