The F1 thread

What's Hot

Comments

• ESchapESchap Frets: 1428
    Writing's on the wall for him I'd say.  He doesn't strike me as the type who'd voluntarily step down from a board (though they will say he has), he's been pushed, the rest of the board will not want to be tarred with his brush.   Equally the Board wouldn't want it to look like they've been duped by him and are out of control, so he's kept the operational role ...He'll lose that soon enough.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    edited January 2014
    ESchap said:
    Writing's on the wall for him I'd say.  He doesn't strike me as the type who'd voluntarily step down from a board (though they will say he has), he's been pushed, the rest of the board will not want to be tarred with his brush.   Equally the Board wouldn't want it to look like they've been duped by him and are out of control, so he's kept the operational role ...He'll lose that soon enough.
    I think it will depend on the court case. If he wins he'll continue and if he loses he'll be off to prision. Don't forget Bernie's generated wealth and a global audience for F1 - the big sponsors feel confident he can deliver the business end.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3614
    Fretwired said:
    ESchap said:
    I think it will depend on the court case. If he wins he'll continue and if he loses he'll be off to prision. Don't forget Bernie's generated wealth and a global audience for F1 - the big sponsors feel confident he can deliver the business end.
    If he loses, his health will 'suddenly deteriorate' and any custodial sentence will be ignored so he can see out his days in luxury and comfort.

ESBlonde said:
    Fretwired said:
    ESchap said:
    If he loses, his health will 'suddenly deteriorate' and any custodial sentence will be ignored so he can see out his days in luxury and comfort.

He's likely to go to a 'luxury' open prison for four weeks so he has a criminal record ... I put money on him escaping. He's a wily old fox.

• ESchapESchap Frets: 1428
    His health may well deteriorate before the court hearing if he thinks he's going to lose and be convicted.  Though as he's surely a man with an ego the size of Jupiter, it's unlikely that he'll believe he can lose.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24887
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula-one/25766407

Whitmarsh no longer McLaren CEO! Big Ron is back. Team principle to be announced soon!

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

• IanpdqIanpdq Frets: 131

Whitmarsh no longer McLaren CEO! Big Ron is back. Team principle to be announced soon!
    That is good news

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    Christ almighty! A double celebration! Off the wagon tonight!

• Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7922

I'd imagine the team principle would be to win races, not sure they need to announce that.
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Im reading that some of the press are speculating that Micael Schumacher may never come out of the coma.  

Sort of puts things into perspective.

Too much perspective.

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24887
    Paul_C said:

I'd imagine the team principle would be to win races, not sure they need to announce that.

Oh piss!

People mixing up Principle and Principal really annoys me!

So I'm saying.... Autocorrect fail!

I got it right on FB!

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

edited January 2014

Told you so a few pages back .... what's the betting it's Brawn?

Edit:

The world and his dog are saying it's Brawn and when asked Big Ron grinned and refused to deny it.

McLaren are back.

• I do believe we predicted this.....
  • So Brawn to McLaren, how about Big Ron gets Lewis to come home??
  • mcsdanmcsdan Frets: 451
    2014 season is going to be an interesting one. New regs/cars, Kimi/Alonso, Big Ron, new rookies, Vettel/Riciardo.  :-)
    Van_Hayden said:
    So Brawn to McLaren, how about Big Ron gets Lewis to come home??
    I think he wants Alonso ...

• Not sure if big Ron and Alonso would mix. But then I doubt Big Ron will be on the pit wall again...

It's a good job this side of F1 is interesting 'cause the racing's crap.
    Not sure if big Ron and Alonso would mix. But then I doubt Big Ron will be on the pit wall again...

It's a good job this side of F1 is interesting 'cause the racing's crap.
    Sadly Hamilton's past it ... Alonso still has the hunger. I think Ferrari will bomb next year so Alonso will move to McLaren and hook up with Honda. Mercedes won't take the crown as the team's run by accountants and people who won't take risks.

• @Fretwired I hope you're wrong about Hamilton...

I hope Magnusson mixes things up a bit.

Concur with Ferrari and Alonso.

Mercedes are interesting, I can see them throwing enough money at it to get successful rather like Audi on sportscars.

I think it'll be Buttons last year. I wonder if he'll make the grid this year, recent events could fire him up or have the opposite effect.

Really hope Newey goes to build boats.
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    I don't think Hamilton is past it, I just think he's a twat. I reckon it'll be JB's last year, unless he pulls off something amazing, and wins the title.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom