The F1 thread

What's Hot

Comments

• BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4986
    More roundabouts an all...........

The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24780
    Boromedic said:
    More roundabouts an all...........
    Should suit the Red Bull then! :D 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Looks like Ferrari might have made a bit of a step forward and might be giving the McLaren's a run for their money as 'best of the rest'. 

Not convinced of this new Turn 10 orofile at Barcelona - looks like it might make a notoriously full track to race on even more dull.  :/

On other news, looks like Turkey might be getting ditched from the schedule as quickly as it was added in just a week or two ago...

BBC News - Turkish Grand Prix under threat after Turkey put on UK travel red list
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    Can’t they just hold it without fans?

• thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2949
    Can’t they just hold it without fans?
    I think the problem is more the teams.

Hang on - the teams were globetrotting across the world last year, when the rest of us had to hibernate. Pound to a pinch they've all been vaccinated, they're all there for 'work', so I don't understand the problem.

• BrioBrio Frets: 1933
    It’s more about letting the teams go to a Red List country and then them having to go to a quarantine hotel for a period of time even if it is for work.
  • ColsCols Frets: 7249
    It’s a mandatory 10 day hotel quarantine for anyone arriving back in the UK from Turkey.  The next Grand Prix is in France, starting 12 days after the Turkish GP finishes.  Considering the teams actually have to arrive at the circuit long before the official start of the race weekend, it’s a logistical impossibility.

Mind you, I’d be happier kicking Paul Richard into the rubbish heap in favour of the excellent Istanbul Park track.

Having said that, Turkey’s now on the red travel list for a reason.  It’s perhaps unfair to put all the race teams at risk for my own entertainment.
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7688
    Was concerned about McLaren.after FP2 but that's better - I guess they were testing other stuff out yesterday 
    Red ones are better. 
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    Cols said:
    It’s a mandatory 10 day hotel quarantine for anyone arriving back in the UK from Turkey.  The next Grand Prix is in France, starting 12 days after the Turkish GP finishes.  Considering the teams actually have to arrive at the circuit long before the official start of the race weekend, it’s a logistical impossibility.

Mind you, I’d be happier kicking Paul Richard into the rubbish heap in favour of the excellent Istanbul Park track.

Having said that, Turkey’s now on the red travel list for a reason.  It’s perhaps unfair to put all the race teams at risk for my own entertainment.

Doesn't F1 have an exemption due to all the testing and strict rules?

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    Hamilton again shows why he is the best .. the 100th career pole ..

• Interesting that none of them improved on their final Q3 runs. Second weekend in a row that's happened, pretty unusual!
    Interesting that none of them improved on their final Q3 runs. Second weekend in a row that's happened, pretty unusual!

I think they were all pushing too hard (according to Button/Brundle).

• I see Mazespin is going to be starting 23rd in the grid after his 3-place penalty...
    I see Mazespin is going to be starting 23rd in the grid after his 3-place penalty...

He should be starting in Moscow's Red Square ... useless ..

Fretwired said:
    Cols said:

I thought that was the case which was why I piped up about it.

edited May 2021
    Fretwired said:
    Cols said:

I thought that was the case which was why I piped up about it.

Apparently, it doesn't - the teams are bound by the rules. The FIA is rumoured to be looking to switch to a track in Germany.

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27609
    edited May 2021
    I tell you what, yesterday’s Monaco Formula E race was the best thing I’ve seen around that circuit in years. Just shows it’s not all about lap time but having cars that can go nose to tail and side by side. 

Racing starts around 30:00

https://youtu.be/gtXQOYokSEs?t=1768
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    Possible shitty weather ahoy! 

Well Lewis managed to turn that one into a reasonably exciting Spanish GP for once.  Phenomenal drive, bold strategy and perfect execution. 

One-stops should never be Plan A...