Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Best looking car ever made

What's Hot

Comments

• That orange Unimog looks pretty excellent. No proper tree surgeon should be without one.
    That orange one looks like serious money though, probably beyond most tree surgeons.

Somewhere I have a sales brochure for them, you could fit them with ploughs like a tractor, & run them on railway tracks with wheel adaptors.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16295
    A Black one would make a great Hearse for very short people 
  • AK99AK99 Frets: 1658
    Dominic said:
    Quite ,I had a Pantera GTSin the early 80s ;it was a lot of fun but a local man had an Iso Griffo which was just beautiful
    Jzz - gorgeous things. The GTS were the ones with the lettering on the side I think -  tough as fk looking. Chap near here had one for a long time - took it out on a track day and warned us all to keep well clear as it was extremely valuable / didn't want any run ins with our low-rent stuff - and then proceeded to stuff it all by hisself.

The only thing I ever thought looked slightly better than the GTS btw were some of the iterations of the Mangusta.
    They weren't valuable back in 1981.....pretty unloved and unwanted but a great car .Mine was £6200.
    The Group 5 version of the GTS was probably the best drive but was a bodykitted race replica in that mid 80s style that involved lots of skirts and spoilers ......ruined the pure look of the car.
  • the_jaffathe_jaffa Frets: 1845
    Dominic said:
    the_jaffa said:
    Emp_Fab said:
    Unfortunately not.  I don't think much of any of the cars so far other than a couple of Ferraris - and the green Veloster of course!
    Why don’t you suggest something then?

I'm guessing this, it's pimped out with a flame paint job

I have a soft spot for the Pacer
    I see a great similarity with the early Subaru WRX Rally Hatchback of circa 2000

It's a Gremlin, and surprisingly worth £15k nowadays.
    Nope, that’s definitely a Pacer
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24705
    the_jaffa said:
    Emp_Fab said:
    Unfortunately not.  I don't think much of any of the cars so far other than a couple of Ferraris - and the green Veloster of course!
    Why do I have to ?  I'm happy spectating and criticising !
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12521
    If they made that graphite colured FV now I suspect they'd sell very well (to those who could afford them) would be wise to stick with the Chrysler motors too.

60's Thunderbirds do vary though- 61-63 with the rocket burner back lights WOW! 64-65 Similarly WOW! But the 1960 "square" bird errr.... (just my opinion)
    The Vega would look even better in that grey but with a red interior. 

Yeah, TBirds vary a lot from year to year, there’s some absolutely gorgeous ones but some mingers in the mix too. I like the 62 the best. Phwoar. 

• SporkySporky Frets: 29189
    That orange Unimog looks pretty excellent. No proper tree surgeon should be without one.
    That orange one looks like serious money though, probably beyond most tree surgeons.

Somewhere I have a sales brochure for them, you could fit them with ploughs like a tractor, & run them on railway tracks with wheel adaptors.
    There seem to be a fair few around here. They make me smile every time I see one; the proportions are quite comical, like a giant Tonka Toy or similar. Another vehicle I'd love to have a go in.

On a more conventional more, the last good looking Ferrari. 

"[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    The 456
    I really liked it but it was a bit eclipsed by the 550 Maranello which was available at the same time.They were current until 2003 but sold badly and were also up against the Modena and 458.
    In fact ,they were the cheapest 2nd hand Ferrari until 8 years ago and a bit unloved although practical and a good car.
    I think they were a bit too 'unspecial' looking for the Prancing Horse......there was a Peugeot Coupe available at the time which looked a bit similar and did it no favours.
    It seems the tendency is for people to jump straight to Sports Cars in the 'good-looking' category ....there have been some beautiful saloons over the years ....I saw a Mark I Corniche Convertible with the roof down back in the summer and it looked superb......even the Cadillac EL Dorado Convertible was magnificent in it's 1950s heyday (absolutely iconic )
    The 550 had a horrible snouty intake, and no pop-up headlights. 
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19416
    the_jaffa said:
    Dominic said:
    the_jaffa said:
    Emp_Fab said:

I'm guessing this, it's pimped out with a flame paint job

I have a soft spot for the Pacer
    I see a great similarity with the early Subaru WRX Rally Hatchback of circa 2000

It's a Gremlin, and surprisingly worth £15k nowadays.
    Nope, that’s definitely a Pacer
    AMC Pacer. Notorious. That'll be why it has the flame paint job...
    For Bohemian Rhapsody fans only  ;)
    The 406 coupe was indeed a nice looking thing.

• andy1839andy1839 Frets: 2213
    edited January 2023
    DB1 said:
    I had these  (not the actual cars shown)- a 635CSi Highline, 840CSi and a few of the E38 &40i's. The 635 was Lachs Silver but the 840 and 740 were a darkish blue - I can't remember the name of the colour, but it's the same as the 7 Series in the pic. Lovely things in their different ways, although the 840 went a bit wrong at the rear pillar from the front  three-quarter angle IMO.  I think the 635's have easily quadrupled in price now.

I loved my old 850!  

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8601
    Sporky said:
    The 406 coupe was indeed a nice looking thing.

I don't really get it. It's sort of pretty but also bland and instantly forgettable. 
    No,thats a really bad angle and colour
    they were actually really good looking
  • Yes to the 406 coupe - Pininfarina design that only looks bland today because of the small wheels and peugeot face that reminds us all of the 106 and 306. 

Meh to the 456. Better than anything since until the Roma but the 550 and 335 were both at least as good looking

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 5011
    Forgot about this, one of the best looking modern cars about:

In a world of shitty, fake, chunky SUV looking shite, this was a touch of pure class.

The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • HaychHaych Frets: 5787
    Has the Beemer Z8 had a mention yet. I think it has rather classy lines for a relatively modern car. 

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

The Quadrafoglio isn't incredible looking .......it's very pleasant looking but just a Giulia with wider arches and deeper spoiler.
    It is ,however , a fantastic car that out-engineers ,outdrives and outperforms a lot of really serious Exotica all in a saloon 4 door package of perfect convenience and practical day to day use.It works on the road and track .Would take it over a GT3 anyday.
    It has a totally Italian feel and soul and is a magical car .
    I've driven many miles in one .....it's superb.