Not looking good for Queenie

What's Hot

Comments

• exocetexocet Frets: 1994
    Offset said:
    Bojo's headline grabbing 'tribute'. Jeez.
    I thought it was rather good.  I'm no Boris fan either.
    I didn't say it wasn't well written, just suggested it was written with an agenda.
    He probably wrote two versions.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8883
    Offset said:
    I didn't say it wasn't well written, just suggested it was written with an agenda.
    I’ve been wondering what Liz Truss said about his statement.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • exocet said:
    Offset said:
    He probably wrote two versions.
    Well played sir.
    'Vot eva happened to the Transylvanian Tvist?'
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 12692
    Offset said:
    You may be right, but Johnson is a politician.  No politician says anything unless there's an agenda attached to it.  It was a well-crafted piece of writing however.  Credit where it's (rarely) due :-)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19627
    edited September 2022
    Offset said:
    Offset said:
    You may be right, but Johnson is a politician.  No politician says anything unless there's an agenda attached to it.  It was a well-crafted piece of writing however.  Credit where it's (rarely) due :-)
    Johnson does deep & meaningful sincerity really well in speeches.

It only falls down when you realise that he is a lying, self serving weasel with 'form' for such behaviour.
    He doesn't have a sincere or sympathetic atom in his body & if he did the atom would quit the premises without notice or forwarding address...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 11reaction image Wisdom
    It only falls down when you realise that he is a lying, self serving weasel with 'form' for such behaviour.  He doesn't have a sincere or sympathetic atom in his body...
    OK.  I acquiesce.  Still a good eulogy though :-)
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11477
    Will we get an interview with David Icke about the burial rituals of lizard people?

And will Mr Lydon be penning a new version of a certain song for the Coronation? 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3746
    What a strange day. We all knew it was coming, but still. 

I think the weird thing is that it's the loss of the continuity that everyone had always been used to. 

Life is change. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalf said:
    Will we get an interview with David Icke about the burial rituals of lizard people?

And will Mr Lydon be penning a new version of a certain song for the Coronation? 
    You have more chance of the former. Johnny R isn't as Rotten on Royalty as his rep.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Greatape said:

I think the weird thing is that it's the loss of the continuity that everyone had always been used to. 

Life is change. 
    It's Elton I really feel sad for.
    Greatape said:

Life is change. 
    Don't worry.  'Little Lizzie' is on the way.
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7459
    edited September 2022
    Sporky said:
    Sporky said:
    Leave the thread fella. You arent wanted here.
    Or what? This is not your forum. You have no authority over me. 
    I never really paid attention to who you were before, until now.

perhaps I’ll come to your funeral and start shouting shit about you?  Or how about your wife’s funeral? Or your mother’s funeral? It’s okay as long as I do it on public road yeah?  

Yeah, it’s not the same thing, mine is imaginary, you are doing it for real now.

Jesus Christ. You really have no class.
    I am not at a funeral. I posted before the announcement.

Everyone who's piling in with personal insults is in breach of the forum rules and common decency. 
    What's forum rule number 1? 

Edit: Maybe 6 as well actually. Interesting, never looked through them all before.
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7288
    DefaultM said:
    Sporky said:
    Sporky said:
    Leave the thread fella. You arent wanted here.
    Or what? This is not your forum. You have no authority over me. 
    I never really paid attention to who you were before, until now.

perhaps I’ll come to your funeral and start shouting shit about you?  Or how about your wife’s funeral? Or your mother’s funeral? It’s okay as long as I do it on public road yeah?  

Yeah, it’s not the same thing, mine is imaginary, you are doing it for real now.

Jesus Christ. You really have no class.
    I am not at a funeral. I posted before the announcement.

Everyone who's piling in with personal insults is in breach of the forum rules and common decency. 
    What's forum rule number 1? 
    We do not talk about fight club?
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24782
    edited September 2022
    I have to say that I too am with @Sporky here - kind of.  Whilst I don't personally subscribe to the epithets he chose, the facts remain she protected a suspected sex offender, which is not a good look whoever you are.  I'm not a royalist by any means and I'm sad an old lady died.  However, she had a lifetime of pampering and the absolute best of everything for no other reason than she was the daughter of a bloke who was the son of somebody else who...  blah blah blah...   She randomly appeared in this giant mess of inbreeding, murder and betrayal....

She did nothing to gain or earn this position.  It was a random chance based on which cousins shagged each other.  It's just a relic of medieval times.  A useless anachronism in the modern world.

She had the very best of everything and did little to deserve such lavish wealth showered upon her.  She died in a palace surrounded by riches and the world's best medical teams.  My mother worked her fingers to the bone all her life and died in excruciating pain in an understaffed NHS hospital.  My mother would likely be alive today if she'd had a tenth of the attention Elizabeth Saxe-Coburg-Gotha had.  I'm damn sure my own Elizabeth did more to deserve it.
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 16reaction image Wisdom
  • Dominic said:
    scrumhalf said:
    A loss to the nation she gently guided, one which permits even the most ill-conceived, tasteless, poorly-timed, factually inaccurate and just plain fat-headed comments to be freely made in places such as this.

Charles will now have to work for a living, the shock might kill him. 
    I'm no fan of royalty, but your statement about Charles is just plain wrong - given the work he does.
    Quite so , He's a  gentle and thoughtful fellow ....he was carping on about environment and similar issues 30 years ago long before anybody truly realised the crisis .......they thought he was a tree-hugging crank.
     He has been an overlooked resource for a long time because the Queen continued the top job and there was a limit to what he could do rather than overshadow her .
    He has actually been quite inspirational in many ways and he has worked quite hard albeit a great job.
    What you forget is that his true career is just starting TODAY long after many men his age have long -retired !

He's been doing it for longer than 30 years, I think I read somewhere that he's been talking about environmental issues since the 70's.  Remember his purple carrots?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 32125
    Oh the irony. Having speculated about when we'll get a day off work, my missus has just been told that her Royal Mail strike day has been called off tomorrow, meaning she actually has an extra day at work.
    :D
    10reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BrizeBrize Frets: 5641
    mrkb said:
    Offset said:
    Interestingly, Huw Edwards was wearing a black tie for the duration of his stint on the News Channel.  Long before Liz's death was announced.
    The Arsenal team are playing away in Switzerland and have conjured up a set of black armbands at halftime. I think everyone was in on the secret.
    I think they're just still mourning being in the Europa League.
  • BrizeBrize Frets: 5641
    Emp_Fab said:

She did nothing to gain or earn this position.  It was a random chance based on which cousins shagged each other.  It's just a relic of medieval times.  A useless anachronism in the modern world.

She had the very best of everything and did little to deserve such lavish wealth showered upon her.  She died in a palace surrounded by riches and the world's best medical teams.  My mother worked her fingers to the bone all her life and died in excruciating pain in an understaffed NHS hospital.  My mother would likely be alive today if she'd had a tenth of the attention Elizabeth Saxe-Coburg-Gotha had.  I'm damn sure my own Elizabeth did more to deserve it.
    Blimey, lefties...
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Offset said:
    Greatape said:

Life is change. 
    Don't worry.  'Little Lizzie' is on the way.
    A candle in the womb?
    edited September 2022
    Brize said:
    Emp_Fab said:

Blimey, lefties...
    I'm a leftie.  It's to do with respect for the feelings of others.  Some of the posts on here are fucking shameful WRT Liz.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom