IK Multimedia TONEX Pedal

What's Hot
1111213141517»

Comments

• BasherBasher Frets: 1230

I've found a decent Ampeg SVT-CL patch too, so my initial aim of a do it all lounge rig is coming along.

Bit of a shame that the onboard compressor is a bit crap for bass. Needs more parameters. 
    Is the Ampeg an Amalgam patch? Just interested to know as I've only casually listened to a few bass patches.

Pity about the compressor as it sounds basically ok to me. What I can't quite get my head round are the patches with compressors included in the capture. Surely compression is a "time based" effect (with variable attack and release) and therefore out of Tonex modelling capabilities. 
    I've listened to some with the compressors "baked in" but they tend to sound very squashed, even with high end units as the source.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5705
    John_P said:
    Are the Amalgam free ones any good, or do hey save the good stuff for the paid packs?

Yes he just picks one of the captures in the pack an uploads it to tonenet.  
    I just downloaded all his free ones I liked the look of and found a couple of excellent Mesa ones that are really close to both my Helix and my old proper Dual Rec.

Nice!

I've found a decent Ampeg SVT-CL patch too, so my initial aim of a do it all lounge rig is coming along.

Bit of a shame that the onboard compressor is a bit crap for bass. Needs more parameters. 
    Oo! What Mesa one did you get? I really need to check out the Amalgam stuff
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25278
    DiscoStu said:
    John_P said:
    Are the Amalgam free ones any good, or do hey save the good stuff for the paid packs?

Yes he just picks one of the captures in the pack an uploads it to tonenet.  
    I just downloaded all his free ones I liked the look of and found a couple of excellent Mesa ones that are really close to both my Helix and my old proper Dual Rec.

Nice!

Oo! What Mesa one did you get? I really need to check out the Amalgam stuff
    Remind me tomorrow and I’ll get the name of the patch.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Cheeky reminder for @fretmeister ;
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25278

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Cheers min!
  • rickd2112arickd2112a Frets: 44
    edited August 22
    I've just ordered a Tonex One, will be with me tomorrow. But I'm wondering if I've made a miscalculation.

I have avoided the Tonex pedals as I really don't want to have to use a computer with them. I am looking for a simple, good sounding headphone solution. The whole point is to be quick to plug-in, and then practice. I don't want to start messing with software. I had a POD Go for a while and spent more time messing with it than playing. 

I appreciate that you can use the software to download new captures - that's fine, I planned to do that after getting used to it. Then set it and forget it. So I'm not saying I won't use the software, I understand what it's for and will use it. However, I don't wish to use it with a guitar connected as part of my practise.

My plan was to use the factory presets for a while. I assumed that you select one, say the Super Reverb, then adjust the gain, treble, middle, bass, reverb etc to suit your requirements. But then how do you save that to the preset?

I've just realised that in the countless videos and posts I looked at, no one ever mentions this.

Otherwise once you change preset or power the Tonex One off, the knobs tweaks will be lost.

Have I missed something, or do you have to make these tweaks in the computer software and save them in the librarian?

Can any users let me know how this works please?

EDIT
    Sorted - I'd missed that it has Auto-Save. So any changes on the pedal should be auto-saved into the pedal's preset.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • adaminoadamino Frets: 130
    I've just ordered a Tonex One, will be with me tomorrow. But I'm wondering if I've made a miscalculation.

I have avoided the Tonex pedals as I really don't want to have to use a computer with them. I am looking for a simple, good sounding headphone solution. The whole point is to be quick to plug-in, and then practice. I don't want to start messing with software. I had a POD Go for a while and spent more time messing with it than playing. 

I appreciate that you can use the software to download new captures - that's fine, I planned to do that after getting used to it. Then set it and forget it. So I'm not saying I won't use the software, I understand what it's for and will use it. However, I don't wish to use it with a guitar connected as part of my practise.

My plan was to use the factory presets for a while. I assumed that you select one, say the Super Reverb, then adjust the gain, treble, middle, bass, reverb etc to suit your requirements. But then how do you save that to the preset?

I've just realised that in the countless videos and posts I looked at, no one ever mentions this.

Otherwise once you change preset or power the Tonex One off, the knobs tweaks will be lost.

Have I missed something, or do you have to make these tweaks in the computer software and save them in the librarian?

Can any users let me know how this works please?
    Try a few amalgam captures which are very good,they are pretty much pre configured (like all captures available) within their captures with bass gain treble and settings and Cabs etc to sound great.

You would have to load them onto the pedal via the tonex software.
    You would have to slightly tweak the treble bass volume settings on the pedal itself to suit your taste.
    My Fender FR-10 arrived today!!
    Plugged the Tonex in to it and now have a better sense of what it can do (compared to putting it through my Yamaha THR10).
    Some of the stock cleans sound fabulous, especially with the neck pickup of my Baja Tele.
    Some of the high gain captures which initially sounded really good through the THR actually sound quite fizzy or squelchy through the FR-10 which I wasn't expecting. 
    And then there's the Twin and Plexi sounds which are fab. 

So now I have a quality amp to hear the real deal, I have to get me some Amalgam downloads...
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2496
    Nope, I’m sending it back. For me, it just feels too difficult to get everything set as I want it (which is ironic as my main systems are Fractals…). 

Shame, but think I’ll stick with the Fractal stuff for now.