The F1 thread

What's Hot

Comments

• cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2668
    For those that don't know, Webber is friends with TT legend John McGuiness and goes to the TT races every year. This clip of his reaction to seeing John ride through the bottom of Bray Hill at 180mph cracks me up everytime (NSFW):

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrew said:
    Fretwired said:
    Di Resta out of F1. Looking to return to DTM.
    He should go to the US, Justin Wilson is very tall and struggled as an F1 driver, but he seems to be doing well out there.
    I went to school with Justin Wilson.

I shared a physiotherapist with him. Di Resta will probably do better away from the F1 fiasco. Can't wait for another season of despair.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrew said:
    Fretwired said:
    Di Resta out of F1. Looking to return to DTM.
    He should go to the US, Justin Wilson is very tall and struggled as an F1 driver, but he seems to be doing well out there.
    I went to school with Justin Wilson.

I shared a physiotherapist with him. Di Resta will probably do better away from the F1 fiasco. Can't wait for another season of despair.
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    edited December 2013

Justin Bell once sat in my car at Brighton Speed Trials.

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee189/chillidoggy/Cobra/scan0008.jpg

• So Sutil to Sauber and Hulk/Perez confirmed at Force India. If FI have any money next year they should have a good season.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    Brawn taking a year out ... Dennis confirms he's spoken to Brawn ... rumours Dennis is trying to get back control of the F1 team and replace Whitmarsh with Brawn to coincide with the arrival of Honda. Brawn and Honda may be able to attract Alonso back to the team.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggy;104378" said:
    Justin Bell once sat in my car at Brighton Speed Trials.http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee189/chillidoggy/Cobra/scan0008.jpg
    Is that a Dax?
    chillidoggy;104378" said:
    Justin Bell once sat in my car at Brighton Speed Trials.http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee189/chillidoggy/Cobra/scan0008.jpg
    Is that a Dax?
    Yes.

• And it looks rather good! My old man built a Gardiner Douglas Cobra about 20 years ago. Think it was the first car that actually frightened him, and he drives an E-Type which isn't the friendliest drivers car!
    It looks better with him in it than me! He was driving the 8-litre Viper GTS in the background. I beat him down the strip twice, until the jammy sod pipped me by 0.07 of a second. He'd come first in the Le Mans GT2 class that June.

• chillidoggy;105935" said:
    It looks better with him in it than me! He was driving the 8-litre Viper GTS in the background. I beat him down the strip twice, until the jammy sod pipped me by 0.07 of a second. He'd come first in the Le Mans GT2 class that June.
    that was a while ago then - he didn't bring his dad along did he?

Back on topic, kind of. Paul Di Resta would be better off in the states, not sure his personality suits sportscars. Can't imagine he'd like to share a car.

It'd also be great for webber to get a drive at the Indy 500 after Le Mans next year then he can have a shot at the triple graham Hill style.

Can't see big Ron back on the pit wall but Brawn I can see. I'd go with Brawn and Alonso to McLaren together with Honda. Can't imagine Ferrari being much better next year.
    The pieces are falling into place at McLaren .. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/25400798

• Whitmarsh out Brawn and Alonso in, Dennis with controlling shares in McLaren but no day to day role in the F1 side.
  • Britney just tweeted, then deleted this :D 

• Red Bull brain drain. This could be good news.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/25444218
    Michael Schumacher suffers serious head injury while skiing - been airlifted to hospital. Hope he's OK .... :-(

• Fretwired said:
    Michael Schumacher suffers serious head injury while skiing - been airlifted to hospital. Hope he's OK .... :-(
    He was conscious in the chopper and had been wearing a helmet, so fingers crossed the "serious" bit is just media over-hype 
    Fretwired said:
    He was conscious in the chopper and had been wearing a helmet, so fingers crossed the "serious" bit is just media over-hype 
    BBC News said he's in a critical condition ... hope he pulls through OK.

• Doesn't sound that good at the moment. Fingers crossed.