The F1 thread

What's Hot

Comments

• ColsCols Frets: 7727
    Fretwired said:
    Marco blames Hamilton for wrecking Albon's career ... it's laughable .. he's obviously trying to wind Hamilton up before Sunday's race.

Well, to be fair Helmut is a bit of an expert at destroying the careers of young drivers.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 8105
    Zak Brown has tested positive for Covid - drivers have not been in close contact with him fortunately 
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3434
    TimmyO said:
    Zak Brown has tested positive for Covid - drivers have not been in close contact with him fortunately 
    But they were all at Goodwood FoS last weekend....
    This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    PC_Dave said:
    TimmyO said:

Yikes .. not good.

Calling Hulkenburg .... :-)

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28753
    PC_Dave said:
    TimmyO said:
    Yep. Must admit I thought it was way too soon to see everyone that close without masks. 

With Lando at the Euro final and DannyRic at Wimbledon that’s some chunky risk, relatively speaking. Apparently Stoffel is their #1 option and already agreed with Merc if they need someone 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    In other news, a full size mock-up of the new car has been unveiled. It looks mostly like the existing renders, tbh. 
    PC_Dave said:
    TimmyO said:
    Yep. Must admit I thought it was way too soon to see everyone that close without masks. 

With Lando at the Euro final and DannyRic at Wimbledon that’s some chunky risk, relatively speaking. Apparently Stoffel is their #1 option and already agreed with Merc if they need someone 

McLaren should get Toto to let them have Russell - send Stoffel to Williams.

In other news, a full size mock-up of the new car has been unveiled. It looks mostly like the existing renders, tbh. 

I guess we'll see it on TV over the weekend.

• PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3434
    Will keep an open mind until I see some team liveries on it - looks a bit F3 to me in the current guise
    This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
    Fretwired said:
    PC_Dave said:
    TimmyO said:

While I’d love it, I don’t think they’d want to do that to DannyRic in case George jumped in and went quicker..
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

While I’d love it, I don’t think they’d want to do that to DannyRic in case George jumped in and went quicker..

DannyRic is getting hammered by Lando. It is better to be beaten by Russell, who did well against Bottas and could have won a race, than Stoffel .. :-)

It would be great for the British crowd.

PC_Dave said:
    Will keep an open mind until I see some team liveries on it - looks a bit F3 to me in the current guise
    Ricciardo’s in trouble.  Boom mic picked him up saying “Yeah, no it’s terrible. It’s shit, it’s worse.” when looking at the mock-up with the other drivers.

• GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8892
    tFB Trader
    I saw the new 2022 car on YouTube last night. I hope it’ll look better once the teams have their liveries on it. It seems that with every passing year the cars lose more character.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25568
    I saw the new 2022 car on YouTube last night. I hope it’ll look better once the teams have their liveries on it. It seems that with every passing year the cars lose more character.
    Not a surprise though. Ultimately there will be 1 shape that is the most efficient while complying with a set of rules.

I remember when Gordon Murray proposed a "Box" design - that as long as the car fit in a particular sized box then the engineers should be able to do what they want. However it's likely that each season 1 team would do something amazing and leave the others for dead without any competition.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

Cols said:
    PC_Dave said:
    Ricciardo’s in trouble.  Boom mic picked him up saying “Yeah, no it’s terrible. It’s shit, it’s worse.” when looking at the mock-up with the other drivers.

Looks worse or drives worse?
    Red ones are better. 
    edited July 2021
    I think it looks ace! It looks like something you’d design to look visually slick, rather than something that’s just a mandelbrot set of aero on aero 
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    TimmyO said:
    Cols said:
    PC_Dave said:

Looks worse or drives worse?
    He’s denying he was talking about the car, and “can’t remember” what the topic was.  

“I’m actually curious now. Was I standing next to Lando? I don’t swear around Lando because he is still quite young.“
  • I don't mind how it looks in general, with the glaring exception of the front wing. Looks like an elaborately waxed moustache. Everything else looks pretty good to me.
    He was probably talking about his own results this season! 

I have no issues with the new cars. I don’t really care how they look if they give us better racing. 
  • sammysabersammysaber Frets: 707
    Fretwired said:
    A feast of F1 this weekend in the UK. Different timings and a sprint race. Lots of action on Friday:

Friday 16 July

Pirelli British Grand Prix - Practice 1 at 14:30
    Pirelli British Grand Prix - Qualifying 1 at 18:00
    Pirelli British Grand Prix - Qualifying 2 at 18:22
    Pirelli British Grand Prix - Qualifying 3 at 18:45
    Pirelli British Grand Prix - Sprint Grid at 19:00

Sat 17th July

Pirelli British Grand Prix - Practice 2 at 12:00
    Pirelli British Grand Prix - Sprint Race at 16:30

Sun 18th July

Pirelli British Grand Prix - Race at 15:00

Quali on Friday seems odd but the sprint race could be entertaining, although Hamilton thinks it will be a procession.
    Nice one.

Also non Sky viewers can see it all live on Channel 4 cos it's Silverstone - brilliant.