Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Best looking car ever made

What's Hot

Comments

• OffsetOffset Frets: 12516
    Sporky said:
    The 406 coupe was indeed a nice looking thing.

Years back we were on a wine tasting trip in France and one of these was parked up at our hotel.  It had Brit plates and the number plate was R1 OJA :-)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16295
    Esplendido
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 5011
    Dominic said:
    The Quadrafoglio isn't incredible looking .......it's very pleasant looking but just a Giulia with wider arches and deeper spoiler.
    It is ,however , a fantastic car that out-engineers ,outdrives and outperforms a lot of really serious Exotica all in a saloon 4 door package of perfect convenience and practical day to day use.It works on the road and track .Would take it over a GT3 anyday.
    It has a totally Italian feel and soul and is a magical car .
    I've driven many miles in one .....it's superb.
    Jealous! I think it's gorgeous though :)

The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rze99rze99 Frets: 2403
    Keith Richards 1965 Bentley Continental Flying Spur Sports Saloon, which he dubbed “Blue Lena” in honour of the iconic Jazz crooner Lena Horne

1965 Keith Richards Bentley to be Auctioned

• DB1DB1 Frets: 5031
    Haych said:
    Has the Beemer Z8 had a mention yet. I think it has rather classy lines for a relatively modern car. 

Lovely - based on the equally lovely, if not lovelier, 507 (below). A dealer friend of mine has one - I think that he paid £5000 to go on the waiting list for one. I thought he was insane to pay (from memory) £90,000 for it. To date, he's £100,000 up on the deal. That's why he's worth £10 million and I'm worth £10, I suppose. C'est la V8, I suppose.

Call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • BrizeBrize Frets: 5640
    rze99 said:
    Keith Richards 1965 Bentley Continental Flying Spur Sports Saloon, which he dubbed “Blue Lena” in honour of the iconic Jazz crooner Lena Horne

All of those types of Rolls and Bentleys look much better with two doors:

Haych said:
    Has the Beemer Z8 had a mention yet. I think it has rather classy lines for a relatively modern car. 

The Z8 is one of the very few BMWs I really like.  I think they're seriously classy.  I followed one (the only one I've ever seen on the road) a while back on the A428 and I don't know if it had aftermarket pipes on it, but it sounded pretty good too.

I'd have one in a flash but since the asking price these days seems to be between £150k-£200k, that won't be any time soon.  Not a bad ROI on the new price of £86k.
  • rze99rze99 Frets: 2403
    DB1 said:
    Haych said:

Lovely - based on the equally lovely, if not lovelier, 507 (below). A dealer friend of mine has one - I think that he paid £5000 to go on the waiting list for one. I thought he was insane to pay (from memory) £90,000 for it. To date, he's £100,000 up on the deal. That's why he's worth £10 million and I'm worth £10, I suppose. C'est la V8, I suppose.

aye both are beauties
  • HaychHaych Frets: 5789
    edited December 2022
    Offset said:
    Haych said:

The Z8 is one of the very few BMWs I really like.  I think they're seriously classy.  I followed one (the only one I've ever seen on the road) a while back on the A428 and I don't know if it had aftermarket pipes on it, but it sounded pretty good too.

I'd have one in a flash but since the asking price these days seems to be between £150k-£200k, that won't be any time soon.  Not a bad ROI on the new price of £86k.
    It has the same 5L V8 as the E39 M5, so probably sounds pretty tasty from the factory. 

Cheapest one I’ve seen for sale recently was £190k!! Most were in the region of £200k - £225k!!  Serious money but still a gorgeous car to behold. 

Oh, and not that it makes any difference, Neil Peart owned one and was quite fond of it. 

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

• KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8601
    rze99 said:

Apparently, Blue Lena had some sort of "secret compartment". I can't imagine what that could have been used for...
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29189
    There was one of these in the car storage place I used. Much smaller and dantier than they look in pictures, and the interior is very pretty.

"[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    Sporky said:
    There was one of these in the car storage place I used. Much smaller and dantier than they look in pictures, and the interior is very pretty.

Sorry @Sporky , I've always thought Spykers are seriously ugly.   Just yeeeeuck!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29189
    I don't think you need to apologise for not liking it. :)
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8601
    Offset said:
    Sporky said:

Sorry @Sporky , I've always thought Spykers are seriously ugly.   Just yeeeeuck!
      Get that bent bonnet fixed and it wouldn't be so bad.
    Boromedic said:
    Dominic said:
    The Quadrafoglio isn't incredible looking .......it's very pleasant looking but just a Giulia with wider arches and deeper spoiler.
    It is ,however , a fantastic car that out-engineers ,outdrives and outperforms a lot of really serious Exotica all in a saloon 4 door package of perfect convenience and practical day to day use.It works on the road and track .Would take it over a GT3 anyday.
    It has a totally Italian feel and soul and is a magical car .
    I've driven many miles in one .....it's superb.
    Jealous! I think it's gorgeous though :)
    Not mine unfortunately .....but I have borrowed it from the classic car garage here on the farm about a dozen times along with some other beauties .....it has been the best all round car that I have ever driven .
    Brize said:
    rze99 said:

All of those types of Rolls and Bentleys look much better with two doors:

That is just a fantastic looking thing in Brooklands Green
    There is a slightly better looking version called The Chinese Eye on account of the Headlight shape but it's probably overdue for a name change in today's world 
  • SmellyfingersSmellyfingers Frets: 939
    edited December 2022
    Many good looking cars pictured here but of those that are still relatively common or accessible isn't it the original Jaguar XJS?

If it was a lady it would Kiera Knightley or Lauren Becall. In fact the XJS is thought, amongst the intellegensia, to be a fine magnet for the more discerning birds.
  • Absolutely love the Z8. 

I actually saw two in one day last year (definitely different ones - one was the Alpina) around Stowe in Vermont. Both utterly lovely and great that they're getting used. Main conclusion.. there is A LOT of money in Stowe, VT! 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    I think these were pretty cool too.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Coup Bmw m1 Sports car Classic car Automotive design Sedan Bmw
  • Anyone like a veyron? 

I wouldn't mind a wee go of one.