The F1 thread

What's Hot

Comments

• IanpdqIanpdq Frets: 131
    That's if anybody is still watching it by the end of the season too many rules and regs on fuel and engines 
    :))

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24868
    I'm going to cancel my Sky F1 channel.

Costs caps and new engines - no problems. But artificially pissing about with the scoring so a 4th place at the last race is worth as many points as a win only a week before...

Fuck that shit.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ROOGROOG Frets: 562
    edited December 2013

How about "its a knock out" style joker cards?

What about giving a driver double points if its his birthday? (If the Queen enters she can have two days a season)

Hey what about a box of nails for each team to be ejected from the back of each car under control from the driver?

How about the drivers wear silly foam rubber costumes?

F1 has too many rules, most of them either designed by marketing gnus to increase the spectacle or as sticking plasters to previous poor decisions made.

F1 never was a great sport with the processions of old (70's), sorry I can't speak for the 50's and early 60's , but it is seriously going down the pan, needs a rethink. 

• So how many points will Lewis Hamilton get if he catches the Golden Snitch?

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    edited December 2013
    The FIA should also offer points for pole, fastest lap, fastest tyre change, riskiest overtake, best helmet design and flashiest doughnut with bonus points for the funniest post race interview. Then get the viewers to vote online. Get Bruce Forsyth to host it and a bunch of has-been F1 racers as judges and you've got Bernie's new hit show. Strictly come racing ...

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    They should get the drivers to run around the track before they start the race Le Mans style.

• HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9827
    edited December 2013
    Double points for last race - this from the guy who not that many years ago reckoned race wins should be the important thing. Now second, third, or fourth in the final race to earn at least as many points as a win in any other race. Madness.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
    Looks like double-points will be dropped. A PR stunt?

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12513
    chillidoggy;101885" said:
    They should get the drivers to run around the track before they start the race Le Mans style.
    Or have a handicap system to even out the drivers weight. The skinny or small ones have to eat 4 meat pies and a piece of bread pudding before the parade lap.
    Di Resta out of F1. Looking to return to DTM.

Probably for the best. Wonder if he's going to have to stump up any dosh to Anthony Hamilton?

• Just use the finish positions for the previous race in reverse order so the winner starts at the back and has to fight their way forward.

• holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Fretwired said:
    He should go to the US, Justin Wilson is very tall and struggled as an F1 driver, but he seems to be doing well out there.
    My V key is broken
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28354
    double points last race is dumb and illogical. Best reason ever to have your number two driver take out the opposition!

I think that for the whole year they should scrap points altogether and do "devil take the hindmost' - where the last car each week is out! finished for the season.
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3614
    axisus said:

I think that for the whole year they should scrap points altogether and do "devil take the hindmost' - where the last car each week is out! finished for the season.
    I can see there being a lot of DNF through mechanical 'failure' or last lap crashes that just knock a tyre off or some such.

Perez going to Force India, then. Money talks.

• holnrew said:
    Fretwired said:
    He should go to the US, Justin Wilson is very tall and struggled as an F1 driver, but he seems to be doing well out there.
    I went to school with Justin Wilson.
    Use Your Brian
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IanpdqIanpdq Frets: 131
    What a load of shit not going to bother to watch at all next year with the inconsistency of the stewards this is a joke http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/111838

Ianpdq said:
    What a load of shit not going to bother to watch at all next year with the inconsistency of the stewards this is a joke http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/111838
    Not sure. I recall all the posts regarding some of the young guys like Grosjean who got a ban for his antics at Spa last year.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom